Zon'ozz heroic guide incorrect?

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

I am not sure if the contributors of the guides read this but I am concern your guide may be incorrect in regards to NOT dispelling the Disprupting Shadows but to heal thru it on Zonozz Heroic. I read many sites and guides and even asked on wow forums if people heal thru the disrupting shadows and you are the only one who mentions this. You may need to heal thru it if they are about to hit a transistion phase or if they are about to take damage from the ball but generally the person with the debuff on needs to run immediately ten yards away from people and get dispelled.

Myself and another guildie love your guides -they are great and very detailed however when I was researching Zonozz Heroic for some reason I did not read your guide and went to other references. However my follow healer came to your guide as you have never let him down. He spoke with such authority that we just heal thru it contrary to what I read and we disagreed.

If we heal thru it we are healing that person continously for 20 secs and in that twenty seconds we are healing 36099 every two secs - which leads to healing for 360,990 Hp and I believe three people have the debuff - let alone all the other healing that needs to be done...I think your straetgy could be (as i never tried it nor found anyone who has on ten man to confirm) a very mana inefficent way of healing and could leave the healers with severe mana issues and could lead to a wipe. Also I have read anywhere from 33392-38807 every two seconds. So my calcuations could be less or worse.

Edited by Damien

While you are right, and the 'intended' strategy by Blizz was most likely to go out and be dispelled, it is (mostly) more viable to trust in your healers ability to heal through a somewhat higher damage then relying on everyone in your raid not screwing up movement. This is especially true for 25 man runs.

Furthermore stepping out leads to a DPS loss, leading to a longer fight, more black phases, more dps loss, etc. If you happened to watch the speedrun contest through dragon soul HC 25 man w/o nerf activated (organized by Athene) you will have noticed all 4 contesting guilds healing through that debuff and downing the boss in the second black phase. This is obviously an extreme example, but proves the point.

It all comes down to what you prefer, how you're geared and how skilled your players are. If you are struggling with the enrage (or don't struggle at all but just want to clear DS as fast as possible, because you're annoyed by it ;-)) you will want to maximize DPS. That includes reducing movement wherever possible. If you're struggling with movement you want to reduce it again. If however your healers are struggling to heal through the black phases at the end because they're oom for healing through that dmg then obviously stepping out is an option.

Edited by Astropolix

I feel that comparing two of the top guilds in the world to the people who use these guides is a bit of an oversight here. The people using these guides clearly need help on the encounter, so telling them to ignore a mechanic and add strain to the healers for a very minor DPS gain is not beneficial.

In a 10 or 25 man encounter, using the DBM alert or any other comparable alert system should easily notify any decently raid-aware raider that something has happened to them that requires their attention. Telling healers to heal through this very damaging debuff that can be readily cleansed is equivalent to telling melee DPS to go ahead and eat that whirlwind because they don't want to lose DPS. The only time that debuff should be healed through is when someone isn't moving (bad on their part, shows lack of raid awareness) or when it is applied to someone at or below 50% of their maximum life. Once they are brought up to 75-80%, they can and should be dispelled.

As I said that example was meant to be extreme. Last time we pulled a player through DS, so basically only had 9 players and were still able to two-heal the boss while not dispelling the debuffs. It just comes down to how good your healers are...

But isn't it more than how good you're healers are? I am talking about ten man heroic with an average guild and all healers and all other raiders with virtually no heroic gear. Our raid can not nine man it yet...reg DS, yes we can. I found the last comment a bit insulting as I am the healer in our raid and myself and the other healer are on equal footing in our healing ability..and it comes down to how good I am? If you have done this strategy with virtually no heroic gear - and heroic mode, with a nerf, and just healed thru it...then I will take my hat off to you and will make an extreme effort to go down this path. sorry if I sound frustrated but most guides tend to be geared towards geared raids and exceptional players. But now with the 25% nerf this whole topic might just be pointless...and doable.

