FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ralwn

Mirror of the Blademaster

How should I use this trinket?

What are the mechanics behind its usage? E.g. what stats / buffs does it scale especially well with?

I just got it (I'm mainly combat) and was wondering how I should best apply this trinket. Right off the bat I macro'd it into Killing Spree but noticed on a target dummy that with 2pc/2pc, my KS was consistently coming up at 6-8 seconds left on trinket CD so the two don't line up perfectly. I imagine blade flurry being on would likely let the two have compatible cd lengths but it just doesn't seem optimal.

Should I just make a new hotkey for it and use it on CD? Should I delay its usage for any specific CDs?

I did notice that using this trinket lets pretty much any rogue spec solo 20 stacks in kilrogg portals... are there any other fights I should be aware of for its use? (The adds in the kilrogg portal phase tend to aggro onto the clones instead of you, so they have a dual purpose as damage soaks)

How should I use this trinket?

What are the mechanics behind its usage? E.g. what stats / buffs does it scale especially well with?

The trinket summons 4 dudes that bladestorm around  your target, and counted as pets, meaning they scale with pretty much every stat (haste makes  them hit faster/more often, they can crit/ms, and agi increases the damage of each hit).

• Like 1

Since it profits from your stats using it with other selbuffs seems generally good but I would advise against using it in a macro since its dependancy on a fully stationary target restricts its use at times.

Also killing spree seems to be more of a "special attack" than a  stats buff so it may not interact.

• Like 1

You mostly use it on fights where there's a bunch of people clumped up - like Air phase for Iskar.

It doesn't do a lot on single target, but the added damage on adds is quite high - it's as much as 12% of my total damage on Iskar or Xhul

That said, you should have it bound independently and use it when appropriate - your other cooldowns should be used even on Single Target, but you really should save it as often as possible for a grouped phase

• Like 1

I have to say i don't really like this trinket. The Blademaster Illusions are stationary, so whenever the Boss moves i get mad :p

You could either use it on CD or wait for a stationary Phase. You don't get the full potential out of the trinket either way.

As Carrn already mentioned, use it for AoE fights. I like to use it for Bloodfiend aswell, since he cannot move. That's about 6% total damage on Bloodfiend. As soon as i get a better one i will use that instead however. : |