FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kaboozey

T15 Set Bonuses

I've been a lurker here for almost a month now. I've found advice, play style tips, and encounter stratagies here (espeically Zagam) invaluable. Figured I'd finally add to the discussion:

2-Piece:

While Dark Soul is active, your chance to trigger Nightfall is increased by 30%, Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn consume 20% less Embers, and abilities cost 30% less Demonic Fury.

4-Piece:

Your Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul deal 5% more periodic damage, your Incinerate has a 8% chance to generate twice the normal Embers, and your Shadow Bolt and Soul Fire grant 5% more Demonic Fury.

I can't comment on the Destruction portion, since I simply haven't played the spec at 90 yet.

Affliction 2P certainly isn't strong enough to break T14 4P if you have it. It's fairly weak in my opinion. On the other hand, a 30% reduction on Demonic Fury abilities is pretty substantial. Touch of Chaos for a measly 28 Fury? Buy 3, get 1 free!

The 4P seems entirely unexciting all around. Static percent bonus damages usually aren't. I'm don't think the Affliction 5% on your channel spells would come close to matching the damage of well managed DoTs with the 1m20s CD Dark Soul T14 bonus. Still, it's better than the Demo side of things: 5% more Demonic Fury gained on Bolts n' Burns. Really? 5% of 25 (Shadow Bolt) and 30 (Soul Fire) is 1.25 and 1.5 respectively. I'm not sure if the game would round up the 1.5 to 2, but this would need to be brought up to 10% or even 15% bonus Fury for me to even begin caring. Better yet, let the 5% effect ALL Demonic Fury gains. Not just Bolts n' Burns. They're clearly trying to push us toward using a pet considering the Sacrifice nerfs and Demo buffs.

Let's say you got REALLY lucky getting back to back Soul Burn procs... enough for 30 of them. Without the bonus, you'd have 900 Demonic Fury. With it, you'd have 945. You could cast a single extra Soul Burn and nearly have the same amount with the bonus. By the time you're done casting all this crap, your CD on Dark Soul would have been back up and you'd be better off in Meta saving yourself 30% on those spell casts instead.

Edited by Kaboozey

I am thoroughly disappointed with these bonuses. I'm actually going to be talking to some other people on how valuable it would be to keep the T14 bonuses as they are CLEARLY superior to the crap they put out for T15.

The crappy part about the 2pc bonus is it is only applicable for 20 seconds every 2 minutes, since we'll lose the 4 set bonus from T14. So you're looking at an overall impact of 16% of the fight with a bonus that is rather crappy to begin with.

The 4pc is just embarrassing...Drain Soul and MG combined to be 14% of my total damage on fights. A 5% lift here is marginal at best. Even Demonology's bonus with the 5% more Demonic Fury...Shadowbolt and Soulfire give 25 DF, so now they'll give...26?! Or they could round up and give 27. Really lackluster tier bonuses in my opinion. Let's hope the datamining was incorrect for Warlock set bonuses.

What's our options then in your opinion? All I can think of is to hoard valor until you get heroic T14 set pieces and upgrade those to 517 ilvl to minimalize the stat losses that would be incurred from keeping "lesser" gear. Any idea of what the ilvl's will be at for T15? Obviously if the gap is too large, that method won't work.

If they made the 5% to MG and DS also apply to the extra DoT ticks, then it would become viable, but so far, I think Kaboozey has hit the nail on the head with upgrading the T14HC items...

So NOT impressed blizzard :(

Only good thing about this is that its months away. hopefully a little love will come its way before 5.2 release.

Warlock

• Fel Armor has a significant typo in its tooltip; we added the 10% damage reduction and took away the armor. The health and healing received are still increases, not decreases.

• The new Glyph of Unstable Affliction reduces the cast time, but does not affect the GCD. Thus, it is not a DPS gain in a purely Patchwerk situation, but makes it harder to be interrupted, and allows you to start moving again slightly faster.

• The Affliction Warlock 4T15 bonus increases the damage of Malefic Grasp itself, and the extra ticks triggered by it. Same with Drain Soul.

From Ghostcrawler. Now the 4T15 bonus looks INCREDIBLE. Flat 5% DPS gain.

Warlock

• Fel Armor has a significant typo in its tooltip; we added the 10% damage reduction and took away the armor. The health and healing received are still increases, not decreases.

• The new Glyph of Unstable Affliction reduces the cast time, but does not affect the GCD. Thus, it is not a DPS gain in a purely Patchwerk situation, but makes it harder to be interrupted, and allows you to start moving again slightly faster.

• The Affliction Warlock 4T15 bonus increases the damage of Malefic Grasp itself, and the extra ticks triggered by it. Same with Drain Soul.

If it scale with Gosac the dot dmg will be higher than now in 5.1

I'm quite disapointed with Glyph of UA, for PVP worth it, but in PVE I will prefer a defensive Glyph like Soul Stone or Health Stone.

I take Soulstone as it is now so my Druid doesn't have to stop healing to battle res or so that my DK tank doesn't have to blow 50 RP to get someone up.

