FORUMS
Damien

Explosive Blast Farming Wizard

I love this build. I started using it yesterday. Every once in awhile I end up with explosive blasts going off like a super fast machine gun. How am I doing that? That has to be some order of attacks that is achieving that effect. Do y'all know?

It happens when you kill an elite, this is your In-Geom effect (the weapon in the cube). It practically nullifies the cooldowns in the build for 10 seconds after killing an elite. The goal of the build is to go from elite to elite in quick succession, and it should succeed 90+ % of the time with its insane clear speed and the elite density in any decent rift.

Guest Guest

I've created my own version of this build, which ended up similar but with some differences. I've been working on it all season, but so far only paragon 600 if that helps determine how much i actually play.

While reading, I was wondering how high "mid" level greater rifts are. I'm currently seeing how high I can push but have done level 64 in 8:30.

Most armor: 5 piece rasha(using belt/amu/offhand), 3 piece firebird

Boots: Nilfurs

Bracer: Ancient Parthen

Rings: Focus/Restraint

Cube weap: orb of infinite depth

Cube armor: Aquila Cuiress

Cube jewelry: Rorg

Passives: blur, elemental exposure, audacity, glass cannon (might change cannon soon)

Gems: trapped, stricken, esoteric

I focus on meteor and fire damage. I initially wanted a meteor build, but explosive blast is just too strong. Unlike speed running, the build is slower but consistent, having big aoe damage as well as decent single-target damage from Nilfurs 1-3 minion boost.

Guest DoubleDouble

I've been running a similar core build, but with quite a few differences. This is something I've been working on since the start of the season, but I am not as committed of a player as some (just reached paragon 600) so many of the choices are still being experimented with as I reach higher rifts (just reached grift 64 in 8:30) - but this is what is working so far for me.

The main difference is that I focus on meteor and fire damage. I have meteor damage bonus where I'm able, resulting in some very hard-hitting meteors in addition to the typical explosive blast bonuses. You'll notice a lot of damage prevention, as well as very offense-oriented passives. The two-piece Firebird resurrect I rely on for my "life-save". I find I have great AoE, as well as decent single(to triple) target damage thanks to Nilfurs Boast. Ice Meteor, Ice Armor, and Teleport provide two different forms of stun for Parthen Defender, but you'll have to keep moving to new stunnable mobs if the first don't die fast enough.

Most gear: Tal Rasha 5 piece(using off-hand, belt, amulet), Firebird 3 set

Bracer: Ancient Parthen Defenders (reduces damage taken by 12% for each stunned nearby enemy)

Boots: Nilfur's Boast (increase meteor damage by 100%, up to 200% if it hits 3 or fewer enemies)

Rings: Focus/Restraint (will increase damage for a total of 100%)

Weapon: Wand of Woh

Cubed Weapon: Orb of Infinite Depth (20% damage, 60% damage reduction)

Cubed Armor: Aquila Cuiress (while above 90% resource, damage taken reduced by 50%)

Cubed Jewelry: Ring of Royal Grandeur: (finishes 6 piece rasha and 4 piece firebird bonuses)

Skills:

Spectral Blade: Thrown Blade (lightning proc and a primary skill I prefer over electrocute)

Teleport: Calamity (arcane proc and 1 second stun for parthen defender bonuses)

Explosive Blast: Chain Reaction (fire proc and lots of damage with wand of woh)

Magic Weapon: Force Weapon (damage boost, I may experiment with the shield effect rune as I reach higher rifts)

Frost Nova: Frozen Mist (ice proc, when I moved off of Halo of Arlyse I experimented with other choices such as Blizzard with the cost-reduction rune, but I found it just used too much arcane and kept me from getting the Aquila bonuses)

Ice Armor: Crystallize (reduces melee damage taken and increases armor. I've decided to try Diamond Skin soon instead just to see how it compares)

Blur: more damage reduction

Elemental Exposure: 20% extra damage after mobs take damage from multiple skills

Audacity: 30% damage close range bonus

Glass cannon: Increase damage by 15% for 10% cost in armor/resistances - so far hasn't been a problem but this is the first thing I plan on switching if I find myself lacking in defense.

