FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aloemare

Enh rotational help.

Hi,

When I use Elemental Blast as my tier 6 talent, I often run into this situation:

- My Flame Shock is expiring on the target.

- I cast Unleash Elements.

- The Windfury attacks give me 5 stacks of Maelstrom, and Elemental Blast comes off CD.

The question is, in this situation, should I follow the priority and consume my Unleash Flame with Elemental Blast, or re-apply Flame Shock first?

PS: I realize Elemental Blast is an unnecessary button when compared with the other tier 6 talents, but if I had to use it, what would the answer to this question be?

Edited by Aloemare

Hi,

When I use Elemental Blast as my tier 6 talent, I often run into this situation:

- My Flame Shock is expiring on the target.

- I cast Unleash Elements.

- The Windfury attacks give me 5 stacks of Maelstrom, and Elemental Blast comes off CD.

The question is, in this situation, should I follow the priority and consume my Unleash Flame with Elemental Blast, or re-apply Flame Shock first?

PS: I realize Elemental Blast is an unnecessary button when compared with the other tier 6 talents, but if I had to use it, what would the answer to this question be?

You want to strive to keep 100% uptime on flame shock. In addition with unleashed your dot will be stronger. So, while it may be appealing to use the elemental blast your overall dps would be better spent using flame shock.

HOWEVER!!! if you are on a fight such as the iron reaver where you have high priority nuke targets, elemental blast unleashed is great. Not only is it high burst damage but is a long range attack.

soooo most situations stick with flame shock, however, if you need high burst or have a quick snap priority kill use it on elemental blast. 

• Like 1