FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Abraxas

New to rogue :)

Hi everyone

Well my main is a frost dk that I semi-hardcore raid with and although I love playing it I'm looking for something a bit more challenging as frost dks, well... Are not the hardest class to play.

So I chose a rogue, I chose assassination for pve to start raiding with hopefully (please tell me of this is the wrong choice) and subtlety for pvp.

Cutting to the chase although I'm only lvl 70 I level pretty fast so I was wondering if there's any good macros for both specs, mainly burst openers etc but anything will do.

I did check the the class guide but not many macros on there and I have searched the web and YouTube but there is so many and tbh icy veins is the only place I really trust.

Any advice/help would be great

Andy

Personally, I don't use macros as Assassination, except for the Tricks of the Trade macro. Regarding Subtlety in PvP, I don't really PvP, so I would rather not take a guess ;)

I would suggest reading the pvp guide from arena junkies. It has a variety of useful macros and a TON of other useful information for rogues of all skill levels. Assassination provides solid pve damage against single target and large numbers of targets. A suggestion for raiding is make and maintain a combat spec (with the appropriate glyphs and reforges). This is because combat dwarfs both specs easily on low number of target cleave fights ( the first Mogushan Vaults fight, for example).

Andy,

In terms of MUST HAVE macros, there really aren't any for assassination rogues. I personally bind my 1 minute cooldown trinkets to mutilate to make sure it is up and not be a spaz on activating it ever 60 seconds.

I have a few macros for tricks because for the beginning of the fight i target one of 2 tanks and mid fight I target a strong mage to give them a 15% boost.

Hope this helps,

-TP