FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
HardBeatZ

Weird Forum Bug with Reputation

There seems to be a weird bug tracking reputation across threads. I haven't isolated a root cause yet, but wanted to point it out in case it has been noticed by others as well. I will update this thread if I can identify what is causing the bug to appear (or if one of the mods can).

First Thread

Posted Image

Second Thread

Posted Image

I noticed this as well, I think it's an error in the thread. As you can see on the first picture Damien has 1 rep, while administrators don't have the reputation function enabled. It looks like the reputation points are scrambled between the posts, there are other examples of this in the class discussion threads. In the holy pala stats for example, Vlad has 0 rep in his first post, and in his second post there is no reputation line.

I just noticed it again in the forum contest news. It looks like are the reputations have moved up one post starting with post 3.

post 3 hasn't got rep while it should have,

post 4 has the rep from post 3

post 5 has the rep from post 4

Yeah I'm not sure what's causing the rep to bump. I originally thought it was either Vlad or Damien commenting in the thread and the system acting weird and blowing up, but that doesn't seem to be the case as seen across other posts.

I also thought it was the possibility of a post being deleted and the reputation system not realigning itself properly, but it seems to be hitting to many threads for that to be the case.

There has to be something else that is going on that is causing the bug to occur.

I think there's an issue with the cache system that IPB uses (every stat is cached, basically). I'll reboot the server tomorrow morning, see if it does anything. If not, I'll look into it a bit more.

Edit: Ok, just seen Madmonk's reply. There's definitely something going on there. I'll check tomorrow morning :)

The problem is now solved. Thank you guys for spotting it :)

The thing I use to display the reputation level is a hook. It is a piece of code I can add to IPB and I need to tell when this piece of code must be run. You have several "anchor points" to which you can like attach your code and I had make it so it'd be run after the code for the avatar. The problem is that some forum members do not have avatars and it was messing it all up for some reason. So now, the reputation code is run before the post count code and all is working fine ;)