FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Halvy

Should I be using BoS

Hey I'm an unholy dk raiding 8/10 heroic and I was wondering if it is worth it to use BoS for single target fights like ore, gruel and backhand before mythic raiding or if I should just stay wit necrotic plague?

Your opener seems weird. You should use BoS once you have 70+ RP and you have at least 3 runes recharged. Also use ERW once you are out of all other options (like Plague Leech and Blood Charges). For example, instead of your opener, try to do this one:

• Scourge Strike
  • Festering Strike
  • Scourge Strike
  • Festering Strike
  • wait for x seconds so that you have 3 runes recharged
  • Breath of Sindragosa
  • spend those 3 runes, by this time you'll have the rest available. If not, use Plague Leech.
  • At this point, if you are below 50 RP, use Festering strike. 
  • Once you are out of runes and if you are ~40 RP, use ERW. And so on and so on. 

Try to cast Dark Transformation as soon as you can spare a GCD. Delaying it a bit is fine, but delaying it for too long is not recommended. You have the BoS rotation explained by Skullflower at : http://summonstone.com

one thing also that helps is using AMS to soak. Currently in blackrock the big single target fight to do this are Gruul (soak inferno slice) and oregorger (soak the little exploding missle thing he shoots into the melee). This generates additional RP.

BOS is the superior single target talent but it is really hard to use (for me at least :( )