Rhysd007

New here, any advice on a Mage deck to better my current Level 15 deck.

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, first post so thanks in advance for replies!

My current deck maxes out at around Level 15, and today I've just purchased and competed Naxx. I have also done all but the last wing of Blackrock

Can any1 suggest a deck I can make with my current cards to maybe break level 10? The ones listed on here always seem to have 2/3 cards I don't have. btw I have no dust atm but could probably find 200 from somewhere!

I have:

* All Basic Mage Cards
* Legendaries: All Naxx + All Blackrock (excl. last one), Mukla, Malygos, Chromaggus, Majordomo.
* Only one of these potentially key cards:
              Sorceror's Apprentice,
              Snow Chugger,
              Goblin Blastmage.
* Missing spells:
              Cone of Cold
              Flamecannon
              Ice Lance
              Echo of Medivh
              Pyroblast
* Missing secrets:
              Counterspell
              Ice Block
              Spellbender

Not sure if that's enough to go on, but again, thanks for any help!

I think you can make tempo aggro mage, also called spell cancer. It's deck focused on gaining tempo in early turns thanks to cards like Mana Wyrm and Flamewaker and finishing things with burst damage. Basci skeleton of the deck is really cheap and it requires only few rares and Flamewaker from more expensive cards. Key engine looks generally like this:

2x Clockwork Gnome

2x Mana Wyrm

2x Arcane Missiles

2x Mirror Image 

2x Unstable Portal

2x Mad Scientist

2x Apprentice

2x Flamecannon

2x Frostbolt

2x Arcane Intellect

2x Mirror Entity

1x Counterspell

2x Flamewaker

2x Fireball

This is basis of the deck that strong enough to reach legend.

Another cheap mage is mech mage, but since you didn't mention how many of needed mechs you own, it's hard to tell you something.

• Like 1

I guess the Water Elementals wouldn't hurt and maybe one Flamestrike.

Edited by Horn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ase9900
      what will i lose if i Character Transfer to another realm ?
      is there som kinds of limets to amount of gold
      gear in bags and bank
    • By Lager159
      Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv#fight=6&type=damage-done

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv/6/15

• By WindowsSeven
      I'm not entirely sure what I am doing wrong that is getting me this result, but I am getting about a 30k dps difference on training dummy when I use a defile, clawing shadows, shadow infusion build than when I use the recommended talents. I left the rest of my talents unchanged and I have yet to see where the dps difference is coming from (arbiter or clawing shadows), but I'm very confused as to how this could happen. Links to armory and mrrobot below.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/wyrmrest-accord/goragi
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/f3a7a9c5f88e4d10b5cb45224684a073
      Defile damage breakdown, Arbiter damage breakdown
      I felt like I had a harder time keeping my disease up and using coldheart on cooldown (or rather whenever at max stacks) with the arbiter build. Am I missing some key thing or do I just need to git gud? Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By Hyrelia
      I have a question for Arcane mages that I couldn't find existing guides mention on any website. In dungeons, mana is not typically an issue as a healer because you can just drink/eat in between packs, I mained a healer up until now so that mindset is just ingrained in me. As Arcane Mage, would the same principle apply? Is it optimal to just forgo the conserve part of the rotation and just burn as much as you sustainably can with every  pack, since you can just eat conjured food in between packs, or should you still do conserve/burn phases similar to what you'd do in a raid?
      Thanks.
    • By k96
      hello, so i am following this deck - https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/elemental-mage-deck and i was wondering which card i should buy next and i dont have much dust left. I need the following cards
      Primordial Glyph x2
      Pyros x1
      Arcane Keysmith x2
      Blazecaller x2
      Frost Lich Jaina x1

I have 1945 dust left with the option to disenchant "Archmage Arugal" with a total of 2345, because i dont use it, nor do i know if its any good?

I can either go with x2 Primordial as the guide says this is needed for the deck + x2 Blazecaller for late and x1 Arcane Keysmith? but then  i wont have the pyros for early or Jaina for late.

Or i can go balls out buying x1 Frost lich jaina and x1 primordial glyph ? / Or just Pyros and x1 Primordial. I dont know.

My last scenario is buying Frost lich jaina and x1 primordial by selling some rare cards, then use "Archmage Arugal" instead of Pyros for the time being and combo it up with AI for 2 extra cards, and hope its something good.

any help is grately appreciated.