Slim

Restoration Druid Weakaura

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I thought it was about time that i shared these weakauras with everyone!

I have spent numerous hours scouring the internet looking for an aura that worked for me, but sadly i could not find one!

My guild master was nice enough to help me create my own.

let me know what you guys think all the info is in the video link below.

Thanks guys! 

Isn't it distracting for you to have all the buttons glowing and shouting all the time?

I use WeakAuras for my resto druid but I divided them into three sections:

- CDs bar that has my healing and utility spells and shows their CDs in seconds (without glowing and stuff, just plain number of seconds)

- three icons (Lifebloom, Mushroom, Harmony uptime) with the uptime bar and a one time sound / minor glowing while they are off CD - because these abilities should be kept working all the time.

- two icons of Ironbark and Cenarion Ward showed only when they are on CD (with a timer).

This WA build keeps me aware to my CD and spells usage. Having all the spells and abilities glowing and shouting all the time, I think that I would just ignore them. But it's definitely just my personal opinion and my personal preferences.

• Like 1

i definitely see where you are coming from pandacho. but for me it works i like having all the auras in my face so i don't miss anything. as far as sounds go i know which sounds are for each aura so 9/10 times i don't even look at the auras but when i see something bouncing in the corner of my eye i know I'm missing something. id love to see what auras you are using, from what i can tell from your post i have tried something like your auras and it didn't quite work for me but its all personal preference really.

Thanks for the comment! 

Thanks, Slim smile.png

Well, my druid auras looks like this right now (Watching first minute is enough to get an idea) :

My healing frames are that big because it's a CMs set.

In addition I use 'assist to focus' macro for Moonfire and Wrath so I wouldn't waste time for Tab'ing enemies or accidentally dps something wrong.

i like your ui! its pretty cool! and those auras u have for shroom and LB and harmony are what i modelled my auras after. what do u use for ur party bars?

what do u use for ur party bars?

Sorry for later response. My party/raid frames are VuhDo frames.

May I ask whether it's a Threat Meter on the right side of your UI? I can't see it properly on video.

i definitely see where you are coming from pandacho. but for me it works i like having all the auras in my face so i don't miss anything. 

I think it's very important with WeakAuras (with all UI really) that, in an effort to ensure you don't miss anything, you put so much on your screen that you can't  be aware of it all. Put one WA on your screen somewhere near the middle and you'll be aware of it at all times. Put 5 next to each other and there's a good chance that you won't immediately notice a change to any one of them. 

With this in mind my approach to WAs (and I make a set for all the classes and specs I play) is to have everything that I don't need to handle disappear from my UI completely, with icons popping up when they need to be noticed and going away once they've been dealt with. If you need pre-warning for something before it actually happens (like ensuring that LB/Harmony doesn't actually drop off) then have a timer/progress bar only display with a few seconds to go, and so on. This makes for a cleaner UI overall and ensures that you're aware of changes (changes are always what's vital) with nothing important ever getting swamped by the normal running or status quo. 

This is the most amazing UI I ever saw (it's not a statement, it's my personal opinion)

I'm going to redo my druid UI in this style and once I'll finish, will make the same for shaman and disc.