FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Foulclaw

Another Affliction Warlock needs help!

So I am at the stage now where I have 4 heroic bosses down in MV and 16/16 on normal.

I can usually pull out some good/great DPS on most fights, however I feel for my current gear I should be pushing higher. I have tried using simcraft, and seen what I should be doing, but I feel I can only occasionally sustain that.

http://www.worldoflo...2000/character/

My character's name is Foulclaw, feel free to take a look at the Combat Logs. I do not upload them myself, so therefore a couple of the phased fights are not normalised.

For example last night I managed to burst 211k DPS on Gara'jal HC at the start (Which I'm sure most people do more in my gear), which I felt was a pretty good opener. However afterwards was only able to sustain a max of 96k on him. (According to my meter). Which is not good enough.

What am I missing? Is my soul shard management bad? Should I go back to AV for that extra boost? Is my gear completely wrongly gemmed/reforged? Please help. I want to be ranking every fight, not getting 60%'s.

I will answer any questions, if I haven't put enough information here.

Edited by Foulclaw

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Foulclaw/advanced

maybe hit the haste threshold of 4717. i dont think i quite understand how you're not hitting that given your gear.

or is it that you have a different trink besides that alchemist stone, and i just don't see it on currently?

I'm currently using AMR, maybe too blindly. That is my current trinket as it Sims far higher than anything else I've got. I could buy the shieldwall one, but I'm not sure if it's worth it over a few more upgrades on gear.

I will try the haste threshold, but I'm not too sure if it would be that great a DPS increase. I just feel there is something I am missing....Maybe this is it.

I'm currently using AMR, maybe too blindly. That is my current trinket as it Sims far higher than anything else I've got. I could buy the shieldwall one, but I'm not sure if it's worth it over a few more upgrades on gear.

a non-upgraded shieldwall trink is bad compared to alchemist stone, yes, but it can be upgraded twice.

from the trinket thread

http://www.icy-veins...ction-trinkets/

18) Static-Caster's (upgrade2) = 7613 DPS

19) LFR Essence (upgrade1) = 7516 DPS

20) LFR Cosmos (upgrade1) = 7409 DPS

21) Static-Caster's (upgrade1) = 7225 DPS

22) LFR Essence (upgrade0) = 7200 DPS

23) LFR Cosmos (upgrade0) = 7189 DPS

24) Alchemist Stone (upgrade1) = 7121 DPS

25) Alchemist Stone (upgrade0) = 7093 DPS

26) Static-Caster's (upgrade0) = 6880 DPS

edit: i also notice you don't have any tier.

can anyone weigh in if there is an advantage to having a two piece/four piece bonus vs a higher item level piece?

Edited by Gravyspasm

Ah brilliant, I'll take that into consideration.

I was also wondering, what would be the best way for me to find out what the best gems are for me atm? I really don't trust AMR atm.

Just noticed your tier comment. I literally only have 1 piece from LFR. The rest has gone to healers. (Paladin and priest).

I may find myself with some next week, but yet again I have a higher iLevel on most, but is the boost worth it?

I have to be honest - considering how far you are along content-wise and your ilvl, you my man have some god awful luck. No Cosmos. No 4-piece. Not even 2-piece!

Ah brilliant, I'll take that into consideration.

I was also wondering, what would be the best way for me to find out what the best gems are for me atm? I really don't trust AMR atm.

From what i understand all your gem solutions are spot on. the only one i would take issue with is your gloves since the socket bonus is +crit

but seeing as how you still need to pick up that 160 hit somewhere, may as well be there.

i started to poke around at your reforges and gems if you were to hit the 4717 mark, but unlike some of the other solutions i've worked, your gear seems really....wonky. i don't usually see this kind of resistance in the math lining up so i dunno what's going on.

i started to poke around at your reforges and gems if you were to hit the 4717 mark, but unlike some of the other solutions i've worked, your gear seems really....wonky. i don't usually see this kind of resistance in the math lining up so i dunno what's going on.

To be fair, it looks like he has 6 different armor pieces with crit built in. That makes it a lot harder.

To be fair, it looks like he has 6 different armor pieces with crit built in. That makes it a lot harder.

yeah, but i like that sometimes cause it gives me another stat to play around with. if it was all hit and haste/mastery then i'd be harder pressed for a solution.

speaking of which,

Posted Image

This was done with the idea of hitting 4717 haste and still maintaining your hitcap.

changes are as follows

Head, Hands, waist and legs got a new green gem (lightning)

legs get new purple gem Accurate Imperial Amethyst

head got a new reforge crit > haste

ring 1 is now crit > haste

doing this causes you to lose 1000 mastery, but pick that up in haste to take you to the threshold.

Yeah I have had pretty bad luck when it comes to the tier pieces. And even still trinket drops too. But I'll keep plodding along haha!

Wow, that's a lot of effort there Gravy, thank you so much. I am going to test that out on Sundays raid to see if I can grab that extra boost with the Haste Cap.

I will definitely report back here and let you know how I get along.