FORUMS
Lockdupagain

Demo Lock Stat Priority (and some basic reforging)

Lockdupagain... Again! I am going to go over stat priority as it seems the world continues to go on un-apocalypsed. This is very straight forward, and I have not noticed any deviation within the lock community at large. Most of you already know this stuff, but in case you do not I hope this helps.

Stat Priority

Spell Hit to 6%- Hit is always the most important stat, its only to 6% so a couple reforges and you should be capped at the lower gear tiers.

PVP Power- This is very important, and my main argument against using PVE gear in PVP. This stat makes you hit players harder. Which is obviously useful in PVP lol! I do not have the numbers anymore, but there was a large margin of DPS when it came to stacking PVP power. I maintain well over 13k, which is about 50%.

Intellect- Int is a locks main stat, always stack this if at all possible. it raises your crit, and your Spell power.

PVP Resilience- This acts as a dmg reducer. This is below int and PVP power, due to the fact that it DRs, and I am of the opinion that anything over 60% is a waste (around 7k). I do not gem for Resil when I can gem for PVP power.

Mastery- This is by far our most important secondary stat. I have heard rumblings that crit is better, but its not. Our demon does more dmg (Combine this with Glyph of Demon Training), and so do we in both caster form and Demon form. I have spoken before about consistency, and this is the case here. Anytime you can raise your base dmg, do it. Crit is largely RNG imo and I am not a fan.

Crit Chance- This raises the chance that one of your hits can hit for critical dmg (200%). Crit is ok, but only take away from haste to get it.

Reforging

This will be brief, but there are a couple tips worth mentioning about reforging as a lock.

Hit and expertise- If you are hurting on hit, and you have reforged and done what you can, consider reforging a secondary stat to expertise on a piece of gear that already has hit. This way you can gain more "Spell Hit".

Haste- If the gear has Mastery and Haste reforge Haste to Crit.

As usual any questions feel free to ask, or send me a msg. I hope to have some vids up in the next month or so (Depending on the VA, I am a poor college student now haha) Hopefully I have FRAPs after Christmas. Thank you all, and Merry Christmas, and Happy Chanukah!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shenocide
      Impressive...
    • By Babblet
      About us:
      Looking for a new raiding home? <Concordant> on Turalyon is recruiting! We are a progression oriented guild consisting of working adults (18+). We work to conquer as much raid content as possible during our set schedule, as well as Mythic 10+ keys every week. We are a long-running guild that values high attendance, positive raiding attitude, personal effort, and a friendly, team focused raid environment.
      Raid Times: Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 - 11:30 PM EST
      Progression: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/turalyon/Concordant
      Recruitment Needs:
      Hunter Fire Mage Rogue Shadow Priest Warlock  
      We also consider other classes!

Contact on Battle.net or Discord only, do not respond or send PMs on Icy-Veins.
    • By Papawoot
      HIVEMIND
      [H-NA]  Stalagg
      Who we are:
                      We are a group of people who in each of our communities, have been gaming together for over a decade each.  We know what it means to be family, we know what it means to be there for each other.  Nothing says community like being able to log on to our voice server after a long hard day and be able to unwind in a hassle-free environment.  Our leadership is more than willing to help any individual who need tips or just an ear to listen.  Come join us, and you'll find out just what we are for yourself.
      Our Goal as a Guild:
                        Our goal is simple, to be one of the best guilds in Classic.  We are not talking race to WF, but to be the best guild to just be a part of.   A helpful place to level with others, grind out a few dungeons, or to tear it up in BGs, once they go live.  We will never define ourselves as "hardcore".  We are an adult community with families and jobs.  We expect any applicants to be at least 18+ and be able to speak English.
      Recruitment:
                        We are recruiting all classes and roles.  Being that classic has 40m endgame content, we will need a large roster to fill out that group.  Even going into PvP as well as PvE content as it is released, you'll need plenty of people to fill in for absent members.
                        Loot system is a modified Suicide Kings priority.
                        Guild Raids will begin in the next week or two and will be Tues/Weds 12a-2am EST (optional third day as well)
      How to join:
      https://discord.gg/rkfNUGS
      Officer Discord Contacts:
      Rav#4346 - Guild Lead
      papawoot#6518 - Raid Lead
    • By Unholyraven
      **Guild: <Nevermore> [Horde][US][PvP][Semi-Hardcore/PvP][Loot Council]**
      **Raid Times:** Tues, Weds 9pm - 12am ET
      **Goals:** Rekindle our romance with Vanilla by forming a close knit, active family of gamers. We will be focusing on raiding content as it's released, clearing content in a respectable manner, being one of the top guilds on our server. Beyond raiding we will be doing plenty of World PvP and pre-made BGs; if it's red, it's dead! We will choose a high-pop NON-STREAMER server.
      **Sup?:** We have **vast experience in Vanilla raiding or obtained Rank 12+ in PvP**. We also have members that are just looking for an active and friendly community to call home and that's what we offer. **We are very active, chatting throughout the day and night, playing on beta or private servers, honing out our skills and learning to play with one another while we wait for launch.** We are a large family, just like Vanilla, where everyone works together for the common good, and everyone knows everyone. We're playing on Nighthaven while we await Classic's launch. Come play with us on NH and in Classic!
      **Needs:** We're looking for additional experienced Vanilla raiders. That said, if you aren't familiar, but you're willing to read, listen, learn, or just want to come and have fun with us, we still want you.
      Druid (Resto): Medium
      Hunter: Low
      Mage: High
      Priest (Holy): Medium
      Rogue: Low
      Shaman (Resto): Low
      Warlock: High
      Warrior (DPS): Low
      Warrior (Tank): Close
      **About Nevermore:** We are a large org with ~ 2,000 members in our Discord. We play various games, some more competitively than others. We've been around for roughly a year as an org. We also operate as a gaming league, hosting competitive seasonal game play and tournament play with cash prizes and sponsors for CSGO, Apex, and Overwatch. 
      **Apply:** http://www.nevermorenation.com/wowapp
      **Discord:** https://discord.gg/5rh2Muq