UnknownHarry

Only 50k dps in raid

7 posts in this topic

Hello every one,

if i'm in a raid i only do 50k dps max as a fire mage.

so my question is what do i do rong because i see other mage's (arcane, fire or frost) get way better dps.

My talents:

Presence of Mind

Ice Barrier

Ring of Frost

Greater Invisibility

Living Bomb

Invocation

My glyphs:

fire blast

combustion

Evocation

Mirror image

See gear and other information.

http://eu.battle.net...cision/advanced

Plz can some tell me wehat i do rong?

Do you have any logs on world of logs that we could see? It would really help to see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong.

If WoW Heroes is correct then I assume you're talking about LFR.

First thing to do would be to pay a visit to Mr Robot and hit the optimise button.

As for competing against other mages, is their gear comparable to yours? Are they flasking/eating food? Not that it's needed in LFR but would help their dps to be higher if you are not doing the same.

That said, at your gear level you should be doing more than 50k on most of the fights in Mogu'shan Vaults. Pre-casting is important, i.e. start casting that next fireball before the current one has completed, make full use of Heating up (ensuring you have Living Bomb up), Pyro! procs and don't forget about Alter time. If you're moving about a lot then maybe drop Presence of Mind for Scorch so you can always be casting.

Edited by Aastarius
  • Like 1

As a fire mage, you should be speccing into crit rating straight after you've reached the hit cap. I see that you're .58% over the hit rating cap, which is a bit much. Download reforgelite, or use Mr Robot as stated above, and ensure that you're as little over the cap as possible.

While many will state otherwise, I personally find invocation to be a burden, and I find Rune of Power/Incanter's Ward very useful for certain fights (eg Rune of Power on Feng, as not much mobility is needed, and Incanter's Ward on Stoneguard, as damage is rather predictable on the fight). Invocation can make mana management a pain for novice users. As stated above, you should be interchanging your talents for specific fights, as this can mean a lot.

Ensure that you're constantly on top of your rotation, pre-casting spells, and ensuring that you don't miss out on a global cooldown. A world of logs will be very helpful to see what you're doing here, as >50k is standard on most raid encounters at the moment. :)

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orb
      <Banana Hammock> is a social AOTC raiding & M+ guild for late night weekend bananas.
      Hours: 11pm-2am (Pacific) Saturday & Sunday    
      Progression: 8/8 N 8/8 H (AOTC)
      Guild Information: Banana Hammock was an old guild on Hyjal that we restored for BFA. Our goals are to reach AOTC. We are looking for skilled players, but we're also looking for people with a great sense of humor as well! We can't promise Cutting Edge, but we want people who love to raid and have a good time doing it. Come be another banana in our hammock 🙂
      Looking for:  
      Ranged DPS 1 Healer If interested in raiding or hanging out with us just message
      B.net:  Nox#1474, Anubismerc#1882, Radjehuty#1804
      Discord: nox#2686

• By Friedbones
      I came to Icy Veins to setup my Elemental Shaman only to find your Talent setup does not match what is offered in the game presently.  Below I have listed what I see in my current in-game talent setup and bolded those items that do not match your setup at all.
      Current in-game Talents listed:                                                   Your Listing:                      
      15 Exposed Elements Echo of the Elements Elemental Blast               Earthen Rage 30 Aftershock Master of Elements Totem Mastery       Call the Thunder 45 Spirit Wolf Earth Shield Static Charge         60 High Voltage Storm Elemental Liquid Magma Totem       Master of the Elements 75 Nature's Guardian Ancestral Guidance Wind Rush Totem         90 Earthen Rage Primal Elementalist Icefury       Surge of Power 100 Unlimited Power Stormkeeper Ascendance         I thought someone here should know about these differences because it appears there has been no update recently to your setup.   I know that I personally would appreciate an update so that I can adjust my in-game setup to work better.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Odd Mage guide.
    • By FoxShine
      To apply: https://goo.gl/forms/YbKQRIcEyXt0XAaC2
      Hello!! This is Starby from Velocity on Sargeras[A]. We're an established guild, that does mythic raiding in the morning/daytime. We're looking to enhance our roster with skilled and reliable players. If you're a mythic raider looking for a fresh start with BFA, and are interested in morning/daytime raiding -- check out Velocity!
      The goal of Velocity is to take down mythic bosses and have fun in the process. We’re searching for like-minded players who are interested in playing at a high level in a laid-back environment. If you can joke around, then focus up when you need to; this is the guild for you. 
      Our main roster is composed of veteran players. Some of us have been playing together for a little over a year. We have a solid core for our dream team – we’re simply looking for a few more to round us out! 
        [A] <Velocity> 6/8M 8/8H

Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs 
        Recruitment Needs
      Ranged  – Warlock, Mage
      Melee – Windy Monk, Rogue 
      **** Offspecs are a huge plus!!

Requirements
      Some Mythic raiding experienced. Being relatively active outside of raid is preferred. Able to focus while joking around, and vica versa.

Attendance
      We're dedicated and ambitious players, so commitment to our raid times is necessary. We’re interested in consistent players who are realistic about their day-to-day schedule. Raiders have to communicate in the event of tardiness or absences. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask for is a heads up!

Trial Period
      Demonstrate teamwork, attendance and play over  6 consecutive "raid days" (two weeks), after an agreed upon start date. 

What you can Expect from us:
      Dedicated leadership, communication, well defined goals, and a sense of community. Apart from raiding we also run M+ with each other every week.  

What we expect from you:
      Players who can survive and react to mechanics, while putting up big numbers. Many players struggle to do one, we are looking for both. Apart from this, just be a friendly. It might also be a good idea to bring a sense of humor. 
      If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Go ahead and apply online, leave a reply here and/or send us a tell on BNET/Discord. You could also go old school and send in-game mail to Starby-Sargeras or Foxshine-Sargeras! 
      To apply: https://goo.gl/forms/YbKQRIcEyXt0XAaC2
      Thanks for checking us out and we hope to see you in gchat soon. 😃

BNET
      Fox#1713 (GM)
      Peach#1423 
      Ezmaya#1410 
      Mindclash#1800

Discord
      Fox#7009
      Starby#8682
    • By Narii625
      SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am/2am* Server Time (CT)
      CURRENT PROGRESSION: 1/8M 8/8H
      iLVL REQUIREMENT: 365+

CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Tank Healer Need Holy Paladin All DPS Pref Mage/Shaman for BL ABOUT US
      Currently looking for skilled semi-hardcore raiders for Mythic Uldir and the next raid tier.
      Booty Pirates is a semi-hardcore, close-knit late night guild that hangs out in Discord frequently. We enjoy joking around, playing alts, doing Mythic+, playing other games, or just hanging out. 
      Players wanting just Mythic+ and a casual experience (no raiding) are welcomed!
      Fun guild events are scheduled often!
      TLDR; we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. 
      (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
                *Raid can be extended to 4 hours on Fridays, but will be announced ahead of time.
      JOINING THE BOOTY PIRATES CREW
      Please follow the link below to fill out our app. (For both Raiders and Mythic+/Casual.)
      Start the app here! 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299
      In-Game Name: Pluu