Lockdupagain

Demo Lock Stat Priority (and some basic reforging)

1 post in this topic

Lockdupagain... Again! I am going to go over stat priority as it seems the world continues to go on un-apocalypsed. This is very straight forward, and I have not noticed any deviation within the lock community at large. Most of you already know this stuff, but in case you do not I hope this helps.

Stat Priority

Spell Hit to 6%- Hit is always the most important stat, its only to 6% so a couple reforges and you should be capped at the lower gear tiers.

PVP Power- This is very important, and my main argument against using PVE gear in PVP. This stat makes you hit players harder. Which is obviously useful in PVP lol! I do not have the numbers anymore, but there was a large margin of DPS when it came to stacking PVP power. I maintain well over 13k, which is about 50%.

Intellect- Int is a locks main stat, always stack this if at all possible. it raises your crit, and your Spell power.

PVP Resilience- This acts as a dmg reducer. This is below int and PVP power, due to the fact that it DRs, and I am of the opinion that anything over 60% is a waste (around 7k). I do not gem for Resil when I can gem for PVP power.

Mastery- This is by far our most important secondary stat. I have heard rumblings that crit is better, but its not. Our demon does more dmg (Combine this with Glyph of Demon Training), and so do we in both caster form and Demon form. I have spoken before about consistency, and this is the case here. Anytime you can raise your base dmg, do it. Crit is largely RNG imo and I am not a fan.

Crit Chance- This raises the chance that one of your hits can hit for critical dmg (200%). Crit is ok, but only take away from haste to get it.

Reforging

This will be brief, but there are a couple tips worth mentioning about reforging as a lock.

Hit and expertise- If you are hurting on hit, and you have reforged and done what you can, consider reforging a secondary stat to expertise on a piece of gear that already has hit. This way you can gain more "Spell Hit".

Haste- If the gear has Mastery and Haste reforge Haste to Crit.

As usual any questions feel free to ask, or send me a msg. I hope to have some vids up in the next month or so (Depending on the VA, I am a poor college student now haha) Hopefully I have FRAPs after Christmas. Thank you all, and Merry Christmas, and Happy Chanukah!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sojnekah
      Hey there, looking for some common mistakes I might be making in my gear or dps rotation that I am just not seeing. You'd think it would be pretty basic but my dps has been all over the place recently. 

I will be fighting kiljaeden (pretty standard) and have anywhere from 650-850dps average for the fight. It's gotten me kicked a couple times obviously despite being good on mechanics. I've reviewed several guides, made sure I am enchanted and gemmed... cannot figure it out. What am I doing wrong? (Yes low on meters for other fights as well though not always). 

924 iLevel, wearing legendary belt and chest (dont have tier to wear shoulders and chest)

67% Mastery (issue?) 
      24% Critical Strike
      29% Haste

Opener: Blood Fury, Tome (trinket), Crow, Bestial Wrath, Dire Frenzy, KC, AspectotW, Titan's Thunder, CS, KC, DF...

Repeat KC, CS, And cast DF whenever buff falls off or procs bonus. 

Talent Build is:
      Cobra
      Frenzy
      Posthaste
      Bestial
      Int
      Crow
      Killer Cobra

Helps, tips, advice welcome. 

Are there common mistakes to rotation i might be making even if u dont see it here? Should i be working hard to gear swap? I am at a loss and it is getting frustrating. Thanks
    • By Dredd
      <Return With Honor> PvP/PvE[9/9] looking to recruit new members. For guild information such as raid times and guild activities or to simply apply please visit at returnwithhonor.shivtr.com

Who Are We?
      Established in Tichondrius during WoD expansion, Return With Honor is a guild lead by military veterans who are also veteran players of World of Warcraft. We offer great conversations, crude humor, active guild environment, and a home for individuals looking to be apart of a tight nit group. We also have a guild point system used by our members to earn great prizes from the WoW Shop, BOE items(xmog gear, pets, mounts, etc) and game time. These points can be earned by staying active on our guild website, volunteering to assist the guild, and being involved in any guild groups. 

RAID SCHEDULE Alternating raid weeks Tues, Friday, Sunday and Wed, Thu, Mon: 1800-2000 EST. We expect everyone to be prepared and ready to go 15 minutes before raid time (1745 EST) to start pulls at 1800 EST. We get Saturdays off every week.
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/emerald-dream/Return+With+Honor

RATED BATTLEGROUNDS The RBG schedule varies on a week by week basis. Multiple groups will be formed to accommodate mostly everyone.
      Guild Events Guild Events are held every week with prizes for members to earn like high ilvl BOE gear, gold, pets, and mounts.

If interested please contact Hoodxd or myself(Dreddmourne) by in-game message or mail Contact me at #ActionJack11202
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Destruction Warlock PvP guide for Legion.
    • By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding and for us to be able to do that we need some more people to fill the gaps. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. But we are also interested in any dps class with a good healing offspec. Even though your class isn't listed below, don't be afraid of getting in contact with us.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - Open
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)