FORUMS
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Uther

3 hours ago, JohnBoyzear said:

I think that Holy ShockHoly Shock's discussion may be a little misleading.  I think the talent reduces the cool down, but the discussion says "at the cost of putting Holy LightHoly Light on a short Cooldown."  It may just be that this part of Uther's page hasn't been updated yet?

I don't see how it is misleading. It reduces the cooldown if the Holy LightHoly Light was used to deal damage, rather than to heal. This means that you put the ability on a short cooldown, having to wait half of the cooldown time, which is relatively short indeed. This slightly reduces your healpower, as you have to wait from time to time to heal. Is there anything you don't understand, or do you still deem it misleading?

22 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I don't see how it is misleading. It reduces the cooldown if the Holy LightHoly Light was used to deal damage, rather than to heal. This means that you put the ability on a short cooldown, having to wait half of the cooldown time, which is relatively short indeed. This slightly reduces your healpower, as you have to wait from time to time to heal. Is there anything you don't understand, or do you still deem it misleading?

"...at the cost of..." sounds negative.  "...on a short Cooldown..." sounds like there is not a cool down at all.

Not a big deal... The first read had me thinking that if I took that talent I would gain an offensive skill but add a cool down to the base ability (I understand that the base has a cool down).  So, it confused me.  

Either way, in the point maps that we have today, I think the talent Holy ShockHoly Shock is a bit more relevant than it used to be.  

4 hours ago, JohnBoyzear said:

"...at the cost of..." sounds negative.  "...on a short Cooldown..." sounds like there is not a cool down at all.

Well, it is indeed negative, as it prevents you from healing. I feel like short cooldown says that the cooldown is not long, and I would call 6 seconds a "short cooldown" myself. What would you propose?

4 hours ago, JohnBoyzear said:

Either way, in the point maps that we have today, I think the talent Holy ShockHoly Shock is a bit more relevant than it used to be.  

I agree. Holy ShockHoly Shock feels much more powerful than it used to simply because of how the meta evolves with all the new maps and heroes. 

18 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Benediction has a CD of 0 seconds on here, should be 60.  Otherwise that would be friggen most OP talent in the game for sure.

Thanks! I passed this onto Damien. Once he figures out why this happened, he will fix it.

I like the move speed boost with the stun. It lets Uther cover a team's escape, or just dive into the enemy to stun and run back out. Made even more possible with his heal/defense and his divine shield. It also lets you escape area abilities. I grab the second shield ability for teammates as well so that I can shield more often or save divine shield for myself. And damage is pretty fine for a healer. Other strong healing support don't do any better. I use the many ability on lvl 1. The other ones just drain me too fast even with constant hearthing and wells. With the mana steal ability Uther can sustain his role within team.

And hey, getting a 0 death game with him has to mean something, even if it is QM.

Been a little while for me.

Does surprisingly good damage if you take the Damage Heal. Lets you tank and damage more often. Matching assassins in damage some games while my tanking has gone way up to beat warriors more than half the time.

Much more aggressive finisher that matches or beats others in kills. Though if Lucio can do it, why not Uther. Enemies just can't get away from that range. Divination is still the best Heroic for me. Just use it more often to become a better tank.

Fun times. He may just get some game time over Aba once in a while now.

Guest Sunny

While being a healer, Uther is considered an off-tank. Thus you should go for a good self-sustain approach. That being said, Silver Touch is actually an incredibly good talent to go with Blessed Champion and Beacon of Light. Not only can you heal your ally with Holy Light, it also heals you 50% more, so doing front line jobs is a good-to-go kind of thing.  I almost forgot to mention, Blessed Champion is what makes his basic attack worthwhile after using Holy Light on an ally or enemy because you can practically heal 100+ with each basic attack to all nearby allied heroes. Plus, Redemption will totally turn enemy players crazy because killing a single Uther is already a tough cookie. 

P.S.: Armor of Faith is also viable. 

I also love this support, it's usually my go-to sup pick versus divers like Genji or Tracer.

I don't know why the Q build is not recommended in this guide, it's quite good. Some quick tips for this pala:

• For me Q build is the standard build, it gives you good saving range, poke damage and helps with the mana problems, you don't have to pick every Q talent of course, the Q talent at 1 and 4 give you the range and the poke, the rest is situational. At 7 pick the best for the match and at 13 only pick Blessed Champion if you can get close to the frontline, At 16 Bacon of light (intended) gives you a ton of self-sustain, but it is usually better to pick benediction for double Q or double E.
  • I like the W build for supporting aggressive warriors or assassings with good self sustain (like Varian, The Butcher or Cho), you try to chain your heals to maximice the 2,5 secs armor, and pick the W talent at 16 to give them higher self sustain on top of the armor. Add to this mix the D-shield and hand of protection to make them untouchable.
  • A variation of the W build is the armour stacking build, this is much more timming dependent and you have to give up some good talents but you can keep an ally with 50 armor for 5 secs every rotation. For this one you only need the W talent at 1, Benediction at 16 and Divine protection at 20.
  • The stun build (E) is good but it requires you to land AAs so it works better when they are coming to you (divers), when you are playing double support as an offtank or in maps where you can land AAs safely (like tomb, shrines or inmortals)
  • For maps or compositions where you can land AAs easily the full Q build may also be amazing because of the level 13 and 16 talents. After a Q heal you go to the inmortal/minions/guardian/JCena and AA for big heals to every hero around you, if you were below 50% life this heal would be big. Also if you are using the holy shock while below 50% life instead of healing allies the downtime of the big healing AAs would be only 1 sec (or even nonexistent if you picked the level 7 Q talent and eat a short stun). This requires some good mechanics to pull off because you should be taking some damage to be below 50% without getting jumped and killed and also making the best decision between heal you allies with the Q or keep the healing AAs with low CD.
  • Both ultis are good, only depends of the situation. If they are coming to you (divers) then the divine storm may pay off, if you are playing in a pickoff comp with Artanis or Styches then the storm is also good, if they have a ton of burst damage or lockdown then DS, if you have a very good diver (Genji with Dblade, Butcher, Grey...) then also DS.
  • Like 1

Guest Error in the text?

Is it just me or there seems to be some condratictions in the first build (Holy Radiance):

Be aware that Uther will never be great in those scenarios without the help of another Healer.

We recommend this Build when playing as solo Healer

13 hours ago, Guest Error in the text? said:

Is it just me or there seems to be some condratictions in the first build (Holy Radiance):

Be aware that Uther will never be great in those scenarios without the help of another Healer.

We recommend this Build when playing as solo Healer

In other words, no matter how you build Uther, he'll never provide a high amount of sustain healing, but he'll still work as solo Healer against burst compositions. I'll think about changing that part to avoid confusion.