Aix

Archimonde Issues

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, i'm just looking for some extended assistance with Archimonde (H) as I've still yet to land a kill on this fucker gentleman.

My guild has tried a number of strategies such as the normal 2 banish group strat, the all in on the 2nd banish to 1-shot the Netherwalker and get out asap to nuke infernals & the boss strat, and others. Regardless of the strategy we use we most commonly wipe on the 2nd set of infernals and it just seems like our boss damage is really low when we really need it in that last phase.

For the fight I usually run Destruction because it's does well to kill the Deathcallers & Doomfires, and i also usually get sent in banish groups. Affliction seems to be good for boss damage and has decent add damage, but in my opinion Destruction seems just better suited for it.

Anyway, looking for any general advice to improve on this fight, it's pretty annoying not knowing how to push myself further to land this kill.

Armory

Recent Logs (I am the only lock)

I am aware the class trinket (destro) is lack luster on the Archimonde fight unless you're able to micro it well, but I have yet to get a mythic ore trinket and the only substitute I have at the moment is the Prophecy trinket, which is also pretty meh. Would forking over the 40k for a Sandman's trinket be worth it in this case?

Also a few self-notes from looking at the logs, it seems:

a.) My immolate uptime could be better, would love to bump it to a consistent 90%~.

b.) Tried to havoc as many times as I could but perhaps it's simply not enough.

c.) My damage seems to just die off in the last phase, perhaps panicking or a lot of movement to avoid the RoC damage (it's worth noting that a few pulls we tried just healing through the RoC damage, which might lead to why people get hit by it so many times).

d.) My Dark Soul usage seems pretty off, will look to fix.

f.) Perhaps KJ's Cunning?

Any advice is appreciated. 

Edited by Aix

Well, I am not great at reading logs, but you are using Heroism kind of late in the fight. I suggest using it right after the first group comes out of the Nether banish.  Save the ring proc for then as well.  If everyone is alive, you have a nice long window for everyone to just pew pew the boss and burn him down quick.  If your dps is strong enough he shouldn't last much longer than the third nether banish.

[EDIT:  More importantly, looking at your logs, you are not handling raid mechanics correctly with the Infernal Doombringers.  They cast Eternal Flame which heals other Infernals within 8 yards.  It looks like you might have them stacked and thus they are healing each other.

The more they heal, the longer they take to kill, thus you have less uptime on the boss.  Also they have a pulse AOE after a bit, so if you let them live too long, they wipe the raid]

Edited by Scathbais

Hey, just thought i'd give you an update if you care :P.

We killed H Archimonde as the iLvl bumps rolled out, guess we just needed a bit more damage >.<. We were aware that they heal each other when stacked, our taunts with them seemed very off though haha.

I'm still struggling to find a use for the class trinket though (destro), so I just use sandman's most of the time.

Current Armory

Logs from the kill

Cheers :D!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Deydoridra
      Hey guys,
      I'm new to playing affliction lock and ranged DPS in general really. Can someone help me see why my DPS isn't where it should be? I've changed my stats around and have been playing with my legendaries and rotation but I can't seem to improve. If someone has some ideas it would be much appreciated. 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/arathor/syraice
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/71tcn24XFqBpZf9a/#view=rankings&boss=-2&difficulty=0
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, PUBG, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: 
      Stjern#2802 or Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 930~ ilvl
      - 62+ traits.
      - 6/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood/Unholy.
      Warrior: Arms.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Druid: Guardian.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Mage: Frost/Fire.
      Rogue: Assassination/Subtlety.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Warlock: Affliction/Destruction.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By bowsersfury
      Hello, 
      I am concerned that I am severely under performing as a fury warrior. I can manage to parse typically in the 80s for almost every fight in heroic ToS with a few exceptions: Mistress, Host, Avatar. I'm currently 933 equipped and I'm not at all concerned about my stats... I know I should and could be parsing in the 90s. But I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. 

My opener looks something like this: Charge, Pop Moonglaives trinket, Pop all CDS, Raging Blow, Oden's Fury, Rampage, then start normal priority rotation: Enraged RB>100 rage Rampage>RB>BT>FS. 

I have recently discovered that I have been doing my execute phase entirely wrong. I just went and tried first two bosses of heroic ToS again. Parses went up slightly... Goroth: 83->89, Inquis:84->90 but still not where I need to be. 
      Another think I'd like to mention is that I try to prioritize Enraged RB @100 rage before hitting rampage. According to Kelade (one of top fury warriors in US), this is 100k dps difference. Although at times I find myself in an awkward situation where I'm at 100 rage with RB on CD and I literally have to wait a whole global to hit it... I'd like to know how to make that stop lol. 

Last issue I'd like to bring up is this: Most of the time not all my CDs will line up perfectly together... BC, glaives, OF will be up but Avatar will be down. I'm slightly confused about when to use All/some of my cds... especially on fights like heroic KJ. Fights like Harj and Miss I'm confused about if I should hold all my cds for adds or blow them in the beginning along with prepot... I feel like prepot is a total waste without cds...

Below you will find the link to my armory and logs. Please Help me. I need to be parsing much higher than I am. My guild is doing mythic and I don't want to be the one holding us back.  

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/bòwser
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26903184
    • By Mezasu
      I've been playing a hunter for as long as I've been playing this game.  And for the first time in raiding, I feel like I am not doing my best and I cannot figure out why. I look at second by second rotations of top parsing hunters. In the past I was the one helping others out and writing small guides on forums...now I'm the one asking for help. 
      Here is a link to Goroth Mythic (my hunter's name is Mezäsu):
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KjRvcMqbYGrp16Bt#fight=3
      I am very open to criticism and any help anyone has to offer.
      I tried going into the Discord to ask for help there but was not able to get a word in (as the helpers were busy with other people). Hoping I may have better luck here.