nickthypig1

Help With Ranked!

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Ok so here's the deal: I've spent hundreds of dollars on hearthstone. I thought that if I had better cards, I'd be able to build better decks and climb to legend status in the ranked game mode. I look on icy veins and hearthpwn for decks, and copy them to a tee. I use the ones that say they can make it to legend. I've been playing A LOT, even with the "super" decks, but I still can't win. I can't make it past rank 18.

I heard that 18 was the hardest to pass, but I'm losing against people who I'm sure haven't spent as much money or time as me. It doesn't seem like the decks really matters. I realize it is a game of luck, but (as I'm sure you know) my decks are good for most situations.

Am I doing something wrong? I can detail my play style or add you on hearthstone or something. I desperately need help. 

A guide for what strategies to use, an actual good deck list, or anything else that you think may help would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I play as druid mostly (my favorite) but I also like mage, then hunter, then warrior.

Then you are definitely doing something wrong, if you can't go past Rank 18. I've spent only 45 dollars on hearthstone for naxxramas and blackrock mountain and never bought a single pack with money. I made it to Rank 13 with Ramp Druid. Add me on hearthstone shadowdragon#12368 and I'll see if I can help. You should watch pros play the decks that you are playing on youtube. In general, each of the minions in the druid deck should take out at least 2 of the opponent's minions when trading before u let it die. Do this as much as possible and u won't lose board control unless ur opponent gets good removal. I run the legendary ramp deck here at icy veins. I can't tell u everything here, so you should friend me and play me. What part of the world are u in cuz if u live in like China then I will never get to play u because we will be 12 hours apart.

Ok so here's the deal: I've spent hundreds of dollars on hearthstone. I thought that if I had better cards, I'd be able to build better decks and climb to legend status in the ranked game mode. I look on icy veins and hearthpwn for decks, and copy them to a tee. I use the ones that say they can make it to legend. I've been playing A LOT, even with the "super" decks, but I still can't win. I can't make it past rank 18.

I heard that 18 was the hardest to pass, but I'm losing against people who I'm sure haven't spent as much money or time as me. It doesn't seem like the decks really matters. I realize it is a game of luck, but (as I'm sure you know) my decks are good for most situations.

Am I doing something wrong? I can detail my play style or add you on hearthstone or something. I desperately need help. 

A guide for what strategies to use, an actual good deck list, or anything else that you think may help would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I play as druid mostly (my favorite) but I also like mage, then hunter, then warrior.

It appears that you lack game knowledge, having many good cards and copying decks wont make you learn the game, if you do not know the basics. By basics i mean efficient trades, when to trade, when not to trade, game plan, playing to win, playing not to lose, when to gamble, playing around certain cards like aoes or single target removals etc.  You could spend thousands on the game, have all the cards, but if you don`t know the principles of the game, it`s pointless. Most people learn them by watching streams or reading articles about the game. You should have a look at these http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/mechanics-guideand http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/why-am-i-losing-in-hearthstone

Edited by Ottigan
  • Like 1

As other threads have discussed, how you play is ultimately more important than the cards available to you. Even decks comprised entirely of beginner cards can get to the mid-to-early-teens in Ranked Mode. Icy Veins has some helpful beginner guides you could read (as do many other sites). After that it's a matter of practicing and getting better. You need to be very familiar and comfortable with your own deck, but you also need to be familiar with your opponents decks in order to anticipate their moves (something I still need to improve on myself). You must really enjoy the game to have spent so much money on it, so keep trying and have fun!