Aix

Archimonde Issues

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, i'm just looking for some extended assistance with Archimonde (H) as I've still yet to land a kill on this fucker gentleman.

My guild has tried a number of strategies such as the normal 2 banish group strat, the all in on the 2nd banish to 1-shot the Netherwalker and get out asap to nuke infernals & the boss strat, and others. Regardless of the strategy we use we most commonly wipe on the 2nd set of infernals and it just seems like our boss damage is really low when we really need it in that last phase.

For the fight I usually run Destruction because it's does well to kill the Deathcallers & Doomfires, and i also usually get sent in banish groups. Affliction seems to be good for boss damage and has decent add damage, but in my opinion Destruction seems just better suited for it.

Anyway, looking for any general advice to improve on this fight, it's pretty annoying not knowing how to push myself further to land this kill.

Armory

Recent Logs (I am the only lock)

I am aware the class trinket (destro) is lack luster on the Archimonde fight unless you're able to micro it well, but I have yet to get a mythic ore trinket and the only substitute I have at the moment is the Prophecy trinket, which is also pretty meh. Would forking over the 40k for a Sandman's trinket be worth it in this case?

Also a few self-notes from looking at the logs, it seems:

a.) My immolate uptime could be better, would love to bump it to a consistent 90%~.

b.) Tried to havoc as many times as I could but perhaps it's simply not enough.

c.) My damage seems to just die off in the last phase, perhaps panicking or a lot of movement to avoid the RoC damage (it's worth noting that a few pulls we tried just healing through the RoC damage, which might lead to why people get hit by it so many times).

d.) My Dark Soul usage seems pretty off, will look to fix.

f.) Perhaps KJ's Cunning?

Any advice is appreciated. 

Edited by Aix

Well, I am not great at reading logs, but you are using Heroism kind of late in the fight. I suggest using it right after the first group comes out of the Nether banish.  Save the ring proc for then as well.  If everyone is alive, you have a nice long window for everyone to just pew pew the boss and burn him down quick.  If your dps is strong enough he shouldn't last much longer than the third nether banish.

[EDIT:  More importantly, looking at your logs, you are not handling raid mechanics correctly with the Infernal Doombringers.  They cast Eternal Flame which heals other Infernals within 8 yards.  It looks like you might have them stacked and thus they are healing each other.

The more they heal, the longer they take to kill, thus you have less uptime on the boss.  Also they have a pulse AOE after a bit, so if you let them live too long, they wipe the raid]

Edited by Scathbais

Hey, just thought i'd give you an update if you care :P.

We killed H Archimonde as the iLvl bumps rolled out, guess we just needed a bit more damage >.<. We were aware that they heal each other when stacked, our taunts with them seemed very off though haha.

I'm still struggling to find a use for the class trinket though (destro), so I just use sandman's most of the time.

Current Armory

Logs from the kill

Cheers :D!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By barrygottehrerreales
      Hey guys I'm brand new to playing World of Warcraft, is there a good video to help a newbie out? Just go over the basics of the game, show you all the controls and what you do. Look forward to learning the game, and chatting with you guys.
      Thanks a ton,
      Barry Gottehrer
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.
      We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 3 or more mythic boss kills in NH.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM/MM.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Warlock: Affli/Destro.
      Any and all applications be considered.
    • By Ocebard
      Hey all! I need some help with my dps, Im 884 ilvl and only do 350-400k dps overall on fights in Nighthold, even on dummy. 
      I just changed to BoS build so I have to practice, but it feels imossible to get more out of him. Im a bit off at stats and havent got legendary belt, ring or set bonus. Atm I have 25% Crit but only 15% haste :-/ Simcraft says 325 dps... about 360 with Glacial advance build.
      Here is a log from Krosus
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2maWdcvFDwtyQAz6#fight=23&view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=6
      Here is my Armory 
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Ocebard/simple
    • By Furtivvo
      *Affliction Lock - Orc, ilevel 885, 38 artifact traits*
      1600-1700 2's rating: with a Resto Shaman
      1800+ 3's rating: with a Resto Shaman/DH
      Pets: Fel Hunter (Permanent) then: Inferno stun / Fel hunter

My question is how do you play with your lock in 2's vs 3's strategy?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (1). Do you just outlast and wait for dampening? spread pressure, UA+Drain when you can, and try and outlast with:

Talents: Writhe / Absolute / Howl / Siphon / Demon / Service / Phantom ?

Honor Talents: Relentless / Mind Quickness / Tongues or Weakness / Nether / Deaths Embrace / Amplify ?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (2). OR do you try to set up burst windows? with some what spread pressure    (its hard to get dots on both healer/dps) but CC chain the healer and burst with UA + Drain on the DPS for a kill window? with:

Talents: MG / Absolute / Howl / Siphone / Demon / Service / Phantom?

Honor Talents: Relentless / Mind Quickness / Tongues or Weakness / Nether / Deaths Embrace / Amplify ?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      For 3's I do the (1) for the spread pressure since its hard for the healer to maintain, but for 2's I keep trying (1) and (2), I just cant seem to find the right way to climb in 2's
      Any advice on talents/honor talents or play style for Affliction in 2's or 3's? or anything you try with your healers? I'm open for suggestions and talent changes

thank you.
    • By Furtivvo
      *Affliction Lock - Orc, ilevel 885, 38 artifact traits*
      1600-1700 2's rating: with a Resto Shaman
      1800+ 3's rating: with a Resto Shaman/DH
      Pets: Fel Hunter (Permanent) then: Inferno stun / Fel hunter

My question is how do you play with your lock in 2's vs 3's strategy?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (1). Do you just outlast and wait for dampening? spread pressure, UA+Drain when you can, and try and outlast with:

Talents: Writhe / Absolute / Howl / Siphon / Demon / Service / Phantom ?

(2). OR do you try to set up burst windows? with some what spread pressure    (its hard to get dots on both healer/dps) but CC chain the healer and burst with UA + Drain on the DPS for a kill window? with:

Talents: MG / Absolute / Howl / Siphone / Demon / Service / Phantom?

For 3's I do the (1) for the spread pressure since its hard for the healer to maintain, but for 2's I keep trying (1) and (2), I just cant seem to find the right way to climb in 2's
      Any advice on talents/honor talents or play style for Affliction in 2's or 3's? or anything you try with your healers? I'm open for suggestions and talent changes

thank you.