FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
reikai

Titans grip vs. SMF

Hi everyone, I am very new to warrior dps. I am wondering if anyone can assist me in my question of: which is better while gearing up and at BiS Titans grip or Single minded fury. I know that according to sims both play styles are close but sims measure the numbers in perfect world scenario.

Hi everyone, I am very new to warrior dps. I am wondering if anyone can assist me in my question of: which is better while gearing up and at BiS Titans grip or Single minded fury. I know that according to sims both play styles are close but sims measure the numbers in perfect world scenario.

Realistically, you are going to have to play both, at all gear levels to figure out which one is good for you. You are 100% right, Sim numbers are simulated off of a "Perfect World" scenario. Hitting CD's, abilities, movement no movement Etc. all play a factor, Lat and Frames are huge. Following the sims will only lead you to heart break. 

I played a hunter since B.C. and I can honestly say that shit ruined me for my first year.

That's not entirely true. While sims aren't perfect, they are very good tools to help you figure out a lot of information.

To answer your question though, SMF and TG are pretty much equivalent, and Weapon item level should be the factor guiding you there. 

Quoting directly from the Fury Warrior giude right here on IV:

At the moment, Single-Minded Fury and Titan's Grip provide almost identical amounts of DPS. You should choose between them based on the gear you have available (so, choose the one for which you have the highest item level gear, especially weapons).