FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sargerik

resto help

As im new to the resto class and im looking to make the switcht o a full time druid from maining my hunter , id really love some feed back as to how im preforming as a healer.

Now i know i have some issues as im overhealing by a large margin and i still have gear thats bear / kitty stats ( just my back piece at this point ) so please keep that in mind as im working to replace them.

This is my armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Sargerik/simple

This is my logs and many of them from lfr as i try to get a better understanding of how to play my druid : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7WNmGAZxBD2CP6ck/#fight=40

please feel free to be as honest as you can be i have thick skin ...... well maybe not to honest..

Hello, Sargerik!

It's a bit problematic to give advices relying on LFR logs but I'll try to do my best.

Looking at your Armory, you don't have any enchant on the weapon. I believe that you going to replace it but still..

Your trinkets are not good. Crit is far from best for a resto druid. While you can use Spyglass trinket for its Int, the other one with a bit of Spirit and Crit is just bad. If you are very unlucky with loot, I would advice to buy a Baleful trinket token and open it in Balance loot spec (not in resto!). In this case you will at least get Intellect.

Regarding enchants and gems: I see that you put everything in Haste. It's fine in theory but you should be aware that there is another possibility of geming and enchanting in Mastery (it will make you Tranq and direct heals stronger). You don't have to change anything on your current level of gear and raiding but be aware of a possibility.

Logs:

Two things that you should check:

1. You have a Germination talent but the second Rejuv is not much in use.

2. You have a Dream of Cenarius talent but hardly cast Wrath.

Uptimes:

Once more, LFR logs are not a good source for checking spells uptime so I'll just point at spells what you should pay attention.

Harmony buff uptime should be as close to 100% as possible, Rejuvination, Hermination, Lifebloom uptime should be more than 90%.

I don't see anything problematic in your spell usage.

The only thing that I wasn't able to check is your mana management because you didn't enable Advanced Combat Logging. I see that you channel Mana potion in every fight - are you going OOM even in fights that are shorter than 6 min?

At this point, mastery is only really better for mana management or getting bigger tranqs. Haste is better if you're use to managing mana well or have a lot of spirit. Yea it's great for tranq, but it's just going to make it overheal some people more.

Thank you so much for replying and im sorry i only have LFR to go on BUT yes i am having major mana issues as my trinkets do suck so not much help there , as for the two talents i will be switching DOC out for NV as im starting to get a little more comfortable with the play style . As for Germination im trying to get my double stacks  of Rejuv going so question is do i hot the raid as much as possible or should i look to hot the tanks / melee with Rejuv /Germin

I was enchanting everything with haste but if stacking mastery will help with my mana issues then thats the route i will take until i can get better gear ...

You don't need to use the second Rejuvenation for Germination to be viable, the +3sec duration is good by itself and the other level 100 talents are nearly always a loss compared to not having a talent chosen at all anyways.

The interaction between mastery and haste is very complex. Mastery is not necessarily better for mana management, unless you're spamming Regrowth (which you shouldn't). Get as much haste as possible.