FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mibsen

Blood DK in DmG trouble

Hello, my guild is complaining that i am taking too much dmg, and the healers is going oom cus of it. I have given a couple of links to some encounters where you can see my cooldown usage, because that is what i am blaiming atm. Anything i can change in my cooldown usage?

Heroic Stone guard:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9feo09cszzzfxyaj/details/2/?s=4521&e=4762

Lei Shi Normal:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9feo09cszzzfxyaj/details/2/?s=2621&e=2959

Sha of Fear Normal:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9feo09cszzzfxyaj/details/2/?s=3234&e=3721

I hope you can give me some advice, because i really don't want to be the cause of wipes because of my cooldown usage is wrong.

Thanks

//Rorhas

I think your healers are being a bit overdramatic. Your Blood Shields are huge and you have it up a lot. Vampiric Blood has a 1 minute CD, right? On Sha, you only used it 4 times when it could have been used 8 times. Other than that, you look fine. If you're taking spike damage on Sha, time your Blood Shields for his Thrash.

As Zagam said, while you could have a bit better uptime on VB, your CD use doesn't look that bad.

Ask your healers HOW you are taking a lot of damage. Is it fast and bursty? or is it just heavy sustained damage over a long time? One thing that could help is using something other than RE. RE is really bad for DS placement. Try using RC for a while and see if you can time your death strikes better, which should help a bit. come back to us with what your healers say and we can probably give you a bit more feedback, including whether or not your are even the issue.

Edited by Reniat

Well i am being told that it is mostly overall damage i am taking too much :)

But he insists that i should do better, when it comes to using my cooldowns. Are there anything you would suggest me using more, or less? i am gonna change to RC instead of RE, but what about stuff like Anti Magic shield or anything else?

Look to see if you can find one or two other Blood DK logs for boss kills of approximately the same fight length. Make sure its another BloodDK, the same boss, the same raid level and approximately the same time, give or take a little doesn't have to totally exact. Compare yourself to them, apples to apples, to see if your incoming damage is about the same. If not then dig a little deeper to see if a specific kind of damage is hugely different. Also, go and check your healers logs and see how much over healing they are doing, maybe its not your incoming damage, maybe its your healers wasting heals and then complaining its your fault. If your waiting on a DS and one of your healers blows a set of huge single target heals on you just as you DS that's pretty inefficient and that might be more of a communication issue with your healers.

I have RE and it's rare I find myself not able to cast/hit something, though I find myself using RB alot. I'm kinda in the middle of a transition as I am going from Unholy to Blood, but I've run enough Heroics to have a pretty good rotation down.

I've run Raids through LFG as Tank and have been able to hold my own - although I did get made fun of for about 5 min when I decided I would pull Spirit Kings without stacking... Lesson learned.

Do you have a link to your toon? Mine is on my profile page. Still looking to find better trinket than the Str one...

Well to be honest, i have read up on homepages like tankspot, elitistjerks, and here on icy veins, but they are still complaining about me taking too much damage, i am now blaming it on gear, as i dunno what i can do different myself. i will try and update this post as i (hopefully) gear up more.

Head and legs and trinket are big pieces, which are all 463-471. Your ilvl is fine on paper, but I bet the extra stats from those upgrades would do a lot. You might want to consider harder mastery gemming, especially on the prismatic sockets, since your gear and stam pool are reaching appropriate levels.

Other than that, I agree with the above statement that the healers are overreacting. Possibly spoiled by healing a much more geared tank. Your logs seem like you know what you're doing.

If you subtract your self healing from your damage taken you are taking far less damage than the warrior tank on every single fight in that log, so your overall damage taken can't possibly be the issue.

There could possibly be a problem with the way you're taking the damage though. If you are mostly spamming death strikes then you're going to constantly go from 5 seconds of invincible to 5 seconds of almost dead. It'll be a wild roller coaster ride of OOM for the healers. This may or may not be your play style, but if it is, then you should try to focus more on using death strikes just to smooth out the spikes in the damage you're taking, rather than trying to stop the damage from ever happening.

DK's are a weird class, we can be really OP, and yet still look squishy to outsiders, but as long as you self heal the right way your group will think you're a god.

Edit: I also just found you on the Armory. You should regem for Stam. and replace one of your trinkets with a stam trinket if you can get your hands on either the trash drop from MSV, or the Shadopan stam trinket. Your self healing is most likely being limited by your HP right now more than by the amount of mastery you have.

Edited by Storm301