FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cardio33

Returning Player 6.2 Guide

Been busy lately and haven't had time to read up on 6.2.  Can someone please give me a brief rundown on what a returning player (2 month break, 697 ilevel) needs to know going into this patch?  Any advice/suggestions to speed up my return would be greatly appreciated.

A lot of out of date guides out there but it's looking like I better dust off affliction:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8#dataset=75

RIP Demonology

Been busy lately and haven't had time to read up on 6.2.  Can someone please give me a brief rundown on what a returning player (2 month break, 697 ilevel) needs to know going into this patch?  Any advice/suggestions to speed up my return would be greatly appreciated.

A lot of out of date guides out there but it's looking like I better dust off affliction:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8#dataset=75

RIP Demonology

I honestly wouldn't trust the warcraftlogs reports yet. The instance has been out for a day, so it is far too early to tell what is going to have good parses throughout the raid.

That being said, Affliction will be pretty good to start out, with your fancy new buffs, however once you start to get tier 18, affliction really loses its luster. The only thing it will be good for is Hellfire High Council.

Demonology is not totally dead, Demonbolt is back and it's hitting like a Mack Truck. With the tier bonuses and Archi trinket, Demonology will be a fantastic spec to play.

Destro is most likely going to be the best. It already sims highest in single target, and has great add cleave value for fights like Kilrogg and Gorefiend.

I personally will be going Destro/Demo at the start of this patch, and will most likely stick to it.

Thanks for all of the advice guys!  We were able to clear 5/13 H fairly easily.  My first raid in ~2 months and I went mostly demonbolt demonology due to familiarity.  

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qRnxCmgJtwZBTbvj#fight=26

Unfortunately, the dream is dead, I don't see demonology beating destro/afflic on any encounter that I've seen so far.  Will try destro/afflic next week.