Aix

Archimonde Issues

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, i'm just looking for some extended assistance with Archimonde (H) as I've still yet to land a kill on this fucker gentleman.

My guild has tried a number of strategies such as the normal 2 banish group strat, the all in on the 2nd banish to 1-shot the Netherwalker and get out asap to nuke infernals & the boss strat, and others. Regardless of the strategy we use we most commonly wipe on the 2nd set of infernals and it just seems like our boss damage is really low when we really need it in that last phase.

For the fight I usually run Destruction because it's does well to kill the Deathcallers & Doomfires, and i also usually get sent in banish groups. Affliction seems to be good for boss damage and has decent add damage, but in my opinion Destruction seems just better suited for it.

Anyway, looking for any general advice to improve on this fight, it's pretty annoying not knowing how to push myself further to land this kill.

Armory

Recent Logs (I am the only lock)

I am aware the class trinket (destro) is lack luster on the Archimonde fight unless you're able to micro it well, but I have yet to get a mythic ore trinket and the only substitute I have at the moment is the Prophecy trinket, which is also pretty meh. Would forking over the 40k for a Sandman's trinket be worth it in this case?

Also a few self-notes from looking at the logs, it seems:

a.) My immolate uptime could be better, would love to bump it to a consistent 90%~.

b.) Tried to havoc as many times as I could but perhaps it's simply not enough.

c.) My damage seems to just die off in the last phase, perhaps panicking or a lot of movement to avoid the RoC damage (it's worth noting that a few pulls we tried just healing through the RoC damage, which might lead to why people get hit by it so many times).

d.) My Dark Soul usage seems pretty off, will look to fix.

f.) Perhaps KJ's Cunning?

Any advice is appreciated. 

Edited by Aix

Well, I am not great at reading logs, but you are using Heroism kind of late in the fight. I suggest using it right after the first group comes out of the Nether banish.  Save the ring proc for then as well.  If everyone is alive, you have a nice long window for everyone to just pew pew the boss and burn him down quick.  If your dps is strong enough he shouldn't last much longer than the third nether banish.

[EDIT:  More importantly, looking at your logs, you are not handling raid mechanics correctly with the Infernal Doombringers.  They cast Eternal Flame which heals other Infernals within 8 yards.  It looks like you might have them stacked and thus they are healing each other.

The more they heal, the longer they take to kill, thus you have less uptime on the boss.  Also they have a pulse AOE after a bit, so if you let them live too long, they wipe the raid]

Edited by Scathbais

Hey, just thought i'd give you an update if you care :P.

We killed H Archimonde as the iLvl bumps rolled out, guess we just needed a bit more damage >.<. We were aware that they heal each other when stacked, our taunts with them seemed very off though haha.

I'm still struggling to find a use for the class trinket though (destro), so I just use sandman's most of the time.

