FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Warlene

leveling help

Hi everyone looking for some help iam a new player in wow and Iam working on a Warlock affliction can anyone help me in leveling strategy, rotation attacks, addons, and talents

My suggestion is do not level Affliction. You should level Demonology or Destruction. As Demonology, all you would do is spam Shadow Bolt while your pet kept on Threatening Presence. As Destruction, you would spam Incinerate. As you level and acquire new abilities, check your "Core Abilities" tab in your spell book. You can access your spell book by hitting P on your keyboard. This will list all of the abilities you'll need to level with.

I'd second Zagam's recommendation not to level as affliction. It's certainly possible but doesn't fit the run and gun style of leveling that most of WoW offers (at least until the higher levels). Destruction is very bursty at all levels from my experience, so in that regard its a great choice. With a little practice you'll work out a quick spell rotation that will have most mobs dead before they reach you, which you can repeat ad infinitum as you level up.

Also, if you find yourself in a tricky spot ever, just know that your voidwalker (or voidlord, if you choose to talent Supremacy when you reach tier 5) is a tough little blue aggromagnet nowadays Posted Image

All of the rotation, talent and addon information is in the guides here on this site - while it is not custom tailored to lower levels, it can easily be extrapolated to be effective, so I strongly recommend you check the class guide for whichever spec you choose.

I've leveled my WL as Affliction from Level 80.

It's nice to level it. Voidlord (Voidwalker with Grimoire of Supremacy) tanks, you dot and while everything dies, you pick some flowers.

In Affliction you can take multiple Targets, just keep an eye on yourt Demon's health and Funnel, if needed.

To 80 i leveled as Demo, which is still my second spec.

Just replied to the other lock leveling thread - I'll repeat what I said there.

I leveled 1-90 as affliction after MoP was released. I found it to be enjoyable and pretty quick, though I've never leveled as a lock before, so I can't compare it to either of the other two specs (which seem to be faster/more efficient based on comments from people who know stuff). My strategy was mostly let the void tank and dot a few mobs. I didn't have any trouble with any of the solo quest mobs. Other specs might be faster, but affliction definitely wasn't a bad experience.