FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Yasia

First Time Sub @WoD/HFC HC/Mythic - Low DPS, why?

Hi Guys!

Ive always played Combat but since i (tried) raiding @WoD I need to learn Sub for ST.

Used this Guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1857621-Rogue-PvE-Subtlety-Guide-for-6-2(sorry for x-ref. to mmo-champ)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/Y%C3%A2sia/advanced

Only Log which is usable for a diagnosis: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gY3PQV87dkWx9aLG#type=damage-done&translate=true&source=14

(Kilrog Try #4 + #5 and Kill as Sub, every other Fight brainf*** me to much to play Sub correctly... Maybe take Archi and Manno for another look at me)

My pure Melee dmg is #1 over Ambush - which is wrong but i'm not sure why. Other than that my SnD and Rupture Uptime is fine i quess (or atleast not the reason for low dps imo) I looked over the Cooldown Usage and cant find big mistakes, maybe im just to pissed about myself after the Raid to find the mistake. tongue.png

ilvl700 Dagger may be the reason for low Ambush dmg and overall dps?

Mace OH and Haste Enchants just because of missing 2nd Gear and weapon-drop-luck.

Please guys, help me.. biggrin.png

Honestly it doesn't look like you're making any major mistakes. The Haste enchants aren't helping you for sure - try going with Multistrike ones - it's good for Combat and also your best for Sub

Wipe #4 I'm not going to count, since you spent 7 seconds at the start of the fight not hitting the boss at all

I think a big part of your "low" Ambush damage is the normal trinket. If you can get your hands on a Heroic BHTV it will help I'm sure

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Carrn, i was hoping to hear from you. :P

I cant imagine that my low dps is 'just' coming from missing hc BHTV and haste enchants. (I was going to switch to multi enhancements After last night... And hc token just wont drop for me :/)

Checked my Logs again: It seems im not pooling enough energy for Vanish and sometimes Shadow Dance. I got the same amount of ambush casts like other Rogues in a comparable kilrog fight but just a few profit from t18 4pc/Master of Subtlety...

May this (+ above) be the explanation for low ambush dmg/dps?!

PS: Dunno what happened at #4 :D

Edited by Yasia

Yeah that's entirely possible, I didn't actually look at your energy levels. You should only be expecting to get 2 Ambushes per Vanish without SD, so make sure to use the second Ambush as close to the end of Subterfuge as possible to maximise FW uptime.

As far as actually pooling energy goes, you should never really need to. If FW and/or Soul Cap aren't up, you should be conserving energy as much as possible. Only use BS to avoid capping, and only use a finisher at 8-9 cp or to keep SnD / Rup up. That way as soon as your cooldowns are ready, you're able to jump right into them without waiting

• Like 1

That way as soon as your cooldowns are ready, you're able to jump right into them without waiting

That may actually be the Problem.. Its quite hard after several years of playing only Combat to do "nothing" for a short time tongue.png I think i was getting better every Boss/Pull/Wipe but still fall back into old patterns sometimes by just smashing the keyboard biggrin.png

For Energy "pooling" i checked my Logs again:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gY3PQV87dkWx9aLG#translate=true&comparesearchplayer=14&comparesearch=2.10.2.28&type=resources&source=14&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-cast%240%240.0.0.Any%2474102057.0.0.Rogue%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2491021^0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2474102057.0.0.Rogue%24false%24188700^0%24Separate%24%23a04D8A%24casts%240%240.0.0.Any%2474102057.0.0.Rogue%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2451713&spell=103

Theres definitely space to improve but i think it isnt that bad...

If i compare my FW Uptime with other Sub Rogues in a comparable Log/Fight it seems to be higher than theirs sometime - And I thought i failed at maximising the Uptime. smile.png

I will try to get my hands on hc BHTV and a hc or Mythic Dagger. Getting more practice and follow your advise (where are the rest of my fellow rogues btw? tongue.png) should do the trick... I'll come back with new Logs then. wink.png

Thanks! <3

Edited by Yasia

Yeah I looked when I posted the second comment and it didn't seem that bad. There's some room for improvement, but nothing too awful.

Logs from last night:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cc9qJZ18gPpLKR3Q#translate=true&fight=2&type=damage-done

This time all Fights went pretty well but still im not statisfied with my performance.

For example Mannoroth and Archimonde: Matzll (Alt from Guildie, 710 Dagger, hc Soul Cap, 4pc T18, NO BHTV and avg. 704/705 ilvl)

@Mannoroth i cant find any big difference except for 47% (Matzll) vs. 39% FW Uptime. Still just 1.2m difference in dmg done and 4k at dps.

@Archi my FW (and SnD) Uptime sucks just like my Ambush Cast-Counter - dunno what happened there.

Except for this i cant find any major mistakes... definitely still room for improvement, but is that all to explain my low dmg done/dps? Or do i expect to much for missing BHTV and >710 MH? biggrin.png

I did a quick Sim on your character, and you're not that far off on damage considering how many mechanics on Mannoroth get in the way. The Sim had you at 63k and you pulled 58, so I don't really think you're doing too badly at all