FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Creepzy

Havoc and logs question

Hi I'm trying to figure out why our destroy lock in raid is so low in dmg.

We are a rly casual raiding team and are just running normal hfc so not much of us have any tiers so far and no class trinkets.

My question is just if havoc does show up on logs or not.

I can't seem to find a single one and by visual I can't say I have been seeing dual cbs thrown out on targets.

As for lvl 100 talents is the demon way better on single target and carry on multi fights?

Yes Havoc shows up. Firstly in the "Cast" section so you can see how often it is being used.

If it is then you want to be going to the "Damage Done" tab.

Then you can see under CB and SB how many stacks of Havoc were actually used if the hits number is higher than the casts (though casts can also be lost if the target dies before the spells hit).

If your lock is serious about improving get them to post their logs and someone will look over them and try to assist. Locks do scale very well though with mastery, tier sets, weapons, trinkets and the like. 

Yes Havoc shows up. Firstly in the "Cast" section so you can see how often it is being used.

If it is then you want to be going to the "Damage Done" tab.

Then you can see under CB and SB how many stacks of Havoc were actually used if the hits number is higher than the casts (though casts can also be lost if the target dies before the spells hit).

If your lock is serious about improving get them to post their logs and someone will look over them and try to assist. Locks do scale very well though with mastery, tier sets, weapons, trinkets and the like. 

Found it and yes sadly my thoughts was confirmed.
Not a single havoc was used and on top of that shadowburn isn't used either.
Would like to think there would be amazing ones to use during Hellfire Assault where i just count 3 of them.
Edited by Lockybalboa

Havoc is much easier to track usage via the "Buffs" tab, not damage done.  Gimmicks and things like casting a Chaos Bolt and it not landing on its target can skew "casts" and "hits."  

The "buffs" window will show you the casts of Havoc as well as the interval between casts.  It'll be much easier to not only see that this Warlock is using Havoc but how Havoc is lined up with appropriate timings of the fight and/or buffs he may get.

Sorry, this is not entirely on topic, but it seems this is the best place to ask this question.

Is there a good way to view how people are using backdraft charges in Warcraft logs? I recently was reviewing an applicant to my guild and was trying to figure out how he was using backdraft. It basically boiled down to me watching the replay and seeing what he casts after conflagrate. There has to be a better way.

Sorry, this is not entirely on topic, but it seems this is the best place to ask this question.

Is there a good way to view how people are using backdraft charges in Warcraft logs? I recently was reviewing an applicant to my guild and was trying to figure out how he was using backdraft. It basically boiled down to me watching the replay and seeing what he casts after conflagrate. There has to be a better way.

There is a couple of ways to do it, I'll show you the more simple way:

1)  Go to the buffs tab and find backdraft.  Pin it using the white + symbol next to it's line.

2)  Go to the casts tab and select events view.

3)  Look for the colored squares on a particular line, this indicates the gain/loss of the buff tracked, in this case backdraft.

4)  Any lines in-between the gained/lost lines indicates that the buff was up when the ability was cast.

The other way I can think of doing it is using the following pin:

&pins=2%24Off%24%23244F4B%24damage%24-1%240.0.0.Warlock%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24true%240%24and%24auras-gained%24-1%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24true%24117828%24true%24true&by=ability

This should work properly when used in the damage-done tab and when you switch it to events view you can see the breakdown of when what was cast, and it will only show abilities that were cast when backdraft was active on the player.

If Backdraft is where you have to go to see how good this guy is, I'd say he's fine.  Backdraft is a VERY low analytical priority in what Destruction does to see how good they are.  If you're looking through logs and go "oh, he casted Chaos Bolt with 4 charges of Backdraft, trial failed" then you might exclude someone who anticipates a trinket fading or situation where consuming Backdraft with Chaos Bolt is optimal.  

• Like 1

Lol, we definitely weren't hinging the application process on backdraft. It was just a question another warlock asked when I was looking the logs over. I had no straightforward answer and was curious if you guys did.