FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
vaeevictiss

What am i doing wrong with destro

So we finally got a 2nd lock in our guild that is good (after several pretty bad try outs) so i now have a gauge to compare against. We are fairly equally geared, same ilevel, he doesnt have the arch trinket and i do. 

On destro fights, most of the time, he can pull a lot more dps than me. Normally i can get him on aff fights unless i fuck up my rotation or something. I can also outdps him by quite a bit on Iskar.

The stuff i can see is:

1. My Immolate uptime is usually fairly good, his on the other hand is surprisingly low. 

2. His CBs seem to hit harder, and he gets more off. This i know i can work on because i do cap quite a bit and just dont realize it.

3. On xhul, i noticed that he uses FnB a lot. I was told here in the past that the thing to do is havoc an imp and CB another in P1. I have always had low DPS doing this. I see he uses FnB chaos bolts here and does a lot more damage.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1Fyn3KXqQmAGfzLV

my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Vaeevictiss/advanced

his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Slikrick/advanced

When fresh Imps come out do a FnB CB then ready Havoc/SB sniping to finish the Imps off. Will up your DPS a bit. Also I would suggest not using fragment on Xhul. I think there is just too much target switching to make it worth it.

It all depends on if the Imps are stacked or not (which usually also depends on how many DKs you have) as to how you damage them. 

Ideally though they are stacked and I will open with a F&B CB. Havoc I would have pre-casted pre-spawn (as our Imps die fast) on boss and then focused on getting some SB kills.

Immolate doesn't really do much damage by itself however it does give a lot of ember bits. Though your overall uptime was pretty decent your individual uptime on the main adds and the boss was low but that does depend on how you have decided to play the fight.

Your other issues:

Not using DS with the ring

Too late Doomy

Using SB in execute (CB>SB when you do not copy it or the target will not die in 5 seconds)

Only 51% uptime on the class trinket, let alone at 5 stacks. Do you have another one? GSR is win

Using Dark Regen unless you really really need it

Few gaps in casting but you probably had to run

Capped on embers for over 1:45 minutes of the fight 

Lack of CBs

Lack of CBs in DS and DSI (hence your lower damage especially during the last phase when there was the ring, potion, DSI and DS up and you Shadowburned instead)

Lack of Havoc

Lack of stacks of Havoc used

Aim for more SB kills. Do you have obvious nameplates and a mouseover macro? 

Hope this helps

Disclaimer: Always may be errors

It all depends on if the Imps are stacked or not (which usually also depends on how many DKs you have) as to how you damage them. 

Ideally though they are stacked and I will open with a F&B CB. Havoc I would have pre-casted pre-spawn (as our Imps die fast) on boss and then focused on getting some SB kills.

Immolate doesn't really do much damage by itself however it does give a lot of ember bits. Though your overall uptime was pretty decent your individual uptime on the main adds and the boss was low but that does depend on how you have decided to play the fight.

Your other issues:

Not using DS with the ring

Too late Doomy

Using SB in execute (CB>SB when you do not copy it or the target will not die in 5 seconds)

Only 51% uptime on the class trinket, let alone at 5 stacks. Do you have another one? GSR is win

Using Dark Regen unless you really really need it

Few gaps in casting but you probably had to run

Capped on embers for over 1:45 minutes of the fight 

Lack of CBs

Lack of CBs in DS and DSI (hence your lower damage especially during the last phase when there was the ring, potion, DSI and DS up and you Shadowburned instead)

Lack of Havoc

Lack of stacks of Havoc used

Aim for more SB kills. Do you have obvious nameplates and a mouseover macro? 

Hope this helps

Disclaimer: Always may be errors

Yea i find i cap a lot either because im hoping for that proc to show up because it hasnt in a while or because it just happens so frigging fast it almost like you have to just weave incin and CB. It doesnt take much to just cap embers. I added a sound to my weak aura for embers to sound off when i hit 25 and its just always going off but it is helping me realize how often i need to fire one off.

As for the CB>SB, i thought i had read in one of these threads that SB was better in execute now. Maybe it was like you said tho and only use it with adds you can cleave off of. good to know tho.

and ugh...i know about GSR...dont remind me lol. I de'ed the heroic version of it a long time ago when it was replaced and low and behold it ended up still being good lol. It was too late to do a restore and i never have the time to get in an BRF pug. The only other trinket i have that may be worth it is the CSR. i have a heroic darmacs and heroic BMC but i cant imagine they would be worth dropping to a 685 ilevel trinket.

Ill work on this because xhul in particular has been a bane for me.

Edited by vaeevictiss

CSP is actually quite good for its ilvl. You might think about using it in place of your class trinket on fights where you can't keep a high uptime on its debuff. That said, just do what I do and keep your fingers crossed for a mythic GSR from your next BRF cache. XD