motiv8r25

Help with my Destro DPS

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

I just switched to Destro in 6.2 and I'm having issues with my DPS especially on Iron Reaver.  I've read many destro lock guides but it seems like I'm missing just 1 or 3 things.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated thank you.  My logs are located below.

HI Motiv,

A few minor issues in your logs:

Immolate uptime. Perhaps you had to move a lot/boss was out of range but your DoT fell off several times during the ground phases.

Generally quite a few missed casts (aka you were not casting anything) during the ground phase. Are you banking Conflags for movement? At one point (which I assume was the air phase) you did not cast a damaging spell for 26 seconds.

As a result damage on bombs very very low. Havoc and SB usage low. This can be a bad luck thing if you are never near spawn points but did you seek them out? (Running through fire is possible though probably should not let my healers see me do that!).

Resource wise you tend to stay too high as you still have the T17 2 set. You don't want to miss out on free embers.

Overall number of CBs during DS too low. It seemed you had to move once or even twice but do you think that you could have timed better? 

During procs I'd advise to dump more/all embers (assuming you are not going to DS very soon).

Do you feel you really need Unending Resolve? A constant 10% reduction would save more of the healers' mana. Do you really feel that you need Dark Bargain? Could you use your teleport and/or gateways for something?

Hope this helped and good luck.

Edited by spikeysquad

Spikey, I appreciate the feed back. However, I realized there was another lock in the group. My locks name is Pingesee. I just wanted to make sure you looked at the right one because you mentioned the 2 piece when I had the 4.

I am pretty sure he was looking at you. The other lock was affliction and has none of the spells that Spikey pointed out.

Yeah it was Pingesee that I was looking at and if you haven't realised yet I was looking at your Iron Reaver log smile.png

I only said 2 set as I saw from the logs that you have it still and that is what gives you the free embers. The 4 set doesn't matter in this instance.

As to multi-target fights your possible DPS partly depends on your raid group for example how many people are stealing your executes and if the tanks stack nicely. So again "Always be Casting", watch DoT uptimes and minimise movement by using your tools. Then on top learn to maximise Havoc use, more CBs! (especially F&B ones as appropriate), snipe SB kills with a mouseover and it will be even faster paced so watch your resources carefully.

Oh and edited to add during progress priority target damage>overall damage,

Edited by spikeysquad

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. Our raiders know when to goof around and when to be serious.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread so my brain won't explode)
      http://www.hordelandsecurity.org
      (forgive the Pandaran background - web designer is on a looooong break)
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!
    • By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding & social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance further through Heroic Tos and onto Mythic.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:
      We are a very active guild with events on most days for example:

Wed: Day of Reset
      Thurs: TOS Heroic
      Fri: Mythic + night
      Sat: TOS N
      Sun: Gear up sunday + TOS Heroic
      Mon: NH HC
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday

All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events and posted in the calender.
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
    • By Wierra
      Hi, so I'd like to think that have got the fury rotation down, I've been using the Icy veins guide and some pointers from MMO-Champion. I don't think I have any big issues apart from the BC with CoF trinket, like if it's worth waiting for other cooldowns like OF to be up with BC, that's my main question. 
      So I have linked my logs for some PuG raiding the other week, so if someone is up for the task of analyzing them for me, that'd be great. Sorry if my sentences are wrong or weird, I'm really hungover... 

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/wierra
      Log Normal ToS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WzPkRG2HXnrv8qwb#source=13&fight=1&view=analytical&type=damage-done
      ( In Goroth Normal, you will see some downtime in the middle of the fight. I got disconnected that is the answer:/ )
      Log Heroic ToS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1R3Gya6VCTJFYtfm#source=11&type=damage-done

Thanks, this is my first post here so if I'm missing anything please comment! :)
    • By Raidendex
      Hello,

I've been back to WoW for about month or two now and got fairly decent at playing BM hunter, but definitely feel my dps can be better in some situations.
      Overall my stats from equipment seem ok, but I definitely lack legendaries so far. Try to clear as much as i can each week to get more legos, but it's slow.
      Potentially having t19 2pc would help as well.

I switched to stomp build recently. I like that better than df. I guess a bit easier :) than keeping track of trying to keep 3 stacks up. Although I can go back easy enough.
      For the most part I use skills asap, so likely some dps loss is there due to not timing things together.

Here is me
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/zuljin/fery

Thanks for any input!