FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Diabs

Afflic lock need help ASAP

Hey guys! My toons name is Diablocabron, he's a 491ilvl affliction lock, I need major help though because I'm afraid of being kicked from my heroic progression guild due to my horrible dps, I am going to post a world of Logs link from our last 2 heroic kills. I really can't think of what I'm doing wrong, and my dps is about 20-30k lower than what it really should be, any help would be appreciated!!!

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cv04e6dibqau2dfk/details/50/

1) UA uptime on Heroic Feng was 86%. This needs to be improved greatly.

2) You're using Windsong instead of Jade Spirit. This is EASILY a 5-10k DPS loss.

3) You're using Blossom of the Eternal Snow instead of the DMF trinket. This is another 5k DPS loss.

4) You're using Harvest Life which doesn't do any meaningful AoE damage. Especially on this fight, I'm not sure what you were trying to do with the adds that spawn. I see a Seed of Corruption...not really sure why. You need immediately and impactful AoE on this fight, not slowly ramping up AoE.

5) Not sure if you have the 4pc bonus yet or not, but I see Dark Soul used 4 times in a fight that lasted 9 minutes and 14 seconds. If you do NOT have the 4pc tier bonus, then you should have used it 5 times in that span, so you essentially left a 30% haste buff for 20 seconds go to waste. If you DO have the 4pc tier bonus, then you missed out casting it 2 times.

If you insist on being Affliction on this fight (Demonology is a huge help with the adds), then take Shadowfury to assist with the adds. Your Seed of Corruption followed by Harvest Life wasn't even worth the globals you spent.

Also, if you're in a heroic progression group, drop that crappy Blossom trinket (seen in your spell buffs) and get something worthwhile, like the DMF trinket. There is no reason to not have this at this point in progression.

Thanks for the feedback, what I thought was really impacting my dps was my DoT times, I try refreshing them at the last tick, this should extend the powerful DoT correct? And I'm pretty sure that down time wa due to some of the mechanics, my DoTs would fall off.

1) UA uptime on Heroic Feng was 86%. This needs to be improved greatly.

that was due to the mashing of the harvest life button

Posted Image

so that'll improve once the latter is fixed.

armory

http://us.battle.net...cabron/advanced

also, and i admit i'm way behind in the times so forgive me if this is wrong, but...why intel cloak over lightweave?

edit: ahh, i see it was covered already in another thread

Tailoring - Lightweave Embroidery gives 2000 Int for 15 seconds on a 64 second ICD. This averages to 468Int, which replaces the normal +180Int enchant,

source: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1192-doubts-about-profession/#entry12969 Edited by Gravyspasm

I'm fairly new to the game I've only been playing a little over a year And my lock around a month before MoP release, so I need help with every detail it's appreciated lol, I've read up on the tips here and I have alot of it down, it's the little things such as chants, and BiS that get me, and I am in the process of purchasing the serpent deck for the trink. Thanks both of you for the feedback =)

"I try refreshing them at the last tick, this should extend the powerful DoT correct? You should be refreshing your dots right when you get procs that will significantly increase your dots damage, then refresh them right before the procs are about to wear off. If you dont have Affdots, imo it is a must have addon for warlocks, and makes refreshing dots and managing procs so much easier. Get lightweave on your cloak like one of the posters said also, it is supposed to be the biggest dps increase proffesion for warlocks. If this isnt the case, im going to be upset because I just spent the weekend and 10k changing from herbalism to tailoring for lightweave.
  • Like 1

That's what I actually meant my bad for not stating it correctly, I meant putting on all my dots when I have buffs, then maintaining them by refreshing them at the last moment to keep the empowered dots

Tailoring, I believe, is actually the WORST profession for its proc. It gives 288 Intellect whereas the other crafting professions give 320. The 1920 Haste you gave up can be incorporated, but passive procs > on use procs in my opinion. You didn't destroy your DPS or boost it, but you did lose 10k gold.

Tailoring, I believe, is actually the WORST profession for its proc. It gives 288 Intellect whereas the other crafting professions give 320. The 1920 Haste you gave up can be incorporated, but passive procs > on use procs in my opinion. You didn't destroy your DPS or boost it, but you did lose 10k gold.

Huh? Tailoring = 2000 int for 15 seconds on a 1 min internal CD. This comes out to average of 500 int, but since you can't stack it with the normal 180 int enchant, it turns out to be 320 like every other profession.

It simulates at a 64 second ICD which lowers its average Intellect proc. Not sure what the ACTUAL ICD is...last night on a 7:58 heroic Feng kill, I had it proc 8 times with a 25.1% uptime, so I can't really tell as it would have proc'd right as the fight started. It would have proc'd 3 seconds after we killed him if it had a 60 second ICD, so I can't tell. I'll pay more attention and rummage through some logs.

Did you DC during the Imperial Vizier fight? there's a H U G E flatline in that fight for you...some of which i would attribute to you being MC'd and some of it attributed to you being dead. in between, i dunno.

edit: the yellow circle is the point where you died. blow that the thick yellow vertical line is that same point on your personal graph of when you died.

You'll see two green boxes on that top line...that's you being MC'd

the time the last MC is broken and when you die is 60 seconds.....60 seconds you did zero damage.

why

Posted Image

Edited by Gravyspasm

yes i did D/C lol i didnt do anything that entire fight due to lag so that one im not looking at, its the other fights, im way below the other locks in my guild and were about even on gear, i try to keep my dots up as much as possible, i dont really know whats causing me to have such significantly low dps