FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Enzyte

New Shadow Priest, kinda lost

Hi, I just got on my priest and I'd like to get into raiding, Mythic dungeons and challenge Modes.

However I have the Clarity of Power as my last talent. I'm not even sure if it's a  good choice for start? If so, all my rotation is like to spam Mind Spike + Mind Blast and DP when I have 3 orbs and that's it?

Am I missing something?

I don't think linking armory would help, because my gear is utterly bad, have some 6.0 PvP pieces and some HC Dungeon items.

COP is the standard talent for sustained single-target damage. In HFC, however, this will usually not be the optimal build because there are so few single-target fights. VE is good on fights that involve two targets; AS is currently the talent of choice in most encounters in HFC. Don't ignore your L90 talent either, as on some encounters it will be your #1 damaging ability.

COP is the standard talent for sustained single-target damage. In HFC, however, this will usually not be the optimal build because there are so few single-target fights. VE is good on fights that involve two targets; AS is currently the talent of choice in most encounters in HFC. Don't ignore your L90 talent either, as on some encounters it will be your #1 damaging ability.

for lvl 90 do you recommend cascade or divine star? I know halo can be good but you have to be just far enough away for it to do the most damage and I usually end up missing (or is there an addon that helps with that?)

for lvl 90 do you recommend cascade or divine star? I know halo can be good but you have to be just far enough away for it to do the most damage and I usually end up missing (or is there an addon that helps with that?)

Pretty sure cascade is generally recommended for level 90 talents, but halo can be pretty good for burst aoe if you can "aim" is right. As far as addons go to help with this, there's halopro which shows a bar that changes color based on whether or not you're at the optimal range to use it from your target.