Peepz

Blood dk transition from mastery to multistrike gear

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a few questions about BoS, legendary ring, multistrike, trinkets and general dps tips as a blood dk.

Here is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Getrekt/simple

I am currently 13/13hc thanks to pugs, not going to MM yet since my guild is still progressing through hc. I have been stacking mastery to increase my survivability and so far it worked fine for me but I will get my legendary ring next reset and the 50% bonus dmg on use appeals me, since it is on a 2mn cd I imagine that it is possible to get insane damages if paired with BoS and dps trinkets. 

Here are my few questions

•  Will BoS be a decent increase even if I do not have an optimised multistrike gear ? I can push it to 1k5 unbuffed currently
  •  If I use BoS, is it worth it to use socketed normal Hellrender (343 multistrike) instead of hc Calamity's edge ?
  •  Does a multistrike gear nerfs my mitigation by a lot compared to a mastery build ? This is my main concern, I'm scared to switch from mast to ms and be unable to tank hc properly
  •  With a mstrike build, which dps trinkets should I use out of normal EDH, normal DC and HC Pebble ?
  • What kind of pull do I have to do ? I imagine something along the lines of 6s army > 1s prepot > taunt > pop ring and DRW > BB > BB > DS > DS > BoS > unglyphed OB > ERW > DS > DS > PL > DS > BB > BB
  • I have seen a few Blood dk having 6 death runes at once, does someone know how it can be done ? Seems to be a huge gain on ST fights where you can pretty much spam DS

I know some things for sure, to reply to your points. Other more skilled thoerycrafters can fill the gaps :)

The base ring has still only 25% increase on use. The patch from Aug 5 regarding the ring has apparently not taken place. A GM assured me that "we are aware of this and are actively working on the fix" in a ticket. You can only imagine what it means.

It is still considerable boost to use the ring with BoS, but keep some things in mind. You can activate it just as well as your co-tank. Communication is the key here. It happened quite a few times, when my tank buddy pressed the button at the most inopportune moment when I had low RP, ERW on CD and few runes to get some buffer. BoS would not last more than few seconds. You need to let each other know when you are ready, if you use it as offensive CD. It is ok to use it offensively when there is no real danger, but sometimes you will learn to appreciate the defensive part (shared health pool + damage reduction). In that case, you will use it, regardless of BoS sustainability, just for smoothness or even survival.

@6 Death Runes at once: you do it by PL and BT gaming. This is not the default state of regeneration and not something you should actively seek to do, but it is possible. Say you use 2x BB in a row: one BR is depleted, the other BR is regenerating, all other runes are ready or regenerating. Use BT once and the depleted BR will become DR. You can convert the other one in the same fashion, while managing other runes to be DRs as well. There are other ways, this was just an example.

Thanks for your answer, about the ring, it won't be a problem since my cotank won't have the ring till 2 lockouts min and anyway in hc we will only use it offensively unless it is zakuun or tyrant I think. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pizzawarlock
      <In Cats We Trust> is a casual leveling guild that is recruiting new players of all levels to join us for ridiculous shenanigans and good times. Our raid team is also looking for new recruits! We raid Saturdays and Sundays 9:30 EST. Looking for heals and dps. We are friendly, helpful and love having a good time. Our members dabble in a bit of everything and are friendly to all types of players. Join us today!
      Contact mochi#1626
    • By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 8/9 H ToS....  Consistant and Dependable members! (Who can handle cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We use MUMBLE voice server, it is required and no exceptions!
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366
      ***Newest video highlighting some of our girls!****
      (We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=247413
    • By bowsersfury
      Hello, 
      I am concerned that I am severely under performing as a fury warrior. I can manage to parse typically in the 80s for almost every fight in heroic ToS with a few exceptions: Mistress, Host, Avatar. I'm currently 933 equipped and I'm not at all concerned about my stats... I know I should and could be parsing in the 90s. But I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. 

My opener looks something like this: Charge, Pop Moonglaives trinket, Pop all CDS, Raging Blow, Oden's Fury, Rampage, then start normal priority rotation: Enraged RB>100 rage Rampage>RB>BT>FS. 

I have recently discovered that I have been doing my execute phase entirely wrong. I just went and tried first two bosses of heroic ToS again. Parses went up slightly... Goroth: 83->89, Inquis:84->90 but still not where I need to be. 
      Another think I'd like to mention is that I try to prioritize Enraged RB @100 rage before hitting rampage. According to Kelade (one of top fury warriors in US), this is 100k dps difference. Although at times I find myself in an awkward situation where I'm at 100 rage with RB on CD and I literally have to wait a whole global to hit it... I'd like to know how to make that stop lol. 

Last issue I'd like to bring up is this: Most of the time not all my CDs will line up perfectly together... BC, glaives, OF will be up but Avatar will be down. I'm slightly confused about when to use All/some of my cds... especially on fights like heroic KJ. Fights like Harj and Miss I'm confused about if I should hold all my cds for adds or blow them in the beginning along with prepot... I feel like prepot is a total waste without cds...

Below you will find the link to my armory and logs. Please Help me. I need to be parsing much higher than I am. My guild is doing mythic and I don't want to be the one holding us back.  

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/bòwser
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26903184
    • By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding & social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance onto Mythic.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:

Wed: TOS Heroic
      Thurs: TOS Heroic  
      Fri: Mythic + night  
      Sat: Day of Alcohol
      Sun: TOS Mythic  
      Mon: TOS Normal  
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday  

All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events and posted in the calender.
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
    • By Nerenahlil
      I had some great help with my Fury build from this forum, and have recently attempted to try Arms. 

My guild did a full normal ToS run today, and i captured the logs. I seem to be parsing OK, but it felt clunky.

Here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mfLjRTWXrkb4ZxQY/#boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=20
      Armory:  https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/çleâvâgé

Any pointers would be appreciated.