FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cynex

11% Haste cap vs mastery/boomkin aura

So my raid leader is a boomkin and of course i get the 5% haste and I have it for every single raid. Which would,at my current reforge/ilvl, put me right above the 11% for the haste cap. I did this so Im able to reforge much higher into mastery and still keep my hit/haste cap during raid. Of course,outside of raid I only have around 6% haste.

Do you think what Im doing is a viable thing or should I reforge out of mastery and try to have that constant haste cap? Im not sure on the exact numbers for the next extra tick after 4717 but would having 17% really be worth losing that extra damage from my 63% mastery

Also,heres what my armory looks like after I plugged in my scale factors.

http://us.battle.net.../Cynex/advanced

Edited by Cynex

the 4717 mark is where you need to be at before your 5% raid buff comes in. not after.

edit: here's the easy cheat sheet i like to link http://www.totemspot.../entry.php?b=44

now, if you look at the non goblin affliction section you'll see this

Posted Image

I've underlined 3 sections. HASTE RAID NONE

What this table shows you is at what % of haste you will get an extra tick of a spell.

For example, if we want an extra tick of Agony (first line) we need to get to a total of 4.19% haste

It doesn't matter where this 4% comes from. either from our raid members or from our gear.

If we were in a raid (meaning the 5% haste buff is there from a boomkin or hunter pet), we won't need to worry about it. if there were none (no 5% from boomkin or hunter pet), we would personally be responsible to find 1,783 haste from our gear/gems/enchants.

so now we move down to the 5th line. in order to get that 2nd tick of corruption, we would need 16.65% of haste. If we are in a raid (again, with either the boomkin or the hunter pet) we need to come up with 4,717....11% of the needed haste on our own with our gear/gems/enchants. If we had no boomkin/hunter pet, then we'd need to have the full 16.65% (shown in the none column )

ya dig?

Edited by Gravyspasm
  • Like 1

lol, Gravy I love you. You know why. I think you and I both live up to your Bill Hicks quote.

Anyways, today is a slow day at the office, so I'll be doing 10 different 10000 iteration simulations to test this Haste/Mastery impact, because my initial feel is that haste thresholds don't mean as much as previously implied with the workings of Pandemic and constant refreshing. More to come soon.

Anyways, today is a slow day at the office, so I'll be doing 10 different 10000 iteration simulations to test this Haste/Mastery impact,

i'm still home sick with the flu, but now i have internet in the new place, so im ok with that. and just in time for my new feat of strength.

Dude, grats on the ole Thunderfury by the way.just noticed you got that a few hours ago!

This is why I love these forums. Everyone here actually takes the time to help each other and pass on the know how rather than just say "lolz no your a noob,gg"

Thanks for clearing that up for me gravy I really appreciate the time investment in explaining it!!I had it completely backwards. I also really look forward to what Zagam finds out about the iteration testing he's doing. Im always looking for ways to better myself and my play style!

Ive read most of Zagam's posts regarding the legendary Mastery/Haste debate and at my current gear level and also according to simcraft, my haste is only a sightly higher weight than my mastery, which matches with what Zagam mentions in his sticky. Posted Image I only came along this whole issue while trying to reforge into several new gear pieces and not really seeing any noticeable stat increases. i always seem to be staying at around 52% mastery, hit cap, and haste cap from ilvl 481 to 486.. I chalk that up to unrealistic gear expectations i guess Posted Image.

I'll definitely reforge back into Mastery >>> Haste. Im just trying to compile and decide what gear is gonna be the BiS for me since im wanting to keep my hit cap.

I guess my only real question I have left is,Is there a way to edit the simcraft simulation data to account for my 15% hit requirement so im not always coming up with hit weights that are much lower than my mastery and haste?