FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Avarice85

Need substitution options for one of Sottle's hunter decks.

I would post it on the deck thread, but it won't let me for some reason. Kind of annoying really. 

https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/hunter-face-aggro-rush-gvg-deck

I do not have Arcane golems at all. Nor Leeroy.  What are some cheap options? 

I do not have very many Epic/Legendaries at all. I especially don't have any that have charge.  

I am not sure why you weren't able to post to the topic. What error message did you receive?

By default, guest user's posts, and newly registered user's first posts have to be approved by a moderator in order to prevent scam spams.

I am not sure why you weren't able to post to the topic. What error message did you receive?

By default, guest user's posts, and newly registered user's first posts have to be approved by a moderator in order to prevent scam spams.

There was no error. It just said "you are not allowed to post on this thread" and if i posted as guest the comment would not appear. 

Arcane Golem is only Rare, why wouldn't you able to craft it? Budget options are usually Commons and Rares, I would understand if it was Epic, but how can you not have 2 rares in a deck that already runs only 6 rares and 24 commons? It's one of the cheapest decks you could imagine. As for replacement, Quick Shots should be ok.

Arcane Golem is only Rare, why wouldn't you able to craft it? Budget options are usually Commons and Rares, I would understand if it was Epic, but how can you not have 2 rares in a deck that already runs only 6 rares and 24 commons? It's one of the cheapest decks you could imagine. As for replacement, Quick Shots should be ok.

I dont have the cards, I don't have the dust to create them. Hence why i don't have the option of playing them in my deck.... 

Well, the basic idea of the arcane golems is to get instant damage on the board, so you should think about cards that could substitute this effect. One way is to have other charge minions, but here the options are rather bad: wolfrider is already in the deck, so the only other ones are bluegill warrior (2, 2/1) or stormwind knight (4, 2/5) which is rather weak compared to the arcane golem. Alternatively, add quickshot, which is also less damage but cheaper and you don't have to worry about taunt. If you have don't have BRM, than arcane shot, even less damage, but again even more cheaper.

I do not have arcane golems (I only play hunter to get my daily quest) but I have Leeroy. Instead of the second golem, I inserted misdirection, which usually works pretty well as noone expects that secret and I can mostly use it to a) slow the opponnent b )get some damage to his face and c) annoys him as he hits himself ;-)

Edited by Horn

I assume this is a face Hunter deck? It really sounds like you are missing the best options here.

But if you really have no other option, consider jungle panther. It's slower, but you are fairly likely to get your damage off. Beware, however , of mages bearing flame cannons.

I dont have the cards, I don't have the dust to create them. Hence why i don't have the option of playing them in my deck.... 

Um, that's not what I meant. They are only rares, not Epics or Legend. You can easily net yourself 200 dust, it's not much. I understand you don't currently own them but 200 dust is matter of about 3 Arenas, you should be able to easily craft them instead finding replacement.

Um, that's not what I meant. They are only rares, not Epics or Legend. You can easily net yourself 200 dust, it's not much. I understand you don't currently own them but 200 dust is matter of about 3 Arenas, you should be able to easily craft them instead finding replacement.

I'm not at that point in HS to where i'm chaining arena wins together. I get about 4-6 wins in arena. Hell, yesterday i got 0-3. That doesn't result in much dust.  I got lucky with other packs, and they landed me all the other cards.  But arcane golems will take me a few days to craft. So I was posting for info in the meantime.  I hope this clears up the confusion.

Well, the basic idea of the arcane golems is to get instant damage on the board, so you should think about cards that could substitute this effect. One way is to have other charge minions, but here the options are rather bad: wolfrider is already in the deck, so the only other ones are bluegill warrior (2, 2/1) or stormwind knight (4, 2/5) which is rather weak compared to the arcane golem. Alternatively, add quickshot, which is also less damage but cheaper and you don't have to worry about taunt. If you have don't have BRM, than arcane shot, even less damage, but again even more cheaper.

I do not have arcane golems (I only play hunter to get my daily quest) but I have Leeroy. Instead of the second golem, I inserted misdirection, which usually works pretty well as noone expects that secret and I can mostly use it to a) slow the opponnent b )get some damage to his face and c) annoys him as he hits himself ;-)

I just put Reckless Rocketeer in there in the meantime. I know its not ideal, but i've been successful with it so far. The rocketeer has won me 2 games i can think of where it was the killing blow after silencing a taunt, or otherwise clearing the way.  I need about 100 more dust to get both golems, then i'll work on that. 

Thanks for the advice everyone. 

The Rocketeer is a bit more pricy, but at least it doesn't help your opponent by handing them a mana crystal -- one of the drawbacks of the cheaper immediate attack.