FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NorthCoast

Warlock help and advice please?

So recently I started Hearthstone (2 weeks ago) and I have had my most success with Warlock (lvl 22). I create a deck that I play with but I am unsure as to what I should add, remove or change entirely (and why I should do this) as well as any other deck builds.

Note: I do not have any legendaries - thanks in advance for your help.

This is my current deck:

x1 Power Overwhelming

x1Blood Imp

x1 Flame Imp

x2 Voidwalker

x2 Demonfire

x1 Dire Wolf

x2 Succubus

x1 Sense Demons

x1 Shadow Bolt

x1 Felguard

x2 Shattered Sun Cleric

x2 Void Terror

x1 Hellfire

x1 Imp-Iosion

x2 Sen'jin Shieldmasta

x1 Floating Watcher

x1 Venture Co. Mercenary

x1 Siphon Soul

x2 Dread Infernal

x1 Lord of the Arena

x1 Ravenholdt Assasin

x1 Sea Giant

For a basic deck, this seems quite solid to me. I would suggest replacing the void terrors, as you have no prime targets for them (they work pretty good with the Nerubian egg, for example, otherwise you mostly replace minions without much additional effect.) Maybe another Flame Imp and 1 or even 2 abusive seargeants could take their place. Also, I am not a big fan of Succubus, but I think that is personal. Other than that, I would probably add some cards that benefit or add power to the board presence you achieve with this deck. So maybe Stormwind Champions instead of the Assassin and the Lord of the Arena and (if you have access to them) you could also put Knife Jugglers in the deck.

Finally, I would suggest to have a look at the crafting guide on this page and the basic deck and the zoo deck suggested here. There you will also find some hints on improving your general game plan with this type of deck

• Like 1

Felguard is quite bad, since it slows you down. I would recommend Defender of Argus in its place.
Since 3/2 are more popular than 2/3, the Succubus gets taken out by minion with same cost without drawback. If you want to buff it with Demonfire, you would have to wait till turn 4 and hope you don´t discard the demonfire. Knife jugglers would be probably a better choice.

Ravenholdt is too slow, Lord of the Arena is too weak, so add 2 Champions, just as Horn said.

Good luck

So recently I started Hearthstone (2 weeks ago) and I have had my most success with Warlock (lvl 22). I create a deck that I play with but I am unsure as to what I should add, remove or change entirely (and why I should do this) as well as any other deck builds.

Note: I do not have any legendaries - thanks in advance for your help.

This is my current deck:

x1 Power Overwhelming
x1Blood Imp
x1 Flame Imp
x2 Voidwalker
x2 Demonfire
x1 Dire Wolf
x2 Succubus
x1 Sense Demons
x1 Shadow Bolt
x1 Felguard
x2 Shattered Sun Cleric
x2 Void Terror
x1 Hellfire
x1 Imp-Iosion
x2 Sen'jin Shieldmasta
x1 Floating Watcher
x1 Venture Co. Mercenary
x1 Siphon Soul
x2 Dread Infernal
x1 Lord of the Arena
x1 Ravenholdt Assasin
x1 Sea Giant

Hey, i would remove Blood Imp, Sense Demons, Shadowbolt, Felguard, Ravenholdt and Lord of the Arena simply because they are too slow or too poor board impact wise. Try to go with faster, higher value cards like Nerubian Eggs, Argus, Imp Gang Boss, 2nd Flame Imp, 2nd Dire Wolf and maybe Mortal Coil, Darkbomb, 2nd Power Overwhelming :)