FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
garrodith

Raid item level

hello all,

first of all i would like to thank icy veins for all the work they have put in to achieve such a great site!

now on topic, i would like to ask what minimal item level would i need to go raiding in 10 mans. i have looked up the encounters and i think i could handle them. my item level is 476 so is that good enough to start? i have good most LFR loot, some sha and some rep, (as well as 1-2 hcs) fully gemmed and half enchanted. also in case it matters i am a resto druid healer

thanks all for reading!

• Like 1

Yessum, you're definitely ready. Posted Image However, get those enchants and gems! If you have an off-hand, don't forget to enchant it too! (It's the most commonly forgotten enchant.) When raiding, whether "hardcore" progression or not, it's always best to be fully enchanted and gemmed at all times. Don't waste Sha Crystal enchants like Jade Spirit on a blue, but Windsong would be a nice alternative. See? Posted Image Especially with you being a healer, it's imperative that you do so. I'm one of the two healers our group uses. I don't suggest you guys attempt two-healing it until you really learn the fights and get better gear. It's tough! XD We're currently learning Emperor in ours, so I can relate. Good luck, and have fun!

Edited by Pandariah
  • Like 1

At 476 you should definitely be fine! Full gems/enchants like Pandariah said are a must, but beyond that just know the fights and where big spikes of damage are going to come out. Anything in the 460's is usually the low end cutoff point depending on the group and what they are trying to do. Progression? Probably 470 at the minimum, but for casual/farm mode a little lower wouldn't be a problem.

A tip I used when I started healing with my pally is to check out the damage taken meters after every fight, especially if you wipe. Try to see if there is a DPS or healer taking substantially more damage than anyone else and see if you can help them to figure out a way to take less. Less unnecessary raid damage can lower the healer's gear requirements quite a bit. A 490+ healer is still going to struggle if everyone stands in firePosted Image .

• Like 1

It's so true. I could cut people when they stand in things. Lol! Or when I see our ranged DPS not go to our melee with chains on Stone Guards. XD I'm like, "HEY! Move yo' butt over thar! NAOTHNX!" They giggle, because this is actually how I talk. I don't get mad, they're such sweet people and we have a blast. I hope you have much luck in your raid, Garrodith. :D Also, to Cruzan - HERRO fellow Sparkle Ranger! >:D *waves spastically*

Anywho, if you need any help with your gems or chants, picking which one is best, I'm sure you know to check out the Druid guide here in Icy Veins, no doubt. However, like many things, it's all subject to your own play-style. So, then feel free to ask opinions if you don't agree, or want to try something new. ^^ Good luck to you!

• Like 2

I concur with what has already been said, namely that as soon as you reach item level 470, you should be good to go. Remember that those who started raiding the first week of Mogu'shan Vaults had less than that ;)

• Like 1

Don't waste Sha Crystal enchants like Jade Spirit on a blue, but Windsong would be a nice alternative.

I suppose I'm a special case. xD. I've enchanted 3 blues on two toons with Jade Spirit... I had a crafted BS axe on my monk that I've had ever since it hit 90. I decided to put Jade Spirit on it for my raids since I was not sure when I would get a weapon since at the time all the other healers needed one as well. It has been MONTHS and I still have the damn blue weapon. Last week I got so tired of it i grabbed the Carapace breaker from Gate of the Setting Sun and enchanted it with Jade Spirit and justified it as a min-max upgrade of 200 crit. I'm pretty desperate for a new weapon right now. lol. Of course I also raid a lot of Heroic Content, so I try to make sure I'm always properly enchanted.

As for the 3rd Jade Spirit I've used, it was on again, the Carapace Breaker, on my resto druid because at the time I had enchanted it I was working towards Realm First Gold Challenge Conquer and had the need to min-max as well for that.

ok thanks all for the posts! ill try to farm the gold to get the jade spirit enchant or just start, also anyone know what is the best way to look for a casual raid group?

Go to www.wowprogress.com look up your realm and browse the guilds and if you like one contact the officers of that guild in-game.

For your question though I'd say you're close to being overgeared. I started doing heroic raids with my tank the moment I got 480 ilvl. With other words you should have no problems at all :)