FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

Resto Druid Challenge Mode Gold Videos

Here is a Youtube playlist of all the videos I made for our Gold Challenge mode runs

Our comp was

Prot Warrior

Resto Druid

DK, Rogue, Mage - DPS

I'm sorry I won't have a detailed guide as Zagam has made in the warlock forums, but maybe these videos give you some insight on what to do or if you enjoy watching this point of view.

The only video I am missing is Gate of the Setting Sun because it was our first one and I was more worried about not letting down my teammates while doing this (because at the time I didn't think I good enough to do all of them gold) then worrying about getting the recording to work properly/ not make me lag.

Since then I have a new computer set up and can more easily record things, but I'm not sure if we will go back and re-do these times or not.

Regardless, enjoy.

Some minor things to note, For pretty much every dungeon I defaulted these glyph:

inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Blooming - I chose this glyph because Challenge modes reminded me of when I PvP'd pre-MoP. Having this glyph made sense to me since it allowed me to more easily control its bloom on the tank taking burst damage on top of the extra healing the glyph provides from a bloom. Plus =, its much more beneficial to let it bloom while you are using heavy regrowth/healing touch on the tank to help top him off during heavy spikes

inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Stampeding Roar - I chose this glyph because I didn't find rebirth as useful since they come back at 70% HP, which was sufficient enough for me to heal back when I'm expecting it. With this glyph it gave me more "breathing room" to cast stampedeing roar without having to worry about the position of my teammates.

inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Regrowth - This glyph is a no brainer, especially with the lower gear levels we had at the start of the expac and with glyph of blooming. 100% crit to Regrowth for constant tank spike damage? Can you say "Hooray LS procs?" =D

Talents:

T1: Feline swiftness more almost all. I used displacer beast on Gate of teh Setting sun, just because i didn't trust myself rushing down to the last boss and dieing because I'm too stupid to use the edges.

T2: Nature's Swfitness. Period. Always. No matter what you are doing as a Resto Druid, the others pale in comparison. Don't pick anything else.

T3: Usually Typhoon, never had a reason to even use most of these. Maybe I did, depends on the instance. In Siege I used Mass entanglement, but it was not really necessary because we didn't use the strategy anyway.

T4: Incarnation. I don't think the others give you as much burst healing as ToL. (FoN, maybe but meh, SotF, 50% haste to an already fast regrowth that could heal as much as HT when glyphed? meh. Gimme the insta RG and increased healing.)

T5: Ursol's vortex was a default, but if you're a better player then I am you can help your team out a bit with Mighty Bash for those much needed interrupts for tank damage. If you can do that, you're tank will love you forever. Remember to prioritize healing first. A dead group gets you no where.

T6: I first always learned and practiced an instance with Natures Vigil. It gave me more throughput when I felt I needed it. When I got use to the dungeon and got more synergy with the group (and when resetting to try for gold) I would switch to HotW. There were many places (SM, TotJS and SsB in particular) where I had to do quite a bit of DPS to help beat the timer. Mostly, for a big trash pack that the tank could stun lock for a while and I just hurricane my heart out for it.

Last thing to note, Stormstout Brewery had such a tight timer. I had to go boomkin for a trash pack at the very end to AoE (and also heal) then go back heals for the next trash pack, then go back boomkin for the boss. While DPSing the boss as boomkin, I would pop HotW and rejuv everyone while I DPS'd.

BTW: I'm a horrible DPS'r )=

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this