FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Quebx

Needing Help with Destro DPS

Hi all.

I have been playing Destro for a while, but my DPS seems to be really struggling lately and I'm not sure why. 

I have some logs from our last raid. However, my logs for Iron Reaver aren't accurate because I dc'd during the first air phase, so it shows my DPS as a lot lower than it was before I disconnected :<

My toon in the logs is Syrayline.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BmJy1FwbGarARXYK#fight=13

I have been trying to line up my CB casts with my procs, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. Possibly Immolate uptime?

Any advice would be great.

I'm also thinking of gearing up Affliction just so I can switch in between fights. Is this recommended, or is there not much difference between the two currently? I've just read a lot of conflicting information.

Thanks in advance :>

I've just read a lot of conflicting information.

What's conflicting?  Most people will never tell you to stick yourself into one spec forever and always.  You're a pure DPS class - you should be fully prepared to swap to a spec that will maximize the only thing you do in encounters - damage.  There is usually a difference between specs on fights.  

My bad, not so much that I've read conflicting information regarding how both are performing, just that everyone I ask gives a wildly different answer. When I say what I've been told about X spec being better for X fight or whatever, it's, "no, listen to me, I'm right" etc etc.

I would strongly suggest utilizing Warcraftlogs and going to their boss-by-boss analysis of which specs do better on each fight to see unbiased, calculated proof of how well some specs are doing on fights.  Keep in mind, however, that some specs have a niche on certain fights that make them look better or worse than their actual role on the fight.  For example, Destruction would do better than Affliction at nuking down Felpuppies and Doomfire on Archimonde while Affliction likely does better numbers if allowed to tunnel on the boss.  WCL may show Affliction better (don't know, haven't looked).  

You can augment the percentile of the players performing to see what you would likely do on certain fights based on your skill level.  I can tell you that over 70% of all parses for all difficulties have been Destruction, but you'll see a shift soon going towards Affliction with the buff.  Affliction's buff was vastly superior to Destruction's and they were pretty close single target before. 

That's really interesting, thanks for the tip. 

I never thought of gong to Warcraft logs and seeing the information there. Didn't actually know it was possible.