FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MelkorX

MM: When is AmoC worthwile & how to aoe, cleave (Killrog)

Hi again,

ok first  ive been trying around with Amoc on some encounters, specifically Hellfire Assault since Stampede seems wasted there (If the boss doesn't drop to 50% without, imho the raid doesnt have the dps required anyway.) Not sure if there are other encounters where its useful. Most add encounters have a good burn phase to use Stampede. The tough but also playwise interesting thing there is to judge the upcoming kill priority and hence the "time to die" correctly in order to maximise the dmg per activation and still get the resets on it.  Is there a rule of thumb how many seconds you need for the activation to be worth it all? 

(Im still running 4xt17 with M Dragonspine & So. Elements, s6 Shredirons) (Talents normally Toth, Stampede & LW)

The second issue I have is when im assigned to Portals in the Killrog encounter. It was nice down there as a BM but since I couldn't really do anything against the adds above that was the first encounter where i switched to MM. As MM though I have issues through the looking glass cleaving all the adds. Does anyone have any good advice down there besides wishing barrage had less CD? :D

The only fight where AMoC is maybe useful is on Hellfire Assult, but you'd need to time it so that you get not only multiple resets but also that each one lasts for at least 10-12s before the mob dies.  

As marksman in the portals, pretty much use barrage on the first set of imps, use chim shot on the big guys, and multi shot once you get a few stacks of the buff.  You can also use Frost trap and Binding Shot to slow and stun the adds.

Thanks again, >10 seconds was also the result of my very limited testing against a dummy considering average dmg and focus cost but neglecting aimed shot cast time which throws the result off quite a  bit again. Still  a 5 second  "window" where the timing is right to use it seems very small considering RNG and unpredictable team player behaviour and isn't really appealing. 
Kinda sad I like the ability in theory.