Lockdupagain

Demo Lock Stat Priority (and some basic reforging)

1 post in this topic

Lockdupagain... Again! I am going to go over stat priority as it seems the world continues to go on un-apocalypsed. This is very straight forward, and I have not noticed any deviation within the lock community at large. Most of you already know this stuff, but in case you do not I hope this helps.

Stat Priority

Spell Hit to 6%- Hit is always the most important stat, its only to 6% so a couple reforges and you should be capped at the lower gear tiers.

PVP Power- This is very important, and my main argument against using PVE gear in PVP. This stat makes you hit players harder. Which is obviously useful in PVP lol! I do not have the numbers anymore, but there was a large margin of DPS when it came to stacking PVP power. I maintain well over 13k, which is about 50%.

Intellect- Int is a locks main stat, always stack this if at all possible. it raises your crit, and your Spell power.

PVP Resilience- This acts as a dmg reducer. This is below int and PVP power, due to the fact that it DRs, and I am of the opinion that anything over 60% is a waste (around 7k). I do not gem for Resil when I can gem for PVP power.

Mastery- This is by far our most important secondary stat. I have heard rumblings that crit is better, but its not. Our demon does more dmg (Combine this with Glyph of Demon Training), and so do we in both caster form and Demon form. I have spoken before about consistency, and this is the case here. Anytime you can raise your base dmg, do it. Crit is largely RNG imo and I am not a fan.

Crit Chance- This raises the chance that one of your hits can hit for critical dmg (200%). Crit is ok, but only take away from haste to get it.

Reforging

This will be brief, but there are a couple tips worth mentioning about reforging as a lock.

Hit and expertise- If you are hurting on hit, and you have reforged and done what you can, consider reforging a secondary stat to expertise on a piece of gear that already has hit. This way you can gain more "Spell Hit".

Haste- If the gear has Mastery and Haste reforge Haste to Crit.

As usual any questions feel free to ask, or send me a msg. I hope to have some vids up in the next month or so (Depending on the VA, I am a poor college student now haha) Hopefully I have FRAPs after Christmas. Thank you all, and Merry Christmas, and Happy Chanukah!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Illidan - Horde - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      About Us:
      <Currently Online> Founded 2014 by a core group that has been playing World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Currently Online has since evolved to far more than a guild; we are a full scale gaming community with our roots in World of Warcraft. 
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      What We Offer: 
      The largest and most active World of Warcraft community in the world, with over 9,000 members across 9 guilds (6 Alliance, 3 Horde), we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...
      Raiding: 
      9/9 H ToS Progression 2 Raid Teams - ranging from Casual to Mythic Progression See the teams and their needs on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/raiding
      PvP:
      1 RBG Teams Countless members always looking for BGs and arenas! Learn more about our PvP offerings on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/rbgs
      For Socials:
      Always active guild chat - 3 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall. In-game activities and competitions: XMog Contests, PvP Events, Mythic+ Spams, Achievement Runs, Alt Raids, Yolo BGs, and more! Bi-Weekly In-Game Lottery! New Member Orientations! Come make some new friends! Room for advancement as an officer. Out of WoW:
      Private Gaming Servers such as Minecraft & 7DaysToDie Destiny 2 Clan Steam Group FFXIV Company Rust Clan Always active Discord w/ thousands of users Drinking Nights Monthly Giveaways _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      To Join:
      If you find yourself on Illidan Horde, simply "/who Currently Online" and ask for an invite! If you're not on one of our realms yet, let us know on our website and we'll keep your seat warm!
      http://currentlyonline.gg/join 
      Contact Us: 
      You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.
      Add one of the following officers to your Btag:
      Coldcrow#1329
      Joberty#7753
      OR
      Email us at:
      Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg
      Swampage@currentlyonline.gg
      We hope to see everyone in game!

