FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
breezecakeyum

Destro/Afflic Help

Hello,

I need some help on certain fights and overall help with tweaking up some stuff with my specs. I have been told by our RL that I am underperforming on certain fights. I also feel like I'm underperforming in raids compared with the other dps and would like some extra eyes to help look over what could be going wrong.

I would like to focus on a couple fights I feel like I'm doing not so great on. On most of the fights I will be comparing myself to our class lead-esque warlock in the guild.

My armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Dronai/advanced

and his:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Kukki/advanced

Our recent logs(in entirety for this week):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m8NY7kfWtP3MVxXh

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/PmN24MLnAvCXJ7jb

Fel Lord Zakuun (no comparison as he wasn't there):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m8NY7kfWtP3MVxXh#type=damage-done&fight=19&source=14

Tyrant Velhari:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/PmN24MLnAvCXJ7jb/PmN24MLnAvCXJ7jb#fight=17,17&type=damage-done&source=35,4

Mannaroth:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/PmN24MLnAvCXJ7jb/PmN24MLnAvCXJ7jb#type=damage-done&source=35,4&fight=27,27

and Archimonde:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/PmN24MLnAvCXJ7jb/PmN24MLnAvCXJ7jb#type=damage-done&source=35,4

and here we go. Thanks

~Dronai

Can you point me at what fights your RL says you're being under on? From what I'm seeing you look about where I would expect you to be.

You're playing at a disadvantage right off the bat since you don't have 4pc, that changes a good bit for Affi but is mind of meh for destro. Still with less gear you're *normally* going to do less DPS than the other warlock.

But on a lot of fights, such as Iskar, you're doing rather well.

Over all on Iskar you were 3mil behind Kukki, on the Fel Raven he beat you fairly soundly but he also cast Rain of Fire so he loses points in my book for even having it on his bars.

Shadow Fel Wardens you beat him by half a million

Talon Priests you lost by 700k, but again he spent 4 GCDs on Rain of Fire...did he miss the memo about it being useless? Picking the lint out of my belly button and throwing it at the boss does more damage than RoF does.

Beat you by almost a million on the Outcasts, but they are just fluff anyways and no one cares about that damage unless they want to pad/rank.

You only use Havoc twice, he only used it 3 times. Both of you should use it more. He had better trinkets, you had better uptime on DS - why is he glyphing it? I wouldn't.

Overall I would give the fight to you because of gear, trinkets, and not casting a spell so useless it almost heals the mobs.

Fel Lord you were bad. UA uptime 86%, Corruption uptime 90%, shame on you. Shame on him for his being UA 91% and Corr 93%, but more shame on you than him.

Your DS was 5% better, likely because you were DSing and not keeping DoTs up. 

Your Haunt uptime was HALF of his...34%...granted, some of this is RNG and not having the 4pc, but I feel you could have done better.

WHY IS HE CASTING SEED OF CORRUPTION ON A SINGLE TARGET FIGHT?! WHY IS HE CASTING SEED OF CORRUPTION AT ALL?! COME ON, WE HAVE GUIDES FOR THIS KIND OF STUFF. *face desk*

You had 87% uptime on SB:H buff, that could be due to Shard starving and would also be why your Haunt is low and would get helped by the 4pc but still, it is something to note.

IMO you were both kind of meh on this fight, he loses mad points because of SoC, you both lose points because of your shameful uptimes. 

He has 5ilvl on you, 4pc, and better trinkets. He only did 11k more DPS than you, so really you two were a wash.

Tyrant Velhari...

Uptimes for both of you are good...you're using an imp, I disagree with that choice but it isn't game breaking...

27daf3d76d433de2b5c605dc0e25dedd.gif

TELL HIM TO TAKE SEED OFF HIS FREAKING BARS, ONE FIGHT IS A MISCLICK, TWO FIGHTS IS JUST HERPY DERPY.

Damage on first add was good, you waited like 15 seconds to start DoTing the second add - should have been quicker on that. Still, uptimes were good.

