FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Groggy

To equip or not to equip that's the question.

Hello fellow warlocks,

I am looking for some advice atm i have the following setup, finally after months I looted the sha-touched staff.

However I got the nice tornado offhand (il496) combined with the dagger from TOES.

Main question is.. should I wait for the drop of Loshan Terror Incarnate or is my new staff way better?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Grøggy

Typically item for item, a 1H + OH is better than a staff because of the extra enchant you get. However, RNG is a fickle lady and you should never wait for something else to drop. The perk to using the staff is upgrading to 504 would only cost you 1500 valor while upgrading your MH and OH would require 3000 valor. Loshan has Haste and Crit and the Tornado Censer has Hit and Crit while Jin'ya has Haste and Crit, so you're not really changing much there. Take whatever gives you the best stats.

Thanks for your quick reply, thought you guys would be asleep at this time.

I guess I will upgrade for the staff, put a 500 intellect gem into it with a nice jade spirit enchant,.

If I loot the Loshan Terror Incarnate next week,I wil ask Blizz for a refund :)

Another q, my mastery will drop by 292 is that a big issue?

You can always reforge from other places other than your weapon. I reforge the Crit to Hit on my staff, accept the high amount of Haste, and reforge some Haste to Mastery on other pieces of gear. Sadly, Blizzard won't refund your cost. Last night, I upgraded from the 504 Loshan and 496 Censer to the 509 Jin'yu...9000g for the 500 Int gem + 2250 for the extra socket = 11250g for my upgrade. Tack on the price for Jade Spirit and upgrading my weapon cost me 16250g. If you haven't used your gem, think hard about if your group will be able to down Heroic Lei Shi anytime soon. Fight isn't that difficult and you can get your weapon up to 517. Just a thought, but like I said before...don't bank on RNG.