FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
KEJILIE

The "SECRET" of 76446 DPS in Mythic Gruul

First of all, you should be a BM HUNTER and have the tanlent STAMPEDE. You also need 4 hunters' Tier 17 to maximize your DPS.

Go to the BLACK TEMPLE to catch 4 awesome HYDRAS. They are at the left hand side after you enter BLACK TEMPLE.

Catch one and stand by the nagas. Be careful, don't let your hydra kill the nagas. Those nagas will automatically give your hydra a FRENZY DEBUFF. It has a high miss rate, so be patient. After your hydra "get red", dismiss it immediately and don't summon it out again. Repeat this until you catch 4 hydras.

Enjoy your awesome DPS by the tanlent STAMPEDE and 4Tier17!

For logs, check Warcraftlogs (Gruul Asia 1st has 76466dps, btw the US&EU 1st also used those awesome hydras, but only has 66369dps~)

The goal to post this thread is to let Blizzard know and fix it. It makes the game unfair. Hope someone could post it to the U.S. server official forum. Thanks!

Edited by KEJILIE

This works. Just tried on kargath Heroic and did 68k dps. Was above 100k most of the fight, insane "bug".

First of all, you should be a BM HUNTER and have the tanlent STAMPEDE. You also need 4 hunters' Tier 17 to maximize your DPS.

Go to the BLACK TEMPLE to catch 4 awesome HYDRAS. They are at the left hand side after you enter BLACK TEMPLE.

Catch one and stand by the nagas. Be careful, don't let your hydra kill the nagas. Those nagas will automatically give your hydra a FRENZY DEBUFF. It has a high miss rate, so be patient. After your hydra "get red", dismiss it immediately and don't summon it out again. Repeat this until you catch 4 hydras.

Enjoy your awesome DPS by the tanlent STAMPEDE and 4Tier17!

The goal to post this thread is to let Blizzard know and fix it. Hope someone could post it to the U.S. server official forum. Thanks!

Sadness... people like you ruin the fun for others who like to do stupid things for a laugh. Or just want to push mythic progression, although Gruul is pretty easy.

This works. Just tried on kargath Heroic and did 68k dps. Was above 100k most of the fight, insane "bug".

Got a log of this?

Dont have for the Kargath but tried it a couple of times on our mythic progression.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qLVj497kMJDrT28f#fight=36&cutoff=3

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qLVj497kMJDrT28f#fight=41&cutoff=3&type=damage-done&source=18

As you can see I'm peaking above 200k dps on the pull, compared to around 130k with regular pet.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qLVj497kMJDrT28f#fight=19&cutoff=3&type=damage-done&source=18

Edited by Msa

This bug will probably be fixed ASAP and I do suspect there will be consequences for people that used it. 

Edited by Msa

This bug will probably be fixed ASAP and I do suspect there will be consequences for people that used it. 

Will it be fixed? Yeah.  Will there be consequences? Maybe, but I wouldn't expect there to be any, as it is an oversight on their end, that the "buff" persists through dismissal.

Fascinating share, thanks.

Couple questions:

1. Does this persist through a logout? AKA will the bets still have the buff after I log out and log back in?

2. What if I only capture one Hydra and apply the buff? I believe Stampede copies the pet multiple times if you don't have enough, so will each copy have the buff too?

3. This expires after the first use of stampede, correct? AKA it only lasts for one stampede until you have to go back to black temple to re-buff?

Couple questions:

1. Does this persist through a logout? AKA will the bets still have the buff after I log out and log back in?

2. What if I only capture one Hydra and apply the buff? I believe Stampede copies the pet multiple times if you don't have enough, so will each copy have the buff too?

3. This expires after the first use of stampede, correct? AKA it only lasts for one stampede until you have to go back to black temple to re-buff?

1) Yes it persists.

2) I'm not sure.

3) Nope, it lasts forever (so far).

Couple questions:

2. All stampede pets are frenzied if you go the glyph

3. No, and if you are about to wire just dismiss the pet and you still go the buff on it.

Tried this yesterday on EU servers, didn't notice a DPS increase on Gruul, only ~100k on pull.

Must be fixed.

Yes, this got stealth-fixed during yesterday's hotfixes.