• By Caldyrvan
      A few days ago I posted a cheap priest deck. I have no idea how many actually have been interested in it but maybe we had some none registered visitors who knows. So here another deck. Again inspired by Chump but I had a similar deck before. Compared to Chumps' version I replaced 2x Twilight Summoner with 2x Spawn of N'Zoth (beause Epics are not budget :D) and I didn't want to craft Forbidden Ritual myself so I've put in 2 commons instread, Mortal Coil and Zealous Initiate.
      It's technically a Zoo but it plays differently which is a nice change to the "we know it all" stuff :)
      Total Arcane Dust Cost: 1500
      2x Flame Imp 1x Mortal Coil 2x Possessed Villager 2x Sanguine Reveler 2x Voidwalker 1x Zealous Initiate 2x Dire Wolf Alpha 2x Volatile Elemental 2x Darkshire Councilman 2x Devilsaur Egg 2x Spawn of N'Zoth 2x Unwilling Sacrifice 1x Void Terror 2x Ravenous Pterrordax 1x Cobalt Scalebane 2x Despicable Dreadlord 2x Bonemare Deck Code: AAECAf0GBMQIxQmNrQLKywINMNkHwgi0rAL2rgKNrwLnwQKrwgK0xAKXywL3zQKmzgKJ4gIA
      Guide:
      This deck is basically a Zoo, you can find a well written guide here, but maybe somewhat slower and less reliable due to the fact that you need to combo with your deathrattle cards but the value you get out of them should make up for it. As with any Zoo deck you want to put early pressure on your opponent and establish board control with cheap minions and playing on curve.
      In your starting hand you want to see a couple of 1 mana minions and a 2 (and/or maybe a 3 mana cost) mana cost to put something on the board and plan for your next turns. Flame Imp is always a good choice as well as Sanguine Reveler and a 1, 2 or maybe a 3 mana deathrattle minion to combo with. Against more aggressive decks a Voidwalker could be a good choice as well, against slower decks you might consider to keep a Devilsaur Egg. To be able to play a Darkshire Councilman on turn 3 is great too.
      You have good tools to maintain board control (besides the minions you already have) like Volatile Elemental which has great synergy with your cannibal cards like Ravenous Pterrordax. Unwilling Sacrifice is a bit like Deadly Shot and needs accurate play to be not a waste but the potential value you can get out of it is great. And later in the game Despicable Dreadlord helps a lot to maintain board control.
      Have fun :)
      -> Budged Aggro Priest Deck
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By warsongministries
      The clock is ticking ladies and gentlemen.  In these dark hours we are fighting off Armageddon on a dozen fronts. It is easy to be weary and it is easy to forget purpose.
      My name is Reverend John Hagee and I am the seventh son of the seventh son. 
      I have come to bring you a holy message engraved upon my very soul by the light. Evil exists; it is has been recorded in the books of history. Written in the blood of our families who have died fighting the unholy horde. We cannot hide from this evil, it has shaped us.  It has become part of who we are.  My grandfather fell fighting at the dark portal in the first war and my father fell fighting the undead in Stratholme. My family has served the light with a fiery faith for generations.  And I know one day the light will see fit to call me home from the field of battle and so shall my sons take up the holy banners of the alliance and meet the cowardly horde on the fields of battle. 
      Arthas tried to consume our world with his undead masses.  Deathwing shattered the very grounds of Azeroth.  The Iron Horde tried to accomplish when the Azerothian horde have always been too weak to do, annihilate us all. We are living in age of enemies. There is the savage inhuman orc that drank of the demon’s blood before invading and slaughtering our kin.  The forsaken whose souls are so twisted they no longer feel the light, who are led by the banshee queen who soul is owed to the old god Yogg Saron. The once great tauren, an old race that is supposed to guardian nature yet allies itself with corruptions of nature!  The trolls who so readily excepted the horde..who have been the enemies of humans and elves alike for more than an age. We are living in age of enemies. Surrounded and attacked on all sides.
      I have served the light all my long and weary life.  I have come to the conclusion that while we idolize its ideals we have missed its personification that dwells amongst us.  Surely, the night elf goddess Elune is the very manifestation of the light we worship.  Elune is herself is a goddess of the light, shining on us and guiding us in the dark hours.  How many times has her power been manifest when we need it the most? How many wounds mended by the night elf sisters that serve Elune?  Is it not she who cleansed the soul of the fallen dragon aspect Ysera?  The dreamer who had been our ally for countless fights fallen by the legion but cleansed by the might of Elune!
      If we accept Elune as the lights will incarnate, then you must accept that the Night Elves have a sacred place within our faith. We must provide support to this conflict for they are Elune’s chosen people.  What we do for them, we do for ourselves. They are a race brought into existence by Elune, blessed by Elune.
      In Ashenvale the horde rears its head, destroying the sacred forests of Night Elves.  It is an ever-growing struggle between our allies, the forces of good and the horde, the corrupting darkness that consumes our world.  In the bellies of Warsong Gultch the great evil of our time struggles against our persecuted brethren, the Silverwing Sentinels.  If there is one thing I can make clear it is that Elune has chosen the Night Elves as her people and we have chosen ourselves to be there allies. To the savage horde know this, we shall meet you on the fields of battle and you shall know the power of a mighty god.  We will be the tool that smites you and washes your stain from this land.  We shall condemn you to the ravaging maw of the twisting nether. I call all those who serve the light to answer the needy call of the Night Elves. Alliance, I call on you.

For the advocates of peace remember this, to see evil and call it anything other than evil, is to be evil.

Okay, probably bad rp attempt aside, <warsong ministries> is looking to build some twink teams.  I ran a 19 guild called <I found the flag honest> prior to the separation of the brackets and only recently discovered twinking was viable again.  I personally run 19s, 60s, and am working on a 99.  I have a few other 60s and 19s in guild but would like to expand.  If you have a homeless twink or want to build one, please consider rolling on Khaz Modan or Azjol nerub and joining us.  Any bracket welcome as well as mains.  I will help you get set up in any bracket to the best of my ability. catch me in game under Johnhagee, historical, absolution, moonseed, or undying. or just add the battletag omega#1452

This Alliance will disintegrate if we do not come together and drive away the demons, whatever form they take.
    • By Tarnen
      According to Azortharion simulations, our best for Antorus will be Qapla/Soul+Dire Frenzy/OWTP , ¿what stats need this build? At this moment, we need Mastery/Haste for Dire Frenzy build and Critical/Haste for OWTP build: therefore, they are mutually exclusive, right?  Or at least I understand that.
      So, ¿what stats?