Gems:

Trapped - good damage boost

Stricken - Helpful against bosses, not sure but I suspect the meteor damage on the ground makes this stack quickly?

Esoteric - Good defensive bonuses

To make the switch to speed-running, I swap 5 things.

Cubed Weapon: Orb to In-Geom

Cubed Armor: Aquila to Goldwrap

Magic Weapon: Force to Conduit (otherwise I tend to run out of arcane while spamming explosive)

A ring: Avarice Band + Boon of the Hoarder to make the most of goldwrap and movement bonus

Bracers: to Warzechian Armguards, bonus movement for breaking destructible objects, tends to happen with the aoe

Guest Pzy

I got an ancient Wand of Woh that rolled 7% CDR and 7% Attack Speed. To be able to achieve the 59% CDR goal mentioned in the build guide, I'd have to reroll the CDR but then I can not reroll the Attack Speed to 10% Weapon Damage. The build guide puts more importance on the %dmg. How will going for the %dmg affect survivability in higher GRs? How would going for the CDR affect overall dmg output?

I got an ancient Wand of Woh that rolled 7% CDR and 7% Attack Speed. To be able to achieve the 59% CDR goal mentioned in the build guide, I'd have to reroll the CDR but then I can not reroll the Attack Speed to 10% Weapon Damage. The build guide puts more importance on the %dmg. How will going for the %dmg affect survivability in higher GRs? How would going for the CDR affect overall dmg output?

Hello! I'd say in your case perfecting CDR would be the better option, and it's almost always the case in Flashfire build anyway. (I will revise the table to reflect that, I seem to have them the other way around.) The majority of your damage comes from a cooldown based skill, and the lower you can get it in a non-In-Geom setup, the better!

This build is amazingly fast and fun...doing 2-3 min rifts with 700 paragon and sub-par gear, with 2 ancients...I love it, and I really appreciate the variations mentioned here for the bounties and GR.

Thank you, Deadset!

Guest Deidavas

Hey Deadset,

How do you think this build will work in 2.4.2? Considering it's current Firebird's rework? Also the new Torment XIII. Will it be able to farm efficiently normal rifts on TXIII (presumably Tier 60)? I'm transitioning slowly from Multishot DH to a Wizzard and want to find a FAST (got use to the freaking lightspeed DH :))) ) and efficient normal rift farming build using aside your Arcane Orb build.

Thank you for your insights!

On 30.06.2016 г. at 10:03 PM, Guest Deidavas said:

How do you think this build will work in 2.4.2? Considering it's current Firebird's rework? Also the new Torment XIII. Will it be able to farm efficiently normal rifts on TXIII (presumably Tier 60)?

Absolutely! The basis of the build are the Tal Rasha bonuses, and Firebirds is just a helpful addition on top. Some swaps and the build will be good to go, update to the guide coming soon (tm) :)

Guest Orkonkel

The video talks about the firebird set, but the build shown on Icyveins has only tal rasha's. What goes?

Guest Forsa

Firebird set bonus got nerfed in 2.4.2 so the guide has been updated not to use Firebird pieces

Currently, this build is essentially four builds: Greater Rifts, Speedruns, Death's Breath, and Bounties. There's no quick way when glancing at the guide to know which items and skills correspond to which build, so I figured I'd consolidate the differences as a quick reference. I've also denoted the sections between the four builds that are shared between two or more of them, just so that it's clear when skimming that all others are unique to their build. Future visitors should note that this post refers to the 2.4.2 version of the build.

