FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sindle

Desto Lock Pet

I have a lvl 90 Desto Lock. I currently use the voidwalker as my pet. I have never heard a complaint or had an issue up until recently. So I figured if i wanted some good answers this would be the best place to ask.

Now, I will not claim that I am an overly experienced WoW player, I have a lot of alts, 4 of which include level 90's, but I am self taught. I only have a handful of WoW friends that are not any more knowledgable than myself. Everything I have learned is from this site, other similar sites, forums, or in game. This is my first time posting, but I knew that if I wanted some knowledgable honest answers this is where I needed to ask.

Question: Does anyone have any idea why people are giving me such flack over using my voidwalker in a dungeon? I use critline, and his dps seems to be the best out of the 4 available to me. Not to mention he is the toughest, so I prefer him. His taunt is off, and he NEVER pulls aggro. I don't know if it is inexperienced players not setting the voidwalker spells correctly, hence the pet causing an issue in dungeons, that has ruined it for the rest of us, or if it is another reason. I understand people refer to the voidwalker as a 'tanking' pet, but if he is not set up for a 'tanking' role (in dungeons) whats the big deal? Personally, I love that when the group nearly wipes, the tank and all other dps roles are dead, I can use my voidwalker to pull aggro off me, and have at times, saved the group from an entire wipe as a result... ya, nobody was bitching and complaining then! lol

Any insight is appreciated. Also, if you are Desto, I would love to know what pet you use in dungeons and why.

Thanks so much!

People give you crap in dungeons because they hide behind a computer screen and can anonymously be dicks without any reprecussions or consequences.

With that out of the way, your pet preference in 5 man dungeons means nothing. If you enjoy having a safety blanket and back up tank, go for it. If you want a ranged Imp who will make crude jokes all the time while also providing your group an extra beneficial dispel, snag him. If you like to have slightly higher DPS as well as a ranged interrupt, take your Felhunter.

The overall moral of the story is people can be douchebags. Play what makes you happy. When you start worrying about maximizing your raid DPS, come here to find helpful people who won't put you down while helping you up!

• Like 1

If you're looking for someone to say it's ok to run a void in a 5 man, it's not going to be from me.

and the class guide says to use felpuppy/observer

http://www.icy-veins...downs-abilities

i use voidlord while soling or in scenarios. (since there being an actual tank is a waste of everyone's time).

Otherwise it should be an observer/felhunter.

If you're in a run where the tank dies, your soulstone should be ready to fly out to bring them back up.

Failing that, you buy yourself time to summon by using your shadowfury/summon abyssal/infernal and unending resolve and hard cast your void.

shatter and dark bargin/dark regen/healthstone to stay alive while you kill the boss.

is there some merit to having it out. i guess, if you have people that don't know better. but with the slew of alts and time you have played this game, i don't think you're one of them.

edit: or just ignore all this and do what Zagam says. he's right tho...play how you want to play.

Edited by Gravyspasm

If you're looking for someone to say it's ok to run a void in a 5 man, it's not going to be from me.

and the class guide says to use felpuppy/observer

http://www.icy-veins...downs-abilities

i use voidlord while soling or in scenarios. (since there being an actual tank is a waste of everyone's time).

Otherwise it should be an observer/felhunter.

If you're in a run where the tank dies, your soulstone should be ready to fly out to bring them back up.

Failing that, you buy yourself time to summon by using your shadowfury/summon abyssal/infernal and unending resolve and hard cast your void.

shatter and dark bargin/dark regen/healthstone to stay alive while you kill the boss.

is there some merit to having it out. i guess, if you have people that don't know better. but with the slew of alts and time you have played this game, i don't think you're one of them.

edit: or just ignore all this and do what Zagam says. he's right tho...play how you want to play.

I really value and appreciate what you said. I am actually a person that at times, 'does not know any better' All I know is what has worked for me, and I tend to go with it. If it isn't broke don't fix it right? lol However, you made some good points and I thank you for that.

I shud have mentioned that my Lock is merely a PVP alt, I do however run dungeons to up my pve gear for dailys.

I don't know about you, but I want to blast through dungeons as quickly as feasibly possible. I like tanks that pull as many as possible as quickly as possible. While being very new to playing a Lock, I'm not remotely new to the game. That said, whether I actually need gear, or I'm just there for Valor - I choose the most efficient path. Voidwalker simply isn't down that road. Big Blue makes an appearance for me with Brawler's Guild or some elite mob where a Felhunter just doesn't cut it for some reason (I dungeon as Demo). That's it. When you hit queue for dungeon, you essentially summoned your personal tank in the form another class. Why summon a backup?

Or from another viewpoint: In your sig you comment on making 10-11K a day. Do you do this in some unconventional way or have you developed and honed a very efficient method?

I don't know about you, but I want to blast through dungeons as quickly as feasibly possible. I like tanks that pull as many as possible as quickly as possible. While being very new to playing a Lock, I'm not remotely new to the game. That said, whether I actually need gear, or I'm just there for Valor - I choose the most efficient path. Voidwalker simply isn't down that road. Big Blue makes an appearance for me with Brawler's Guild or some elite mob where a Felhunter just doesn't cut it for some reason (I dungeon as Demo). That's it. When you hit queue for dungeon, you essentially summoned your personal tank in the form another class. Why summon a backup?

Or from another viewpoint: In your sig you comment on making 10-11K a day. Do you do this in some unconventional way or have you developed and honed a very efficient method?

I appreciate the points in different lights. Well taken. Thanks!

As for my gold making, I basically spent countless hours researching the gold making methods and what to sell. I maxed all proff's avail in game, and sell what I see is making money. I also sell Mog gear, Rare blue/greens, resell items and vendor items. I have 2 accounts (and 2 puters) which enables me to 'camp' the AH, list, scan, cancel, relist, rinse and repeat while playing my mains. I won't claim to 'know it all' I just know what works for me and my server but it has put me at #1 on my server and have a nice comfortable gold cushion. I do pride myself on being as honest as I can. I never list above 110% of the Wowuction Region Market Value, but at the same time patients is key, so I will not sell below 75% of the same value. I know people 'talk' about my banker across the server, and gripe that they can't stay on top of him, but nobody knows it's me so I am fine with that! lol