FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
johanxshinigami

Grimoire of Supremacy?

I am making the thread mostly because I am conflicted and I have no idea how often the guides are updated/if anything has changed, but I was wondering is this talent hurting my dps since I am choosing this over service, or will I be fine using it? I'm personally not a fan of service (Tried it already) but if what i am hearing is true, i'll just have to force it down and use it, if it's such a huge dps increase over supremacy.

You're missing some information.

Spec?

Gear level?

Fight?

While gear level won't make a tremendous difference, a difference it does, indeed, make. But most importantly is your specialization you are talking about and what fights specifically you are mentioning. Certain fights with controlled periods of burst will be different than long term sustained single target DPS.

Affliction: Grimoire of Sacrifice, no debate

Demonology: Service or Supremacy, depending on fight

Destruction: Supremacy or Sacrifice, both are close

You're missing some information.

Spec?

Gear level?

Fight?

While gear level won't make a tremendous difference, a difference it does, indeed, make. But most importantly is your specialization you are talking about and what fights specifically you are mentioning. Certain fights with controlled periods of burst will be different than long term sustained single target DPS.

Affliction: Grimoire of Sacrifice, no debate

Demonology: Service or Supremacy, depending on fight

Destruction: Supremacy or Sacrifice, both are close

My apologies, I'm demo warlock, leveling up at the moment *88*, should be hitting 90 today, planning to hit heroics the very moment my gear allows me to que. But either way, I tend to be mindful of the DPS I am pulling and what others are pulling. Score at the moment is 404, pulling on a straight up DPS fight (Sha of violance for example) I can sustain 20-21k damage, if I use my cool downs correctly for burst damage (Dark soul+imps in line with a mastery trinket proc with meta) I can climb up to 30k. Fights I am currently under preforming, or at least feels like would be ones such as Master Snowdrift/Tarahn zue where I am getting around 17-19k on normally.

As you said it depends on the fight, would changing up help me any here or would sticking with Supremacy be fine for now, in your opinion. Normally I wouldn't ask about things regarding normals, but from my understanding heroics don't change anything except damage/hp so I figured it worth while to ask, since I am also planning to take this advice when I get to start raiding.

Johanx,

From what little of playing with Demo I've done, bot​h Service and Supremacy shine in their own way. Service is great if something gives you increased damage like Bloodlust or Time warp. Supremacy is nice in the fact its fairly passive and one less cooldown you have to watch. Personally I would suggest using Supremacy as you level and when your soloing, and Service when you are in a group, especially if there is something that will cause you to deal increased damage for a limited period of time. I would keep in mind that some encounters you might profit from your demons abilities being stronger, Like instead of Devour Magic with your Fel Hunter, you'd have Clone Magic from your Observer. So in a long winded way I'm saying neither is truly better than the other, both talents have their ups and downs. The key is knowing what encounter calls for what talents. I personally always keep a stack of Tome of the Clear Mind so I can change out talents and glyphs as needed.

If Zagam says anything that counters what I said above, I'd take his advice before mine. Personally I've learn a lot about warlocks reading Zagam's guides.

- Goblinn - Master of the G's

Johanx,

From what little of playing with Demo I've done, bot​h Service and Supremacy shine in their own way. Service is great if something gives you increased damage like Bloodlust or Time warp. Supremacy is nice in the fact its fairly passive and one less cooldown you have to watch. Personally I would suggest using Supremacy as you level and when your soloing, and Service when you are in a group, especially if there is something that will cause you to deal increased damage for a limited period of time. I would keep in mind that some encounters you might profit from your demons abilities being stronger, Like instead of Devour Magic with your Fel Hunter, you'd have Clone Magic from your Observer. So in a long winded way I'm saying neither is truly better than the other, both talents have their ups and downs. The key is knowing what encounter calls for what talents. I personally always keep a stack of Tome of the Clear Mind so I can change out talents and glyphs as needed.

If Zagam says anything that counters what I said above, I'd take his advice before mine. Personally I've learn a lot about warlocks reading Zagam's guides.

- Goblinn - Master of the G's

Hey Goblinn thanks for the advice :) What I've taken away from this is a safe strat (For me anyway) would be to use Supremacy as you said while soloing/leveling but perhaps also into encounters I'm unfamiliar with. I figure worse case scenario I'll do a little less dps due to a missed burn phase or window of power provided by a buff that Service would've granted vs wasting service or holding onto it to long to start with, then switching to service on the fights it would work out for and I know then when/where if you will. Thoughts?

The real point here is not to worry about your DPS while you're leveling. You're not properly enchanted, itemized, gemmed, and reforged. Just take the path of least resistance to 90 and then focus on your DPS rotation while doing LFR and 5 man Heroics. While leveling, Supremacy would take precedence, because your Wrathguard is awesome sauce.