Current Armory

Logs from the kill

Cheers :D!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamySosah
      Hey guys, i'm coming to all my fellow shamans as a last resort, i don't seem to understand were I've gone wrong. I've been maining my Ele Shaman for several months now, and I've followed every instruction with guides. My stat priority is on point, my gear considerably good. (942) at the moment. I've tried every build with multiple bosses etc. My simulator show i should be nearing 2M dps on fights. Yet when i'm fighting i'm around 850k. I don't know if this is because of all the movements, but like i mentioned above I've tried Ice fury build for movement fights. When i'm practicing and testing rotations on dummy's my numbers seem, to be ok. Does anyone have tricks, tips, or pointers on what'll take to achieve the damage i need. I watch others with same builds, with less gear pulling great numbers. I know elemental isn't the best for Single Target, but my last fight on maiden i pulled 700k DPS :( !!!! As far as AOE, no problem there. Numbers are outstanding on trash etc. Thanks for taking the time to ready this. 
      Armour Link - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/turalyon/foogus
      Goroth log link - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/w4HFNdmXMJLPfkrt/#fight=last
    • By Arlan
      Hi and, first of all, thanks for your time. 
      I´m back to WoW after around 3 years, and I´m feeling quite confused yet. My main is a Hunter. I left it during WoD as a BM. Now I´m back, still with WoD expansion, and I feel the class has changed a LOT. No traps, quite a different composition, etc. 
      I´d like some help in order to set my talents and rotations. My intention atm, as lvl 100, is to finish questing Draenor (still quite a bit to do here) and then buy Legion and try to level up before the expansion comes. I like soloing (I guess BM should be my choice, but I´m here to hear your opinions!!) and I´ll try to avoid skipping content. I´m not in a hurry, just want to enjoy the whole lore-and-questing all the way up.
      Thanks again for your help!!!!
    • By Caldyrvan
      A few days ago I posted a cheap priest deck. I have no idea how many actually have been interested in it but maybe we had some none registered visitors who knows. So here another deck. Again inspired by Chump but I had a similar deck before. Compared to Chumps' version I replaced 2x Twilight Summoner with 2x Spawn of N'Zoth (beause Epics are not budget :D) and I didn't want to craft Forbidden Ritual myself so I've put in 2 commons instread, Mortal Coil and Zealous Initiate.
      It's technically a Zoo but it plays differently which is a nice change to the "we know it all" stuff :)
      Total Arcane Dust Cost: 1500
      2x Flame Imp 1x Mortal Coil 2x Possessed Villager 2x Sanguine Reveler 2x Voidwalker 1x Zealous Initiate 2x Dire Wolf Alpha 2x Volatile Elemental 2x Darkshire Councilman 2x Devilsaur Egg 2x Spawn of N'Zoth 2x Unwilling Sacrifice 1x Void Terror 2x Ravenous Pterrordax 1x Cobalt Scalebane 2x Despicable Dreadlord 2x Bonemare Deck Code: AAECAf0GBMQIxQmNrQLKywINMNkHwgi0rAL2rgKNrwLnwQKrwgK0xAKXywL3zQKmzgKJ4gIA
      Guide:
      This deck is basically a Zoo, you can find a well written guide here, but maybe somewhat slower and less reliable due to the fact that you need to combo with your deathrattle cards but the value you get out of them should make up for it. As with any Zoo deck you want to put early pressure on your opponent and establish board control with cheap minions and playing on curve.
      In your starting hand you want to see a couple of 1 mana minions and a 2 (and/or maybe a 3 mana cost) mana cost to put something on the board and plan for your next turns. Flame Imp is always a good choice as well as Sanguine Reveler and a 1, 2 or maybe a 3 mana deathrattle minion to combo with. Against more aggressive decks a Voidwalker could be a good choice as well, against slower decks you might consider to keep a Devilsaur Egg. To be able to play a Darkshire Councilman on turn 3 is great too.
      You have good tools to maintain board control (besides the minions you already have) like Volatile Elemental which has great synergy with your cannibal cards like Ravenous Pterrordax. Unwilling Sacrifice is a bit like Deadly Shot and needs accurate play to be not a waste but the potential value you can get out of it is great. And later in the game Despicable Dreadlord helps a lot to maintain board control.
      Have fun :)
      -> Budget Aggro Priest Deck -> Budget Handbuff Paladin -> Budget Aggro/Tempo Rogue
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Shuppet
      I need guidance!
      I'm a returning player from the MoP era, I've played throughout TBC and beyond and currently I'm a iLvl 890 Mage. I haven't played any of Legion launch content, no 7.1/7.2 content when I first started playing again. Currently I've been doing all of the broken isles quests, currently on the last which is Suramar and my entire Broken Isles Rep standing is at Honoured across the board at this moment in time (btw this rep wall for flying is a joke).
      So here I am questing, doing dungeons and LFR. Multi-tasking multiple things, I've just received the last follower for the class hall quests, it's so overwhelming and I have no idea what I need to do to make sure I'm not missing out any tasty loot because I'm an avid completionist and wouldn't want to miss a mount or title or anything haha! But like I said, I'm so very overwhelmed by everything and I don't want to be doing things that I don't really need to do unless I get something shiny. Am I gonna be screwed if I skip the Broken Shore? Do i just go straight into argus? I love leveling alt characters but if i do all this, and have to do it again on an alt, I would be so angry. Obviously the Legion flying will benefit the alt, but if I can just skip to Argus(?), is it really worth it? Like jump straight into argus if its not gonna damage my alt toons chances of getting gear? WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING AND WHAT AM I WASTING MY TIME ON? - is the question I'm asking here. I hate missing a trick, please halp ! D;