FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ktuloo

What pet to use?

I looked quickly and didnt see this anywhere, although Im sure it might be. But I have a simple question.

I am BM, what is the best pet to use for pve, assuming full raid buffs.

I seem to be down to my spirit wolf for the 3000 mastery bonus and my Devilsaur, for the 5% crit bonus.

I realise I could find this out with some research, but figured Im sure someone else has done it already.

My Spirit wolf does about 2k more dps than the devilsaur, Im sure because of the mastery bonus which increase pet damage. The devilsaur will however, up my crit 5% which will boost my personal damage.

So, without wanting to figure out which buffs are more likely to be in a raid (10 man guild, as well as 25 LFR) which one will cause the best dps overall between us both?

Sorry if this is stupid, but its bugging me, lol.

honestly it depends on what buffs your group has. You said you had full raid buffs, if that is the case I think cats have slightly higher baseline dps, though not by much. You being BM I would go with whatever pet gives the mastery buff since that will improve your overall damage. Note: Pet buffs do not stack with player buff. So if you have a Shaman or Paladin the mastery buff given by your pet is a waste. Figure out what buffs your group needs as that will not only increase your dps but your groups as well. Icy-Veins has a nice breakdown of what pets give which buffs

• Like 1

Hello, I agree with Soultrain. Choice of your pet for raid really depends on buffs, so I am using sporebat when we don't have spell haste and hyena when we miss attack speed. When we have all the buffs I use spirit beast mostly, I tried several pets on dummy in Orgrimmar and found out that my spirit beast cat does slightly more (about 2k) dmg than the others I tried, like core hound, wolf, cat and goat. Hope this helps :)

i'm a newbie poster so go easy Posted Imageopen to correction on anything here

filling buffs up is no.1 priority, then it's down to debuffs which are

-12% Armor

+4% Physical Damage taken

+5% Spell Damage taken

-10% Physical Damage dealt

-50% Casting Speed

-25% Healing received

i 'm not sure if the casting speed and healing works on raid bosses

look at your raid set up

if you have a druid(bear or cat) or warrior tank you have -12% Armor

if you have a dps dk, pala or warr then you have +4% Physical Damage taken

if you have a warlock or rouge you have +5% Spell Damage taken

if you have tank dk, druid (bear or cat), warrior, pala (tank or dps) or monk you have -10% Physical Damage dealt(warlock and shammie can put it, but it's not optimal for them)

if you have rouge(with Mind-numbing Poison) you have -50% Casting Speed (warlock and mage too, but hardley use it)

if you have monk, rouge or warrior you have -25% Healing received

i put them in order of what i think is proirity, but can change depending on the raid, like if you have a few mages, ele shamie (that cause magic dmg, i think frost dk is a lot of magic dmg too) then +5% Spell Damage takenis higher than the phys and armor debuff

then if you have all or need it, bring a gorilla for a 30sec cd interupt

it's about overall raid dmg, not just your own

Edited by ancuncha

i'm a newbie poster so go easy Posted Image open to correction on anything here

filling buffs up is no.1 priority, then it's down to debuffs which are

-12% Armor

+4% Physical Damage taken

+5% Spell Damage taken

-10% Physical Damage dealt

-50% Casting Speed

-25% Healing received

i 'm not sure if the casting speed and healing works on raid bosses

look at your raid set up

if you have a druid(bear or cat) or warrior tank you have -12% Armor

if you have a dps dk, pala or warr then you have +4% Physical Damage taken

if you have a warlock or rouge you have +5% Spell Damage taken

if you have tank dk, druid (bear or cat), warrior, pala (tank or dps) or monk you have -10% Physical Damage dealt(warlock and shammie can put it, but it's not optimal for them)

if you have rouge(with Mind-numbing Poison) you have -50% Casting Speed (warlock and mage too, but hardley use it)

if you have monk, rouge or warrior you have -25% Healing received

i put them in order of what i think is proirity, but can change depending on the raid, like if you have a few mages, ele shamie (that cause magic dmg, i think frost dk is a lot of magic dmg too) then +5% Spell Damage takenis higher than the phys and armor debuff

then if you have all or need it, bring a gorilla for a 30sec cd interupt

it's about overall raid dmg, not just your own

Couple things I want to make note of here.

Rogues can also do the armor debuff, but it isn't efficient for them to. However, a DPS warrior can apply the debuff if glyphed into Colossus Smash (their major glyphs aren't straightforward DPS increases anyway).

The 10% damage debuff CAN be applied by ret paladins, but it's not very efficient (unless it's an AoE situation). Shamans can keep it up just fine (Earth Shock is part of their rotation). And the only monks that can apply it are tanks specifically. In any case, every tank can apply it, so don't even worry about this one.

Casting speed does not affect raid bosses, and I'm pretty certain the healing debuff doesn't either. Also, technically a DK can give the casting speed debuff, but it's inconvenient.

Finally, "rogue" not "rouge". It was bothering me the whole time, sorry.

If all the buffs are accounted for, OP, there's also some pets with other utility (knockback, slows, roots) that can be useful on certain fights.

Edited by Murmuur