FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zultan

Trinket Question

I've seen conflicting opinions about the Sandman's Pouch (crafted trinket). Some are saying that it is close to BiS pre-Mythic while other's are saying it is underwhelming due to low proc rate. Was wondering if anyone had any specifics about how good it actually is and is it worth crafting? Thanks.

Edited by Zultan

I wasn't lucky on Fragment so far, so I'm wearing DSI HC and Sandman's 715 actually (replaced Mythic GSR with it).

We hadn't the best start in HFC, so we're only at 2 Mythic yet, but I outdamageded our other Warlock (higher ilvl, Fragment) on both bosses. I like it, especially because of it's 2 min internal CD, lines up great with DS.

But I wouldn't have upgraded to 715 if I wouldn't own a ton of ingame gold, If Sandman's is any better than most HC trinkets it's not that much. I'm quite sure I'm going to run DSI HC + Fragment HC as soon as I get it.

Oh and of course when you're not playing Destro Sandman's is.... just crap.

I've seen conflicting opinions about the Sandman's Pouch (crafted trinket). Some are saying that it is close to BiS pre-Mythic while other's are saying it is underwhelming due to low proc rate. Was wondering if anyone had any specifics about how good it actually is and is it worth crafting? Thanks.

The only reason why it's so high up for destruction is because it stacks up with legendary ring proc. Same reason why mythic Shards of Nothing from Highmaul is better than most heroic HFC trinkets including FDS.

Trinket questions here. I have the following trinkets and I'm not sure what's best for affliction and destro: (I swap depending on fight)

DUT-mythic

BMC-mwf

GSR-heroic

CSP-705

Simcraft results tell me for destro: GSR/CSP

Simcraft results for aff: DUT/CSP

Maybe that's correct, but BMC mythic warforged has insane intellect on it that it hurts to lose. And I thought it might edge out CSP. Ideas?

The sims I've seen are suggesting the same as you.

BMC probably falls behind a bit because of the proc - multistrike isn't horrible, but it's not necessarily fantastic either.  And CSP has a lot of good stats.

Leaving sims aside - I personally find that trinkets with a stacking buff are a bit harder to work with: to really max it out perfectly you need your Chaos Bolt (or Haunt or Demon Bolt or whatever) to go off right at the last stack.     And with the other options - you want to time your Chaos Bolt dumps for Destruction with GSR, not BMC.  

You may also want to keep fight mechanics in mind - you might find that having the passive boost from CSP is better for you personally or easier to work with than another proc trinket which might go off when you can't use it, or when you're waiting for GSR or DUT to proc.