Shared between all builds

6-piece Tal Rasha Set (in DB build, helm or gloves will be replaced)
Tal Rasha's Guise of WisdomTal Rasha's Guise of WisdomTal Rasha's Relentless PursuitTal Rasha's Relentless PursuitTal Rasha's GraspTal Rasha's Grasp,
Tal Rasha's BraceTal Rasha's BraceTal Rasha's StrideTal Rasha's StrideTal Rasha's AllegianceTal Rasha's Allegiance

Off-pieces
CorruptionCorruption
FocusFocus / Stone of JordanStone of Jordan
RestraintRestraint / Avarice BandAvarice Band

Weapon
Wand of WohWand of Woh

Cube
None shared

Gems
Bane of the TrappedBane of the Trapped

Skills
ElectrocuteElectrocute Surge of PowerSurge of Power
TeleportTeleport
CalamityCalamity
Frost NovaFrost Nova
Frozen MistFrozen Mist
Explosive BlastExplosive Blast
Chain ReactionChain Reaction

Passives
IllusionistIllusionist
AudacityAudacity
EvocationEvocation

Greater Rift Progression

Off-pieces (same as bounties)
Ashnagarr's Blood BracerAshnagarr's Blood Bracer

Nilfur's BoastNilfur's Boast

Off-hand Weapon (same as speedruns & DB farming)
Orb of Infinite DepthOrb of Infinite Depth

Cube
The FurnaceThe Furnace
Aquila CuirassAquila Cuirass
Convention of ElementsConvention of Elements

Gems
Bane of the StrickenBane of the Stricken
Bane of the PowerfulBane of the Powerful

Skills
Diamond SkinDiamond Skin
Enduring SkinEnduring Skin
Magic WeaponMagic Weapon
DeflectionDeflection

Passives
Galvanizing WardGalvanizing Ward

Rift Speedrunning

Off-pieces
Nemesis BracersNemesis Bracers

Off-hand Weapon (same as GRs & DB farming)

Cube
In-geomIn-geom
GoldwrapGoldwrap
Avarice BandAvarice Band

Gems (same as DB farming)
Wreath of LightningWreath of Lightning
Boon of the HoarderBoon of the Hoarder

Skills (same as DB farming)
Diamond SkinDiamond Skin PrismPrism
Storm ArmorStorm Armor
ScrambleScramble

Passives (same as DB farming)
Elemental ExposureElemental Exposure

Death's Breath Farming

Off-pieces
Sage's ApogeeSage's Apogee - or - Sage's PurchaseSage's Purchase (requires removal of corresponding Tal Rasha piece)
Sage's PassageSage's Passage
Nemesis BracersNemesis Bracers

Off-hand Weapon (same as GRs & speedruns)

Cube
In-geomIn-geom
GoldwrapGoldwrap
Ring of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal Grandeur

Gems (same as speedruns)
Boon of the HoarderBoon of the Hoarder

Skills (same as speedruns)
Diamond SkinDiamond Skin PrismPrism
Storm ArmorStorm Armor
ScrambleScramble

Passives (same as speedruns)
Elemental ExposureElemental Exposure

Bounties

Off-pieces (same as GRs)
Ashnagarr's Blood BracerAshnagarr's Blood Bracer

Off-hand Weapon
Cosmic StrandCosmic Strand

Cube
Aether WalkerAether Walker
Warzechian ArmguardsWarzechian Armguards
Avarice BandAvarice Band

Gems
Bane of the PowerfulBane of the Powerful / Boon of the HoarderBoon of the Hoarder

Skills
Diamond SkinDiamond Skin
Enduring SkinEnduring Skin
Storm ArmorStorm Armor
ScrambleScramble

Passives
Astral PresenceAstral Presence

Edited by Koviko
  • Like 1

As I was writing the above summary for the four builds, I noticed that there seemed to be an inconsistency with the Bounty build. The entire build itself is buried in the paragraphs rather than explicitly stated, so I compiled that build based solely on what was written in the guide regarding bounties. When selecting cube bonuses for the Bounty build, there's a mention of Avarice BandAvarice Band and its synergy with GoldwrapGoldwrap and Boon of the HoarderBoon of the Hoarder.

These mentions make sense for the Death's Breath (or normal Torment Rifting) build, but the Bounty build doesn't recommend using either of these.

@Deadset Would you recommend a different Cube bonus for the ring slot?

Edited by Koviko

On 8/23/2016 at 5:38 AM, Koviko said:

As I was writing the above summary for the four builds, I noticed that there seemed to be an inconsistency with the Bounty build. The entire build itself is buried in the paragraphs rather than explicitly stated, so I compiled that build based solely on what was written in the guide regarding bounties. When selecting cube bonuses for the Bounty build, there's a mention of Avarice BandAvarice Band and its synergy with GoldwrapGoldwrap and Boon of the HoarderBoon of the Hoarder.

