FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SynccTimez

DK's in 6.2

Just looking for people to throw some opinions out there about the current changes that are suppose to be coming so far for death knights in 6.2. Will unholy still be a contending spec? How about DW Frost?

I've been following Skullflower's simulations for the 6.2 changes, and they basically say that 2H Frost will be the superior pure single target spec by a huge margin. DW and UH are very close. In AoE fights, UH will be better, followed by 2H Frost (using the single target rotation, oddly enough), and DW is at the bottom. The AoE sims were done for 4 targets, so maybe things will be different on 2-3 targets. 

Edit: Looks like DW got buffed some more. Will be slightly better than UH in AoE.

Edited by Anfauglith

Will the stat priorities be different between unholy and frost still?

It's looking like they will but there shouldn't be much of a difficulty in gearing. Unholy will still favor multistrike with Frost looking like it will still like some haste (2h). Most gear I get for unholy as enough haste on it that I can switch to Frost easy enough and still have like a 50% haste rating. So, its looking like we will sorta be like mages have been this patch mages comfortably sat on fire/arcane builds easily switching between the two without re-gemming and enchanting and likewise I think we'll have a comfortable Frost/Unholy build set up.