Edited by Dreamtears

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Renkin
      <Fepix – Magtheridon> - Alliance  
      Sick of pugging, looking for heroic progression, wanting to get into the guild raiding scene or just want an active discord to have a laugh in? Fepix could be the guild for you! 
      Fepix is heroic raiding guild founded and run by a group of friends. Every Tier our main aim is to get curve and then to step into mythic and take down the earlier bosses there in a calm and casual environment. Although we always seek to progress and improve as players, we like to maintain a lightheartedness within our community. 
      We also hope to give guildies an introduction into guild raiding, or to just help them gear up in our weekly normal farm run.  
      Normal raiding: (20:00-23:00 realm time Friday) 
      Our normal runs have no requirements other than fairly relevant gear (910ish for normal antorus), the willingness to listen to and learn from the raid leader and the other experienced raiders there and a good sense of humor! Those that attend the normal runs have the ability to progress to the heroic team if they show the qualities we look for in a heroic raider. 
      Progression Raiding: (20:00-23:00 realm time Sunday and Monday) 
      For our Progression team, we look for:  
      Reliability - the ability to have high attendance to raids, to arrive promptly at raid time, and should something come up that would stop you attending, to let an officer know ahead of raid time. 
      Adaptability – the ability to learn from mechanical mistakes and to show a bit of initiative in encounters to make those small plays that go above the norm that could potentially aid in the raid's success. 
      A laid-back personality – the ability to remain calm when you make or others make mistakes.  
      An off spec – Although this isn't necessary, it will make you slightly more valuable to the raid if you can play an interchangeable role based on the attendance of that raid or the demands of the encounter. 
      We are always open to applications from heroic raiders, people wanting to get into the raiding scene for the first time or people just sick of pugging and wanting a community of people to do content with. 
      We are currently looking for an off tank and healer as a priority for when we look to start progressing mythic in the coming weeks. However this still means we are open to applications from all other specs and classes as well.
      We are hoping to bolster our raid team in preparation for BFA where we will continue with the same aims and system. 
      If you are interested in applying please message one of our recruiting officers on either discord or battle.net: 
      Summerset (Raid Leader): Battle.net: Meep#2725 / Discord: Renkin#7628 
      Codeded: Battle.net: Novice#2211 / Discord: Chucknorris30#5520 
      'Big Daddy' Chris (Guild Master) : Battle.net: Syconix#2181 / Discord: Syconix#7498 
      If you feel like watching one of our raids, Chris streams our heroic runs on: https://www.twitch.tv/syconix   - Come down and say hey! 
    • By Matster
      Semi-Hardcore Guild Looking for new Blood to fill our team. We are looking to fill Healer and DPS spots (preferably Ranged). Having a Immunity class is a plus. We like to run Mythic+ on non raid nights and do events every once in a while. We are a laid-back group that likes to Joke around, but still progress content. Hoping to move into Mythic a bit to end the tier since most of our team can only wish for titanforged gear now. 
      What we Offer:
      -Mythic+ Groups
      -Cross Realm Runs to trial
      -Chill Enviroment with a mind on Progression
      -Character Catch-up for Undergeared players Main Characters
      -Heroic Raiding as our primary Focus, Doing Mythic is a bonus after clearing Heroic (working on a steady 20 atm)
      What we are Looking for:
      Immunity RDPS Classes (Mage, Hunter, Possibly DH or palidan) - High
      Ranged DPS Classes - Medium
      Melee DPS - Low
      Healers - Medium
      Raid Times:
      Tues-Wed; 8-11 Central time
      add my battle tag at Braz203#1596
      Or leave a message on this Page
    • By tanksta1
      [H] Salvation (est.2007) is a progression raiding guild on US-Cenarion Circle/Sisters of Elune.
      Salvation is actively searching and recruiting players for current heroic content. What we look to do in the short-term is recruit players and gear them in our farm content. Mythic + will be run as well since it serves as another outlet to gearing up. By doing this we prepare them for our long-term goal, Mythic Mode Progression.
      We are now 11/11H. We are currently searching for players to bolster our roster to 20 for Mythic Mode Progression.
      Recruiting for Antorus
      Tanks- closed. (can still apply we can always find a place for you.) Melee- Rogue x1, Ret Paladin x1 Ranged- Mages x2, Hunter x1-2, Warlock x1, Balance Druid x1-2 Healers- Resto/Ele Shaman x1, Holy Paladin x1

