FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Uspongbob

A fake media player

Do you guys encouter some pop-up web pages that recommed you to update or install a media player? Are these pages are believable? Today I opend the Chrome and a page "" popped up. I was informed that that a play should be installed onto PC so as to improve browser performance. I couldn't prove that whther the page is legitimate. But I found a page saying that the pop-up page is adware. What do you think of the pop-up page? Should I install the media player?

Definitely a fake, never believe in such advertisements.

• Like 1

Definitely a fake, never believe in such advertisements.

thanks for reminding me. It is necessary to be careful of any suspicious pages and pop-upsph34r.png

Yes be very careful. Trust me I have worked on computer for several years, and I cant tell you how many times spy/malware attacks have been caused by adds like these. There are various other "spoof" pop up ads, like one for Adobe Flash / shockwave updates. ONLY update thoes from the site itsself. Quickly ignore any popup adds that say "WARNING your (such and such) is out of date!" Evenif it says there is a security risk. I dont care if they say your computer will morph into a bomb, dont click them.  *edit* Dont forget about Avast! Free edition anti-virus. It should be almost all you need aside from Spyhunter and CCcleaner. The malware you can get from the popup adds and other fake "updates" can be pretty nasty to get rid of if you aren't familiar with them.

Edited by Pizzon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this