FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
VenerableTurkey

Need DPS and rotation help

Just came back from a 2 year hiatus. I've decided to play with Grimoire of Service and Demonic Servitude with my destro lock because CR and GoS are a little too random with your rotation and it had no rhythm to me.

Here is a link to my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Torycmain/advanced

Most guides I've found are catered to using Sacrifice and CR so I'm not sure how to manage embers without the buff to ember generation from CR. I can't seem to break from 22-27k DPS. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or if my gear sucks. Anyone have any pointers for how to raid well in this patch using Servitude and Service?

So let's refocus here.

1. You made a decision to come back.

2. You made a decision on talents with questionable "reasons" followed by a personal lack of "rhythm" to the rotation.

3. You read that guides are pushing for CR + GoSac and ignore this.

4. You site your lackluster DPS and then question your output despite ignoring the correct inputs.

5. You ask for pointers in playing suboptimal setups.  

For step 1, welcome back.

For step 2, your reasons are unjustified.  There is no randomness to your rotation.  It's just faster.  As for rhythm, that comes with practice.  If you could just pick up a class and master it, no one would ever need help.

For step 3, feel free to play as you like, but don't expect to get advice on how to play suboptimal setups.

For step 4, your DPS analysis can only come from logs.  Armories do nothing to depict what abilities you're using, how well you're using them, and your syncronization with cooldowns, trinkets, and mechanics.

For step 5, read step 3.

• Like 1

So let's refocus here.

1. You made a decision to come back.

2. You made a decision on talents with questionable "reasons" followed by a personal lack of "rhythm" to the rotation.

3. You read that guides are pushing for CR + GoSac and ignore this.

4. You site your lackluster DPS and then question your output despite ignoring the correct inputs.

5. You ask for pointers in playing suboptimal setups.  

For step 1, welcome back.

For step 2, your reasons are unjustified.  There is no randomness to your rotation.  It's just faster.  As for rhythm, that comes with practice.  If you could just pick up a class and master it, no one would ever need help.

For step 3, feel free to play as you like, but don't expect to get advice on how to play suboptimal setups.

For step 4, your DPS analysis can only come from logs.  Armories do nothing to depict what abilities you're using, how well you're using them, and your syncronization with cooldowns, trinkets, and mechanics.

For step 5, read step 3.

Hey, thanks a lot for that advice, buddy.

You should really be going CR + GoSac at your item level. If you're not used to its playstyle, then dungeon, training dummy, lfr. Just get yourself used to it. Practice makes perfect.

I'd say go read SummonStone if you're really not going to play CR + GoSac. They cover using the other talents.

However your dps is still going to suffer with not using the best talent choices available.