***Exceptional applicants can feel free to sign up even if we aren't recruiting your class/spec. Outstanding applications will always be considered.
      We are also accepting players that engage in social aspects of the WoW community such as leveling, PvP, questing, dungeon finding, roleplaying and other challenging activites. We provide monthly guild events. For example, the Tournament of Tiny Champions. It’s a pet battle tournament where guildies compete with each other using 3-6 of their mightiest level 25 tiny champions. We are expanding this extremely fun side of Salvation so that everyone can join in on some action and prizes!
      Raiding Schedule
      Our schedule is as follows. We push content three times a week for 3 hours at a time starting at 6:00pm to 9:00pm PST Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Mondays. 
      Our Raiding Requirements
      You must be able to raid all three nights. Be on time for raid. Lateness will not be tolerated. Be able to play the optimal specialization for Legion raid encounters. (this requirement is more towards the pure dps classes and hybrid classes in some special cases) Come prepared with the knowledge of the Legion raid bosses and mechanics. Have Discord app installed and a working microphone to communicate. Discord browser and phone app is also acceptable. (Note: Some of these requirements will change as time goes on.)
      How to Join
      Please sign up on our guild website at:
      www.salvationcc.guildlaunch.com Want to reach me in game? On Discord? Questions or concerns? Hit me up at:
      Battletag: Zanngetsu#1255 Discord: Tankstâ2329  
    • By Slurriicane
      Take your talents to SouthBeach!
      We are a relatively new guild filled with a bunch of players from various backgrounds just looking to have a good time playing the game we all love together.
      We are not a hardcore guild but we do like to take our raid nights seriously and try and progress as much as we can. The guild is ran by several mythic raiders from previous expansions who are either returning to the game, or just looking for something a little less strenuous and have some fun with it.
      Although we do like to have fun we have a few rules when it comes to the raid:
      - Show respect to everyone else in the guild
      - Come prepared on raid nights, Flasks and Feasts will be provided
      - Listen to our raid leaders and don't be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure of anything, we are more than willing to help.
      - Have a good attitude!
      *But most importantly, have a good time!
      We have people online all through-out the week doing various things and just hanging in discord, we want you to be part of the community and not be afraid to pop into discord and just shoot the breeze.
      Friday: 9:00pm - 12:00pm Server Time (Central)
      Saturday: 9:00pm - 12:00am Server Time (Central)
      If you have any questions contact me at RicFlair#11116 (Bnet) or another officer at tjamorrow#1711(Bnet)
    • By Deadly
      Good day people of the forums!
      Heavy Metal Gaming (Kel'thuzad) is a 2 day, casual guild looking to recruit a few more to round out our roster, and looking ahead to Battle for Azeroth.
      Although we are casual, the roster is made up of exceptional players, and we are looking for like-minded/skilled players that are vocal in discord, and engage with the rest of the guild.
      The guild and group is made up of friends that have been gaming together for 10+ years. Many of us previously raiding in Top 50 guilds during TBC, WoTLK, and Cata.
      For Legion we are AOTC for all raid content.
      We are looking for:
      Shadow Priest
      Ele Shaman
      Ret Paladin
      Enhancement Shaman
      Raid Times
      Tuesday & Wednesday 7-10PM MST
      If you are interested in a laid back guild, but still want to crush raids please respond to this thread, or feel free to add me:
      in game: Deadly#1230
      Or on discord: Deadly#2239