FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
wickedsymphony

[Resto] Trinket choice

Heya

So, I'm currently not quite sure about what trinket to use as a Resto. I'm playing that fringe spec, that people still mostly seem to dismiss as not viable (MoC, DoC (& Treants, to make it sound even more ridiculous biggrin.png)), so it's kinda hard to figure this kind of stuff out yourself, if you're not a therorycrafter.

I have the classtrinket and I have the 4pc. The classtrinket is always equipped but for the second trinket slot I'm not quite sure if I should go for inv_misc_enggizmos_14.jpgIron Reaver Piston or achievement_dungeon_shadowmoonhideout.jpDesecrated Shadowmoon Insignia (spirit gear is not an option with my spec).

The Iron Reaver trinket would be nice because of the haste boost, since I had to ditch some to get the 4pc and have since gotten noticeably fewer MoC procs (uptime down to 25%ish from prior 35%ish), but over the course of the following 1-2 weeks I should be able to get that back up anyway by upgrading the rest of my gear (still have some pieces that are either from BRF HC/HFC NHC, or have crappy stats on them)

Though I'm generally going for haste, the insignia would still be nice to buff my tranqs, since I'm for the most part the only healer in our raids with a strong healCD (we have a disc and a holypala as our 2 other mainheals).

Thoughts? Suggestions? 

Aim for the mana reduction trinket and the leech trinket, with the class trinket as an alternative option for a few scenarios where your raid is lacking stacked healing while the tactic includes stacking. An example of that would be Hellfire Council with a healing setup heavy on Discs or Holy Paladins. In that case I would use it instead of the mana reduction trinket.

When selecting items, you generally shouldn't think about what boosts your Tranquility. People rarely die while you cast Tranquility, and your job is not to do high HPS but to keep people alive. Both DSI and Piston are bad choices unless your group is killing bosses faster than you can deplete your mana. 

I would advice against using Moment of Clarity by the way.

Both DSI and Piston are bad choices unless your group is killing bosses faster than you can deplete your mana. 

That's exactly the case though. I probably didn't make myself clear enough when I said that spirit gear is not an option. I don't go out of mana with that spec at all unless something is going incredibly wrong. So anything with spirit/mana reduction is only marginally more useful to me than equipment with strength on it.

But you are right, boosting tranq doesn't do much for actively keeping people alive. Will go for the Piston then because of the haste boost. 

I would advice against using Moment of Clarity by the way.

Agree to disagree smile.png 

I prefer this playstyle to the "normal" playstyle and have been raiding like that since BRF came out. I don't intend to change that anytime soon.

If you're doing Heroic / Normal content, it really does not matter what you use.  You can run all DPS gear and 'not run out of mana' depending on how the rest of your group performs.  Moment of Clarity is not a good choice whatsoever in any content that is actually meaningful.