FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Weistraux

Demonology trinket question

From everything that I have read and Sims that I have done and seen there is only a very small difference between the 3 (well 2 in this case) trinkets and hence item level always seems to win out. 

• Like 1

Your choice depends on your second trinket.

With DB you'd want both performance trinkets (BMC and GSR) to be around.

With DemServ playstyle you got to have a feeling whether your Haste amount is enough to fuel you with Fury and MC stacks. If you decide to use DUT, there is a thing about BMC and GSR. First is stronger in passive int and bigger on high stacks but the latter is just more convenient to use.

Cata is similar to DemServ in terms of play but in most of fights where you use Cata you have a ton of Fury/MC(Think IM, Furnace, Thogar, Darmac.). More performance procs + more stuffs to dump = profit. Also note that it's a bigger chance for Cata direct to punch a ton and CW is instant which can be cast on high stacks BMC For The Win.

TL;DR DB - BMC+GSR
DemServ - See if you can do without DUT and 2nd pick is what you can play with
Cata - BMC+GSR
And of course BMC with higher lvl > GSR
Sticky that tldrwink.png

• Like 1

Ty for the answers! 

Paracel, this is really what I was looking for. I'll try DUT with DemServ and I'll keep the BMC to the AoE/Cleave fights. Thanks again for the help, peace! smile.png

I'm not a big fan of a haste proc either at the moment but +49 extra intellect from DuT makes it a lot more appealing to me... With Cata more haste=more fury=more possible CWs and still fury left over for lots of meta SF dumps (though indeed now less to dump on). Perhaps it's a playstyle thing though perhaps depending if you HoG or CW more.

Just out of interest have you simmed Weistraux? For a whole number of different fight styles and target numbers. Was there any pattern?   

Guess we need more people to weigh in. 

With Cata more haste=more fury=more possible CWs

Bad logic attempt.

CWs are about their charges, not your fury. Yeah, Haste proc buffs Corrupts meaning 4pc proc train inbound, sounds like fun, but it's not really the stuff you'd want over CW/Cata crits. DUT buff is not around when it's needed either.

Ah I meant more that if you have fury you can CW. If you don't have the fury spare then you cannot or have to HoG so no my logic is not bad as such.

We are talking DuT/BMC though which a haste-multistrike argument rather than crit. 

Edited by spikeysquad

In fights where you are unloading Chaos Waves at frequent intervals you are often swimming in Fury anyway. Think of Darmac, or even Iron Maidens. 

In these situations you really want another performance trinket to maximise your burst AoE potential. Whilst the theory of DuT is nice when you apply your scenarios to real encounter situations they don't really hold water. Unless you are planning your Fury poorly which is simply an oversight on an individual basis.

For me on Iron Maidens yeah I have a lot of fury but I actually have a lot more MC procs and hence my thinking was if I had more haste then I could have more meta rather than caster SF dumps. However, if that doesn't actually work that's fair enough. I possibly over use HoG still in multi-target fights and hence tend to be swimming in MC procs perhaps more than others. 

So the conclusion seems to be Heroic BMC>Mythic DuT except for perhaps with Dem Serv? Dem Serv being Ore, Gruul, BH, Kromog, Beast, Hans or are we talking true ST only so namely the first 2-4? Or is it all down to haste/fury levels? 

Oh I wasn't aware of the ilvl difference. I'd stick DuT unless a fight is heavy AoE where you are investing all your efforts into Cata and CW spam.

Yeah we're talking mythic Vs Heroic or I never would have thought that DuT is better than BMC! 

I'm never going to get BMC mythic (unless I get seriously lucky in a cache) but Beast should be killable every week now hence wondering what to do. From what I have read I had always assumed that item level wins out but yeah it does make sense at least for "padding" fights that BMC is better. Personally I really like my currents set up with having 2 trinkets to dump on.