These mentions make sense for the Death's Breath (or normal Torment Rifting) build, but the Bounty build doesn't recommend using either of these.

@Deadset Would you recommend a different Cube bonus for the ring slot?

Hello, and firstly thank you for the quick reference summary you've posted. I had some worries that I'm trying to cram too many build options into one place, and it seems they've been founded. :( I'll keep it in mind for future guides, hopefully this one can still be deciphered well enough.

Nothing truly sticks out for the Jewelry slot during bounties for this build, but I'd likely stick to Avarice Band and transition to Boon of the Hoarder in Bane of the Powerful's place as soon as I feel myself overpowering the difficulty.

Guest Shawmeck

Hello Deadset, I would just like to clarify that in your build you have five properties for the tal rasha's helmet. Is it actually possible to get intelligence Vitality critical hit, socket as well as + to skill property? I thought you can only get three primary properties and two secondary properties on a helmet

Guest Shawmeck

Hello,

I am confused by the stat priority for some of these items such as the helm

1Socket
2Intelligence
3Critical Hit Chance
4Vitality
5Meteor %

This item can only have 3 primary stats and 2 secondary stats, how can you get all 5 from above?  Thanks.

Guest DIablo Master
On 8/29/2016 at 9:16 PM, Guest Shawmeck said:

Hello,

I am confused by the stat priority for some of these items such as the helm

1Socket
2Intelligence
3Critical Hit Chance
4Vitality
5Meteor %

This item can only have 3 primary stats and 2 secondary stats, how can you get all 5 from above?  Thanks.

It is just showing the best options, in order of preference.  If you want meteor% instead of vitality for more dmg you can do so.

Please correct me if I'm missing something ( the fact that no one has brought this up tells me I'm missing something) but in the active skills section of your build you have Teleport on the right mouse key, Frost Nova on 1, and Diamond Skin on 3. In my game ( up to date as far as I know) all three skills are defensive skill options on the 1 key. Is there a way to customize skill placement? Sorry to be Newbing out but obviously I need guidance.

Guest Peekoh

On 9/3/2016 at 9:04 PM, EdgeCrusher78 said:

Please correct me if I'm missing something ( the fact that no one has brought this up tells me I'm missing something) but in the active skills section of your build you have Teleport on the right mouse key, Frost Nova on 1, and Diamond Skin on 3. In my game ( up to date as far as I know) all three skills are defensive skill options on the 1 key. Is there a way to customize skill placement? Sorry to be Newbing out but obviously I need guidance.

In your Gameplay Options there should be an "Elective Mode" option. That allows you to place your skills in any spot you choose.

• Like 1

On 4.9.2016 at 4:04 AM, EdgeCrusher78 said:

Thanks for grabbing that one guys. As they've said, the game essentially locks skills to one button to allow new players to build what the game believes is a "balanced" skill setup. You can disable that to follow the builds that are on the site.

Guest Corruption sub?

Corruption shoulders I make dont have 7 pickup radius.   It has 1-2.   Does this break the build?  What should I use instead.  Thx for build.

Guest ChoVa.

Hello, @Deadset
I love this build and I have been using t for some time .. :)
But you need to update something ..
For unknown reasons they changed in 2.4.3 (nerfed) Corruptions pickup radius form 7 to 2.
So it has become useless for this build ..
U need to update that.. So it seems we will need some other solution for the shoulders ..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/corruption

On 1/9/2017 at 11:33 PM, Guest ChoVa. said:

For unknown reasons they changed in 2.4.3 (nerfed) Corruptions pickup radius form 7 to 2

I've made a note of this on other builds as well. Will get it updated ASAP :) Thanks for the comment!

On 1/9/2017 at 9:52 PM, Guest Corruption sub? said:

Corruption shoulders I make dont have 7 pickup radius.   It has 1-2.   Does this break the build?  What should I use instead.  Thx for build.

See above.