FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
CD82

whats best for me

so i am levling a lock and i enjoy it alot im using demon and distruction.

im level 85 and close to 86 im wondering for future useage whats best for me.

Staves or Daggers

and im fixen to run some dungeons the first two in panderia.

im guessing an imp is what i should use?

here is a look at my armory link below

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Misfitdemon/simple

It just comes down to whichever items have the best stats. When leveling I often swapped around between staff and MH/OH. Most of the time it seems like I use a staff until level-cap, then switch to MH/OH. it's easier to upgrade a staff while leveling since it's one item instead of two, but once you get to level cap MH/OH is usually better. Since you're a human, a sword will be nice because you'll have a 1% hit bonus. Again, it all depends on what you have in inventory.

If you're Demonology you'll want to use the Felguard/Wrathguard. Destruction....just go with whatever you want or is best for a fight. You probably won't need the succubus's CC in the pandaren dungeons. The felhunter's interrupt is can be nice in some cases, but so can the imp's cleanse.

Also, since you are human, aim for swords as they give you 1% hit. Not so important when levelling, but good to have at lvl 90 when you start raiding

thanks i just got to 90 i look forward to raiding with the lock.

i alraedy burn stuff down fast guess now its on to start gearing up

another question and it may be stupid but should i learn and max out cooking?

ive got a dk thats closed to max but hardly play him

Edited by CD82

Maxing out cooking isn't extremely difficult. With about 3-4 hours of preparation and farming, you can easily get 600 cooking. Cooking is a good asset to have on any character you plan on raiding with unless someone else is always preparing your feasts.

Maxing out cooking isn't extremely difficult. With about 3-4 hours of preparation and farming, you can easily get 600 cooking. Cooking is a good asset to have on any character you plan on raiding with unless someone else is always preparing your feasts.

and by feasts I hope you mean Mogu Fish Stews XD

One of the first things I did at 90 was grind out cooking. Pro-tip, spec Destro and mindlessly grind the turtles up north of the farm. Its not even funny how OP Destro is for grinding things right now. Turn in 20 of the turtle meat for ironpaw tokens. Once you grind your soul away and a month of doing a daily, you eventually get Nomi who will give you a free Ironpaw token every day along side some 300+ stat food.

Those Mogu Fish Stews are too bloody expensive to make. Not worth the extra 25 Intellect lol

Also for grinding those turtles, you may find that gathering them up and AoE nuking as Demonology puts the Destro method to shame in terms of efficiency. It's so efficient that you'll have to wait for these fast-respawning turtles to respawn.

Nomi is great except for every stupid time he/she tells me he/she is growing a beard. Or giving me one Great Pandaren Feast that has no use to my 10 man group.