FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Blodhgarm

Grimoire of Sacrifice for Demonology?

Hey guys.

So I've been reading and I see that alot of locks out there take Grimoire of Service, and the people that don't take Grimoire of Supremacy instead.

I understand Service- You get to summon a second minion for 20 sec that fights for you. Pretty beast

And Supremacy- You get a new demon, along with upgraded versions of your original arsenal of demons that deal 20% more damage. Liking the sound of that.

But what about Sacrifice??? I've never read anywhere about a demo expert using Sacrifice. Why??

You sacrifice your summoned demon and your single target damage abilities are 50% more powerful!

And you also regenerate 2% of your maximum health every 5sec; aside from the low heals, that sounds awfully OP, especially once you pop meta.

So I'm asking the lock community at large, why are there little to no takers for this talent?

I see some serious appeal for walking into a battleground with my felguard, stun a player with my minions Ax Toss, sac my minion, and then just utterly destroy him in my new OP state.

If I could get some feedback I'd appreciate it. Ty

Edited by Blodhgarm

As Demonology, your DPS is built around your pets. Your Wrathguard's melee damage is quite high. His Wrathstorm is really high. Sacrificing this to gain strength of some single target spells destroys what Demonology is all about. If you want to Sacrifice your pet, play Destruction or Affliction.

I will take your word for it;I haven't played a lock in so long, and I guess what caught my eye is the 50% increase in single target spells. It sounds really OP and I was curious.

It's 50% for Affliction, but only 30% for Demonology. Demonology's Mastery bonus in part increases the damage done by your demon, so if you go with Sacrifice you are losing out on that portion of the benefit.

Edited by Stunlocked