Switch to the third add was good from both of you, uptimes good, damage good, you did 200k more than him (RNG).

Over all you guys did about even, other than the fact that he likes to seed single target, both of you did well though.

So ya...you have room to improve, but I'm not seeing any major issues like CASTING RAIN OF FIRE AND SEED. I feel your RL is incorrect in his assessment, once you considered gear and tier differences you are where I would expect to see you.

Lots of good points from Locky. 

If you are going to compare logs though Breeze I would suggest to do it with ranked players of the same fight time and not a guildy. You will learn a lot more that way though granted you have to understand the context of the damage done (aka non-progression fights tend to be full padding).

I don't think I've ever seen a lock use any pet other than an imp this tier (or Terrorguard if using DS). What would you suggest otherwise? And are you speaking of just this fight or others as well? And if it's feldog or whatever, how much dps we talking about?

I don't think I've ever seen a lock use any pet other than an imp this tier (or Terrorguard if using DS). What would you suggest otherwise? And are you speaking of just this fight or others as well? And if it's feldog or whatever, how much dps we talking about?

No, no, sorry I was unclear.

WHAT pet you use doesn't matter, that should be based off of what you need for the fight alone - such as interupt from Fel Dog, ranged DPS from Imp, a pet that will live come hell or high water like a VW, etc.

I however on single target wouldn't use a pet at all, I would use GoSac. Only if you are unable to have a high uptime on DS should you use a pet, other wise the gain from using GoSac is greater.

@Locky

He never gave any specific fights and just said I should be doing "100% percent better dps" or something along those lines because we were moving into mythics. It seems like most dps in the raid is always compared to our mages and MM hunters it seems. I also seem to be compared to the other main warlock in the raid so I just used him as a reference point.

As for the pet on Velhari, I believe I was thinking of along the lines of helping with the secondary add but now that I think of it we really don't touch the add till 70% of the bosse's health so I was wrong with that.

@spikey

Ya, I'm usually taking a look through logs for heoric encounters but most of them seem to be at incredible levels that it just seems to be impossible to reference from due to the padding. I may just be using the logs wrong though.

Guess I just need to work more at my uptimes, casting speed, and havoc more.

Edited by breezecakeyum

@Locky

He never gave any specific fights and just said I should be doing "100% percent better dps" or something along those lines because we were moving into mythics. It seems like most dps in the raid is always compared to our mages and MM hunters it seems. I also seem to be compared to the other main warlock in the raid so I just used him as a reference point.

That's just bad leadership then, nothing you can do about that. 

Using other classes as a base line for what "you" should be doing is just ignorant.

Keep reminding him that your trinkets and 4pc will make a large difference, other than that just try and improve on yourself and ignore the rest. 

Sorry to jump in late here, but I just quickly looked at the Velhari log and the biggest thing you have to focus on for Affliction is your DoT uptimes.  You're peddling around at 70-75% on your DoTs while your counterpart is clearing 99% on all of his.  Velhari is not a fight where movement or mechanics should cause your DoTs to drop at all.  

I'm not even going to look at anything beyond that.  Focus on maintaining those DoTs at 99%.  If you're doing that and your DPS still isn't where it should be then you can worry about the finer details.  

Also, since you're interested in comparisons, I would really recommend you check out the Rankings section of your logs - and check your percentile in comparison to other Warlocks within your iLvl range (Bracket % on the far right).  That's going to be a bit more of a worthwhile comparison for you and give you an indication of where you stand.  

Sorry to jump in late here, but I just quickly looked at the Velhari log and the biggest thing you have to focus on for Affliction is your DoT uptimes.  You're peddling around at 70-75% on your DoTs while your counterpart is clearing 99% on all of his.  Velhari is not a fight where movement or mechanics should cause your DoTs to drop at all.  

I think you're looking at a wipe pull, because:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/PmN24MLnAvCXJ7jb/PmN24MLnAvCXJ7jb#fight=17,17&type=damage-done&source=35,4

Clearly shows his uptimes on Val was fine.