Warlock

Okaaaay... no idea if this was clarified by GC before my last post... If it was, apologies... if it wasnt, then I must have had my psychic head on.....

Also, regarding glyphs, theres no reason NOT to take glyph of soulstone. No other glyph improves your utility as much as this one.

Edited by Boradan

Another update from Ghostcrawler:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=7#new-post

Warlock

- With the 2pc, an Incinerate crit has an 8% chance to generate 4/10 of an ember. Yes, this will apply to Fire and Brimstone Incinerates.

- We are strongly considering allowing Dark Intent to provide Stamina so that warlocks don't feel like they must use their imp.

The imp one is interesting I guess. I can't say I've ever really felt pressured to use the imp, but my raid almost always has a warrior or priest. I assume that would mean Blood Pact would go away or be changed into something else. I'd prefer the 5% haste buff, that one is harder to get in a 10-man...But that's more of a general '5.2 comment' as opposed to one about set bonuses.

http://us.battle.net...page=7#new-post

The imp one is interesting I guess. I can't say I've ever really felt pressured to use the imp, but my raid almost always has a warrior or priest.

my guild is just getting our feet wet with guild challenges. that proposed change with stam to DI would mean a lot to me

my guild is just getting our feet wet with guild challenges. that proposed change with stam to DI would mean a lot to me

Oh yeah, I never even thought of it in terms of challenge modes. Definitely a nice bonus there. And extra stamina is always nice in PvP too.

For challenge modes you should be using the 8% stam scroll and 4% stat scroll if you don't have war/priest or pally/druid/monk

How much does the glyph of UA reduce the cast time by? I don't understand how it's not a dps gain, refreshing UA is the most frequent cast I do out of the 3 dots, speeding that up means I can get back to MG'ing sooner.

I take Soulstone as it is now so my Druid doesn't have to stop healing to battle res or so that my DK tank doesn't have to blow 50 RP to get someone up.

doing the walk of shame here with me proly being one of the few who thinks at himself and uses the life tap glyph Posted Image on my defense i can say i'm taking care as much as possible NOT to lt when i take dmg also from the encounters so they won't have to heal me like twice as much or so until the debuff wears off ... but in the zagam style i expect an answer like :

"so for your own personal benefit of making sure u wont fuck up by lt-ing too much u take this and make your healers sometimes heal u twice as much ...tsk tsk"

but but rly is useful in pvp too :P

ok now i feel much better with this weight off my shoulders Posted Image

Edited by vldsb

For challenge modes you should be using the 8% stam scroll and 4% stat scroll if you don't have war/priest or pally/druid/monk

How much does the glyph of UA reduce the cast time by? I don't understand how it's not a dps gain, refreshing UA is the most frequent cast I do out of the 3 dots, speeding that up means I can get back to MG'ing sooner.

gief insta cast of UA but yeah ... my 4th grade math capabilities don't grasp either why this wont be a dps gain

gief insta cast of UA but yeah ... my 4th grade math capabilities don't grasp either why this wont be a dps gain

Because it doesn't reduce the global cooldown of UA.

So without the glyph, your casts might look like this:

0.0 -- Agony (1.5 GCD begins)

1.5 -- Corruption (1.5 GCD begins)

3.0 -- Begin Casting UA (1.5 GCD begins)

4.5 -- UA Finishes Casting, Begin Channeling Malefic Grasp

And with the glyph, it would look like this:

0.0 -- Agony (1.5 GCD begins)

1.5 -- Corruption (1.5 GCD begins)

3.0 -- Begin Casting UA (1.5 GCD begins)

4.2 -- UA Finishes Casting, Still in GCD, Can't Begin Channeling Malefic Grasp

4.5 -- Begin Channeling Malefic Grasp

It's really just a glyph to help get casts off uninterrupted in PvP.

• The tier-14 2-piece set bonus now causes Dark Soul to incresae the duraton of Haunt by 4 seconds (instead of the previous Nightfall modifier). This note is incorrect, as the change applies to the tier-15 set being released in 5.2.
I had a panic attack several times over misreading this heap of junk. First changing our T15, then changing our T14.

I hope it's gone.

Red.

Edited by jazzycakes

http://us.battle.net...page=7#new-post

The imp one is interesting I guess. I can't say I've ever really felt pressured to use the imp, but my raid almost always has a warrior or priest. I assume that would mean Blood Pact would go away or be changed into something else. I'd prefer the 5% haste buff, that one is harder to get in a 10-man...But that's more of a general '5.2 comment' as opposed to one about set bonuses.

I would love to see a 5% spell haste bonus added to DI. It may be for selfish reasons, but the only three (with the exception of a sporebat) classes that give haste are hybrid classes. I run in a 10 man group and it's extremely hard to find a spell haste for us. The stronger healers this time around seem to be those hyrbrid classes. Our hunter has to use a melee haste buff pet. Me, our mage and our healers went the first 2 months of raiding without spell haste. It's a hard buff to find for ten man.