Nalar 0 Report post Posted August 3, 2015 hi all , just asking is there a 'trick' to use the charred remains talent , I seem to not be able to use this properly and fail miserably in HFC fights? thanks in advance , Nalar Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted August 3, 2015 There are no tricks. Are you ember capping or forgetting to FnB Chaos Bolt? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Nalar 0 Report post Posted August 3, 2015 Thanks for the quick reply liquid, on aoe fights like hellfire assault, I'm doing terrible dps and cannot seem to get to grips with Charred remains properly, obviously without logs you can only do so much, I don't think I'm capping , but I only use C'B when I hit 4 embers, should I do it a little earlier?. Regards Nalar Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted August 3, 2015 100% yes. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Zilthy 36 Report post Posted August 3, 2015 Waiting for 4 embers puts you in to capping. For FnB Chaos Bolt you only need to have 3 embers (2 for the CB and 1 remaining to rebuild with conflag/incinerate). I have issues with the same type of fight (Assault, Xhul and Manoroth), different reason though. For me, I lose a lot changing targets so rapidly. Time for a target macro on those I think. :) But definitely don't hit 4 embers. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
spikeysquad 50 Report post Posted August 3, 2015 4 embers is the limit so you are capping and wasting resources. Try 3 instead to CB on. Or even less gear permitting. Just to be clear Assault is only an AoE fight if it is safely on farm. Priority target damage matters more usually, Aye, without logs it is hard to say what your personal issues are but the main ones I see time and time again are: Weak opener Low DoT uptime. Low CB usage (usually due to capping or just from not building properly) Low amounts of CB in during buffs Lack of embers generated for nuke phases Low F&B CB usage Not aligning procs, potion and CDs etc Not using DS enough or at the best times in the fight Low SB sniping (mouseover macro with obvious nameplates is a must to really win) Low Havoc usage and then not using all your charges each time. Not using your tools to cope with movement Some are just general Destro issues, some are more CR related. Good luck. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Nalar 0 Report post Posted August 3, 2015 ok , so I am capping then , that makes sense, I recently got GSR hc version, the macro im using at the moment is /cast fire and brimstone /cast immolate and that helps me a lot with initiating with the AoE , looks like im going to go back to the drawing board with destro. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted August 3, 2015 Just make sure if you're AoEing (and AoEing is the right action to make) that you don't drop under 1 ember. It destroys your damage. If you open with FnB Immolate at 3 embers, be sure to Incinerate before you Chaos Bolt or you'll end up at 0 embers and do zero damage for 10 seconds. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Nalar 0 Report post Posted August 3, 2015 well i know you guys hate amr loggs but this is the best i have found http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/eu/bloodhoof/nalar regards Nalar Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
spikeysquad 50 Report post Posted August 4, 2015 You can always record your own logs Nalar and yes sorry I cannot read those. Do you have a keybind for F&B without the Immolate? For my group say on Kormrok hands die way too quick so when Destro I kick off with a F&B CB and then it's pretty much SB spam from there (with a pre-casted Havoc). I guess I'm saying it's helpful if you have a choice in what you can cast. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drkdragon 9 Report post Posted August 4, 2015 One handy feature I like about AMR is the comparison tool. You and another lock in your raid You and another lock with similar gear Hope those charts help. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Zilthy 36 Report post Posted August 4, 2015 @Drkdragon warcraftlogs has a comparison tool too, much more in depth results available. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Nalar 0 Report post Posted August 4, 2015 Looks like I'm failing full stop in destro spec Back to the drawing board. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drkdragon 9 Report post Posted August 5, 2015 @Drkdragon warcraftlogs has a comparison tool too, much more in depth results available. Oh I agree and I always use Warcraft logs. I just think the visual aid that AMR gives you in its comparison tool is neat. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Nalar 0 Report post Posted August 5, 2015 1more thing should I run charred remains with go sac or go sup with demonic servitude as I don't have any tier set bonus?. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Nalar 0 Report post Posted August 7, 2015 Wow thank you so much , it's been really helpful The last post , I used to be a clicker but only recently changed to keybind's, I mainly use weak auras as my main add-on and of course I use elvui, will take on board everything you have mentioned, going to do more that 1 LFR a week I don't know if it's appropriate any more but I still use But will take on everything you posted here thank you again?. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites